Zach Wilson (MERGED) - New Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Thats the crazy part they are worried about the kids feelings not the playoffs? What the hell is wrong with this organization. Forget about getting in the playoffs how about the superbowl? How many times have you seen teams with elite defenses in sports make the playoffs run hot and win the championship? Look at the Ravens with Trent Dilfer, if the Ravens can do it why can't we do it with Mark White? Zack Wilson being so incompetent and not wanting to hurt his feelings and not admitting he is a "bust" might cost us the superbowl this year! Lets worry about this year fuck next year!

SOJAZ, Cman68 and rockyusmc2003 like this.
  2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It’s very strange. I’m not so sure we would be 8-2 with anyone else, because the rest of the team stepped up their game when he returned. Yet, he is not good

3. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I'd be good with Mark or Mike White at this point :p

4. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Well, I'm going to fall on my sword and say I was wrong about ZW. He is a bust. How the hell does he not take accountability for the shit show he put on yesterday. What a difference with Josh Allen who fell on his sword countless times. As Rich Eisen stated your not in Utah anymore. Throwing 50 yard passes two WR with no CB within 20 yards is not going to happen in the NFL. The coach better sit him down for the sake of the team.

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That's the part that's stings. Zach could have played like total shit today and get only 100 yards and we would win and be at the top of the division right now. Yet he couldn't get 100 yards. On the last offensive play, Moore was wide ass open in front of him. Heck he complete this one pass, and Moore not only gets 1st down, but possibly a decent chunk enough to win with a couple of more runs. I thought this was a pivotal game for Zach, and he was due to break out. Unfortunately he broke out in the wrong direction and hit a new low.

Also, as his fan and supporter, I felt like he let me, a fan, down after a game like this. Not to mention Jets defense, who put up epic performance. And yet not to take responsibility for this and say he did not let defense down to me was asinine and certainly disappointing.

6. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Ditto, I was on the Wilson train too. I thought his attitude would merge good with the NY media, but this kids really doesn't have a clue.

SOJAZ and papapump like this.
  7. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

zack Wilson=Johnny Manziel without the partying and Cocaine. Just another spoiled rich kid with all the talent in the world who doesn't fight for everything they got and its always someone elses fault never their fault.

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I think people are overlooking Zach's considerable talent at shocking defensive players with balls thrown right at them, forcing them to drop easy ints.

Its a high level ball security skill.

Jets79, SOJAZ and 94Abraham like this.
  9. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I've just watched the game and I can't believe how awful Zach was. An absolutely brutal display that threw away a brilliant defensive effort. What an absolute joke. I'm back to where I was after the last Patriots game... he just doesn't look like he has it.

SOJAZ, IIMeanDeanII and Borat like this.
  10. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I'm basically in lockstep with you on the theory behind what's happening and what needs to be done going forward, except for the idea that Zach should keep playing, and I think the disconnect happens based on the bold above.

I think objectively that sh*t is over, but we just can't accept it yet because we're so traumatized by simply being fans of this organization for decades. This team has an elite defense with multiple super young and talented cornerstone pieces. This team has young offensive weapons the likes of which we haven't seen in some time, and they're putting great film together with an OC that's been constantly scheming them open.

The rebuild is over. This team is ahead of schedule. They are either very close to meeting, or has already met, my personal hope for them of becoming a team like the 49ers that is a legit contender on both sides of the ball, but a QB away. I honestly believe that, even though it still sounds strange thinking the words in my head or typing them out. The Jets franchise is on solid footing, even with the QB position being a rotting, fetid mess. To me, the only goal at this point is to save the rest of the healthy and thriving roster before the QB problem has a chance to do additional, preventable damage.

They're ready to move on from Zach at this point in the season, but more importantly they're ABLE to do so because this is no longer a rebuild. This is a good team. This is a team that doesn't need a FQB to drag them out of the mud anymore.

SOJAZ and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I do want to bring this up because I think it’s a bit exaggerated - the Jets have a good roster, they don’t have a great roster. I’ve seen it being said about winning SB’s with a competent game manager.

That’s unbelievably unrealistic. It is a playoff roster though.

SOJAZ, apjbfc, MoWilkBeast and 3 others like this.
  12. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about HC's that have gone down because they irrationally attach themselves to a failing QB and then thinking of others who don't make this mistake.

Rex: irrationally attached himself to Sanchez
    Handley: to Hostetler
    Anthony Lynn: publicly stuck with Tyrod even after obvious skill of Herbert

Here's a couple who don't stick irrationally:

BB: obviously this year and its returns have been great
    Tomlin: tried a rookie at halftime and he's been playing since

I'm sure there are many others.

The point here is I hope Saleh goes the BB/Tomlin way and not the way of guys who will most likely never get another HC job again.

Jets79 and Since1969 like this.
  13. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

But he still has a winning record as the starting QB this season lol

14. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Just remember that based on their track record, Tomlin and Belichick have the gravitas to yank a QB without any interference from ownership or the front office. I'm not convinced Saleh has the same leeway.

cmcm750203 and IDFjet like this.
  15. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Great point!

16. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Zach needs to be benched because he needs to feel what’s it’s like to be a failure. Failure can forge certain people, or it can crush them. what he showed today after the game is he’s not a leader yet. But most of all he’s showing that he isn’t putting work in. He’s not. Nobody who throws such awful passes with such lazy mechanics is putting the work in, not when most of their passes are inaccurate. Sure I’ve seen Mahomes throw a lazy off target pass once in a while, but 99% of his other passes are dead on point. Zach doesn’t have that luxury. If he’s struggling on the mental part of understanding the plays then at least be fucking damn sure your mechanics are on point. Yet time and time again he’s just lazy with them. His players see it, you see their reaction when he’s sailing bad passes for no reason. It’s just lazy and a clear indicator that Zach doesn’t get it. He’s not putting in the work. He has a stellar receiver corp, a great TE corp, and his OL for all their injuries is STILL playing at a high level. Zach needs to be humiliated into reality because reality is he’s playing terribly In all facets. He’s not tough at all and he’s not a leader.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Zach is fine. Everyone calm down. Not sure why he lets Belichick get in his head though. Another terrible performance against the Patriots.

I truly believe the game plan was "Zach, don't make a mistake. We think they will make one before us and we will win." And Zach did that (with 2 lucky INT drops) So when asked that question, I think he said "No" meaning I did what I was told. I walked off the field in a 3-3 game likely headed to Overtime. That is all he meant, but it got blown out of proportion.

Zach's last 5 games were the Packers D, Broncos D, Bills D and the Patriots D twice with 3 of them being on the road. Not sure it is fair to properly evaluate him with every week being as difficult as it gets in the NFL.

18. Snatch Catch

Sauce, too, it appears...

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Uhm. How is that fine?

Not sure if you have scrolled through any of these channels, but this 22 is probably the worst one some of us have ever seen. He's f'ing lost dude. He isn't fine.

20. Snatch Catch

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.