Zach Wilson (MERGED) - New Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

making a change for change sake is about the dumbest thing you can do. why don't I go play QB? we are still 5-2 with zach and 1-2 without him. it's still better to play the guy who is the worst starting QB in the NFL over the guy who doesn't belong in the NFL. If we had a better option then sure or even a similar one, but we don't. I get zach was awful yesterday, but we don't have a better option. we are 2-10 without zach over the past 2 years, 1-2 without zach this year. he sitll gives us the best chance for now and we can't do anything until the off season

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

An opinion that relies on continuing to call others who disagree "haters" while claiming intellectual superiority in analysis as the convergence of the eye test, statistics and most importantly, scores paints an entirely different picture lacks credibility.

Hate is not defined as the lack of faith and hope whether grounded in fantasy or reality.

SOJAZ and ouchy like this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i'm pretty sure he didn't throw 4 INTs like mike white did against the bills. so yeah he didn't win it, but he didn't cost us the game, white likely would have cost us the game like he did last time. Josh allen cost the bills the game. were in "sanchez 2009 mode" right now. we have a good team but lacking a QB so as long as the QB doens't fuck up, we have a chance to win. zach is least likely to fuck up a game. short of pulling fitzpatrick out of retirement we don't have any better option.

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I see It the other way...

We don't have a worse option right now.

Ralebird likes this.
  5. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

I would sign Tim Tebow at this point and play him instead of ZW.

6. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

It should be week to week starters from here on out. Mike White starts against Bears, if he does the same or worse than Zach, Streveler is the next man up in the next game. If Streveler fails, activate and start Flacco. If Flacco fails, Zach can try again.

7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Did they cancel It? I'm confused.

8. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I wonder what the delay is. Maybe a QB switch or Magic Joe pulling a QB out of thin air.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  9. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Delaying putting off the flaming he's going to take...

10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

What does is take for you to realize that he is a problem. It seems to me we had three other QBs last year that ran the same O and it looked like an NFL O, not peewee level. I was on the fence with this guy but not anymore, he is not the solution but yje ptoblem. Frankly, as bad a SAM was, at least he could throw 5=10 yards completions

11. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

Saleh over an hour late for the Monday presser. Something is up

REVISion likes this.
  12. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

white mike played terribly in that game but that was hardly the same bills defense. Last week, the bills didn’t have either of the all pro safeties, their pro bowl linebacker, or their all pro corner.

on top of that, the jets offensive weapons this year are way better than they were last year.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I was with you u til this last game. I’m done with him. He showed nothing, mostly by his complete lack of mental fortitude, immaturity and inability to make the simplest of throws. But above all, and this really galls me, he showed zero accountability for his dismal performance. What he said is simply pathetic and disrespectful to a D that played lights out while he single handedly destroyed the game. He is done. He is not a leader. He needs to be benched now, or Saleh will lose the locker room and all his motivation won’t mean two shits to any one anymore.
    Time to look for a QB for this great team otherwise.

#173 LAJet, Nov 21, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
  14. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

How in the hell do you know what he meant? I mean talk about an apologist. How about maybe just maybe the CS knows what they have - meaning he is not starting caliber - and they are as hamstrung by his inept play in practice which translates to Sunday's. Remember, you play like you practice.

I'll add, that the players seem to disagree with your supposition.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I would add that the HC and OCS need to be humbled buy JD...this is on him also.

16. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Zack needs to go.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Saleh 90 minutes late and counting for his meeting with the media. Highly unusual for him. God help us maybe he's making a QB change. Lets hope

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  18. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

It was reported by the Kay Show that he's now LATE to todays Monday presser as well the spot on Kay's show... will be on K @ 5:30

19. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

After thinking about it some more, I don't really care one way or the other who starts this week. I still think Wilson has potential, but I don't see it getting tapped anytime soon, and I don't really see Zach taking a big enough step forward this year where we really trust him going forward.

If Saleh is worried about the locker room losing faith in Zach, then I'm totally fine making the move to go to White.

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Which is so insane b/c Moore would theoretically be his second read as he progresses to the check down. He just straight up skips over him. That throw to Carter was still so f'ing late. If he hit Carter as hes running into the flat it allows him to put a move on a defender 1v1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.