Zach Wilson (MERGED) - New Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Looks like it is happening Mack. Saleh non committal on Zach in his press conference.

Cman68 likes this.
  2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

LMAO that’s just an awful way to run a team. Let’s play QB carousel. Ridiculous. Trust, this team will NEVER develop a QB because of the media and fans. Honestly it will be better off to grab a veteran QB and go from there, now on.

3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Ok so I have to ask

the people cherry picking stats are the people making excuses for poor performances.

we’ve seen people wanting to remove throw aways to improve his completion rate for gods sake. We’ve seen people want to remove drops. We’ve seen blame leveled at the OL (some deservedly so). We’ve seen blame pointed at MLF despite the open receivers who Zach didn’t see.

so I’m trying to understand this narrative that the haters are cherry picking.

I think it’s the blind supporters who are cherry picking because the raw stats are not at all good. Dude is averaging g less than 150 yards per game. How is that reasonable in todays NFL? Dudes completion rate is in the mid 50% range. That’s worst in the league territory in todays NFL.

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

What are you actually laughing at. Are you suggesting that when a QB shows no improvement, has off practices, zero gumption and no accountability afterwards should be allowed to continue to start, unlike any other position, and continue to loose out the season. You take no accountability and you are not ready to start you get benched. This is not on the media nor the fans. He needs to grow a pair and accept his faith or improve.

#184 LAJet, Nov 21, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    SOJAZ, stinkyB and Cman68 like this.
  5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The QB isn't developing. It has nothing to do with media and fans.

The Jets are in the heat of a playoff race. Development takes a back seat to winning.

And while I said yesterday that you keep playing Zach in case there's a 5% chance he turns into the answer, the odds are probably even lower than that. Zach would need to really light it up down the stretch to go into 2023 as the primary guy. 2023 can be a Super Bowl run if we have a competent quarterback. And if that's what Zach needs to do to trust him as the guy next year, you make the best decision for 2022 and figure out 2023 later. And who knows, you can still do a Garoppolo/Wilson combo next year if you still believe in Wilson's long-term potential.

Nyjets4eva, AtlantaJet and LAJet like this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets need to make a move to stay in contention. If the move works out they will. If it doesn't they won't.

They're not going to make the playoffs this year with Zach Wilson playing QB.

Nyjets4eva, NY Jets68, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  7. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Just as importantly -

If they DO make the playoffs somehow, do you see Zach being able to string together a miracle run in the playoffs? Come on, this is clear as day. Mike White needs a 2-3 week shot, and if he's "meh" but they're still alive I think you go to Flacco at that point for one last ditch effort. Not a perfect scenario, but this is what drafting a terrible QB 2nd overall does.

8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Thank God finally, Wilson will be on the sidelines, thank God Saleh grew some nuts

SOJAZ and Cman68 like this.
  9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Looks like Saleh is preparing to make a move for the Bears game. And to be frank, it makes sense too. I was thinking to give Zach another shot, then replace mid game if he sucks, but that means he still practices with the ones all week, so it will be harder for his replacement to come in. Besides, there may not be a point to give another shot. We have seen 7 games already. If breakout performance was coming it would happen within first 7 games. Instead we got 2 good game manager performance (Miami, Buff), one average (Pits), considering it was the first game back, one below average (GB), one a lot below average (Denver), one awful (NE 1), and one historically bad (NE 2).

I am beginning to realize there may not be a point to give another shot and better have another QB practice with ones and have Zach sit and learn for a while. Basically what that means that evaluation is over and Zach is not the guy. Much like Becton, doesn't mean he is done, but certainly we can't count on him starting in 2023. I am not sure even if he starts next 7 games, the outcome will be any different. It just looks like Zach is not ready yet to be a QB on a good team this year. Given we are likely not going to be picking top 2 and it is too expensive to trade up there, we will probably end up with the veteran in the offseason, and Zach can complete with him in training camp next year. Really not unlike what happened to him in BYU.

Saleh said every QB they have is on the table to start on Sunday. Does that mean Streveler is a possibility?

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Not only that, but KY Jets Fan even did a deep dive on Zach's throwaways and showed that even if you adjusted Zach's completion % to reflect a league-average number of throwaways, it would still be among the worst in the NFL.

I cannot fathom how Noam thinks the Zach defenders are the people who have the "intellectually superior" and "objective" arguments. The only thing I can conclude is that these people have fundamental misunderstandings of statistics, sample sizes, etc. There's no other way to be this off-base.

You don't have to do anything to the stats for them to show Zach's been awful. You can simply take the entire sample size from his entire career (which is a large enough sample size to account for context). And again, the stats here perfectly match the eye test. He's looked awful when watching him play and the numbers also reflect that.

It's extra-hilarious because the defenders are the emotional ones here. We all wanted Zach to be good. Some of us were able to put our emotional wants aside and call it like it is. The people defending Zach are the ones clinging to the emotional hope of wanting him to be good when all the evidence says he hasn't been and probably won't be.

SOJAZ, KY Jets Fan, Ralebird and 4 others like this.
  11. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I couldn't get past the first sentence lol.

12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I thought it was a troll post, but I think he's serious!!!

Nyjets4eva and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

More punts than completions.

Jarring stat

Nyjets4eva and All Gas No Shake like this.
  14. JETFUEL1580

Has to be a relative.

Jets69 likes this.
  15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Oh no, they didn't just do that...

16. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This and they also need to make a change at QB to not alienate the rest of the guys on offense. It's clear to anyone with eyes that Zach is by far the thing that is most holding this team back. No one should be above being benched when they play at a league-worst level.

tomdeb likes this.
  17. JETFUEL1580

Wow...that's awful

But the team still has a winning record with Zach under center.

Jets79 likes this.
  18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Just keep the Purple Drank away!

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We don’t know for sure yet, but I’ll be damned surprised if it doesn’t happen.

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I wonder why he was so late. There is probably some shit flying in the locker room between the players and the coaches. Good to clear the air right away. This team is too good to let one guy sink it

NY Jets68 and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.