Zach Wilson (MERGED) - New Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Because the Jets defense is worlds better than Oaklands most likely

2. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

if they sit Zack and its Flacco over Mike White i will go nuts.

fggrimes likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

At a guess the situation had to be clarified at all levels before a decision could be made. It may still not be totally clear what the options are.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Damn.. another off field connection. LeFleur's big brother is Saleh's best friend and now Zach f'n Wilson has an uncle who knows the Johnsons.. This shit is starting to smell to high hell as the optics here are not good.

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Wasn't really sure where to drop this but decent listen --

6. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Must be nice to be so entitled

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

One good thing to perhaps come out of this is that MLF has to go to a different part of the playbook as he's working with a different QB and hopefully, more varied personnel packages. This could be a blessing in disguise.

SOJAZ likes this.
  8. JETFUEL1580

Yeah I know, I was mocking the "supporters"

94Abraham and Cman68 like this.
  9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Merged.
    any Merged Zach Thread will still be visible for another 24hrs.

10. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The people defending this are the people with the "intellectually superior" and "objective" posts according to @Noam:

And yes, I'm being petty, but only because you guys attacked me and claimed I don't watch the games for saying things 7 weeks ago that pretty much everyone is saying now. Go look at my posts after the Pittsburgh game - I said Zach was still missing open receivers and throwing dumb interceptions. You acted like those things magically didn't happen because we won the game.

SOJAZ, Fiftynine, Ralebird and 6 others like this.
  11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

It's pointless to show facts, you're fighting a winless battle
    The funny thing is if Zach Wilson was the bill's or dolphins fan, he would be the punchline for every joke by this fanbase

REVISion likes this.
  12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I'm with you...No worries, you ain't alone.
    I called it once he looked uncomfortable around all them black folk.... lmao... I kid of course.

All Gas No Shake and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree. Big move, all the way to the ownership, but the decision has to be made based on what’s best for the team….NOW.
    Let him sit and learn and grow some.

14. JETFUEL1580

That was about the same time I jumped ship on Zach. Watching him in that game for the most part was like watching his rookie year again. I realized I was setting myself up for failure by continuing to wave the pom-poms for this guy. I still wanted to be open minded somewhat, but even that became difficult. That press conference for me at the end of the game was the last straw for good. Fuck his rich entitled ass.

SOJAZ likes this.
  15. JETFUEL1580

This is hilarious

Much thanks LMAO

All Gas No Shake and Royal Tee like this.
  16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

and if anything it potentially buys them more time for the "Zach Wilson Project".
    If QB#2 sucks as well it's "see... its not all the QB" and they can go back to Zach with minimal objection, and lockerroom division...

BUT if QB2 plays well and they make the post season, then it's a win.

Worst case scenario is QB2 plays slightly better than Zach but still not good enough....

All Gas No Shake and Br4d like this.
  17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I know the WRs are upset but some big names on defense are defending him today:

"It's really not anything he has to do," defensive end Quinnen Williams said when asked if Wilson addressed his post game remarks with the team. "We know Zach's heart as a defense. He's a leader of our team. He's a great player, great person inside and out. We all have faith in Zach. We all love Zach, and we all are a part of this team. That’s one of our brothers, and we’re gonna stick by him through hell or high waters."

"We have all the confidence in the world in Zach Wilson," Carl Lawson added.

Offensive guard Laken Tomlinson echoed those remarks, saying the locker room as a whole has a "high" level of confidence in Wilson.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...e-amid-reports-of-rising-tensions/ar-AA14nq2b

18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

we do. we already seen it. people just have recency bias. change for the sake of change never makes sense. you don't bench herpes for aids because you are sick of herpes.
    again recency bias

I literally said he is the main problem with our offense. the issue is recency bias with fans. darnold, white, flacco, streveler are all still worse options. benching a turd for a bigger turd doesn't help anyone. we can't really fix this until the off season.

true but throwing all those awful picks really didn't have anything to do with any of that. if he was sacked a lot or had to throw a bunch away due to WRs not getting open or the o-line failing i get it. white had time and open people he just had 0 ability to throw more then 5 yards downfield without getting picked. we know what white is. captain checkdown only. he got lucky he caught the bengals by suprise with a good gameplan, that won't happen again.
    yeah IDK whats up but it seemed to me either MC was his 2nd read as in we are dumbing it down and doing 1 read then checkdown or zach panicked.

19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

The only reason I don't want flacco next week is because he may die behind our line.

I'm not really a White believe, but definitely would be open to give him a shot... But I think if we had a good line flacco would give us the best chance to win.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The dude is currently in Rick Mirer territory

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.