2022 - Week 12: New York Jets vs Chicago Bears

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Nov 27, 2022.
  1. Jets

69.6%
  2. Bears

30.4%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

We are 6-4 and hosting the Bears.

Fields versus Zach

Hope we picked the right one there.

Patriot likes this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I would be shocked if fields plays.

Posted this in Vegas thread —

They are 3-8 and have no reason to rush him back. They have a week 14 bye and may just rest him up until then to make that pick worth more. We could very well see Trevor Simeon this weekend.

ouchy likes this.
  3. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Shit. That coinflip kid in August has us losing this game! :(

4. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

I’m going to this game with my cousins. One is a Bears fan. We better win. That’s all I got.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  5. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Is there wind in Chicago?

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Dammitt... they're fuct!

7. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Is Fields playing?

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah but it's a dry wind.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Game is in Jersey..

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets should win, but that coin guy knows what he is talking about! Now it's a toss up for me! :D

11. Cman68

Now with zero pressure, Zach Wilson will have a decent day against a sub par defense and all we'll hear is the hosannahs about what a fantastic talent he is. Saleh will get on the podium and throw flowers at Zach and then Zach will get up there with his usual smug, entitled look on his face and break down how well the offense played.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

It’s sink or swim time for Zach, for just the second time this year he is going up against a bad defense. He needs a big game.

13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

You are correct but don’t think for a minute the Jets aren’t already preparing a list of QBs to bring in this offseason and I’m talking FAs/trade not necessarily the draft.

2023 is looking fantastic with a healthy Breece, OL, another good draft with another defensive playmaker or two. The missing piece would be fixing the QB dilemma one way or the other.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I don't know if I necessarily agree with the zero pressure. That guy throws one errant pass the entire stadium is going to go crazy on him.

Line went from -4 to -5.5 over 7 hour span. I doubt he plays. There is no way that much money was bet on the Jets to move the line 1.5 points in 7 hours.

15. Cman68

Yes.. there is blood in the water.. Mostly Zach's blood and the JetSharks are circling and schooling up for a feeding frenzy. Not sure how bad it will be but if its typical Zach Wilson on the field? Its gonna get really really ugly. Not sure if the Golden Boy ever has really heard the kind and type of venom that folks from our part of the country are capable of dishing out. If he's fragile? its gonna show up PDQ. Saleh won't be able to save or spare him either..

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

What most people don't realize is that this is the year. This is completely rebuilt, with tons of draft and cap money invested. It may be as good as it gets.

Our offesnive line is probably losing Fant, McGovern, and may have to release Tomilson. On defense its the last year for Huff, Rankins, Thomas, Quincy Williams, Kwon Alexander, and LeMarcus Joiner. Resigning most of these guys will be more expensive than they originally signed for. Quinnen needs a big contract. We'll have to decide if we want to keep Mosley and Lawson with their large contracts. Our kicker and punter are in their last year. We also have WRs who cant wait to leave and as good as Garrett is, he disappears in man coverage, and we still need a true #1.

This is the year and we need to salvage it.

17. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Sorry but that is bullshit.
    The team is young and have elite talent at key position. They have shown to have a decent offensive line even without AVT. The Jets still have Clemons and JJ that are improving by the week and they have draft capital.

As for GW he is the best we have seen as a rookie WR since I can remember. They are not at their peak yet.

18. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

When do we get Corey Davis back?

19. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

According to the coin flip, we are going to lose this game.

20. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Jets window is currently opening and good for at least 3 years not to include whatever new talent is added. Some of those players will be resigned and some of them aren’t really the core talent. Moseley’s replacement should be drafted. Both McGovern and Fant can be released as the Jets should be able to find a better and younger center in the draft. Fant is most likely replaceable he is injury prone and 30 years old. Hell the OL was going fine without him until the other injuries began to mount up.

And that’s not to say the Jets are finished for 2022. Not at all. Yes, yesterday was a huge disappointment but all the Jets have to do is find a way to get into the playoffs. Anything can happen in the postseason there is no true #1 seed in my opinion although road games in Buffalo or KC would certainly be daunting. Perhaps one or both of those teams are upset in an early round. You never know….

But JD and the front office with a little tinkering this coming offseason are in a very good spot.

KY Jets Fan likes this.