Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Here Is my thing.. Zach Wilson Is clearly wilting to the pressure of It all, to be that unaware of the situation, zero accountability, acting like It's not his fault.. Is crazy.

Now.. You have all of your receivers passively calling his ass out at this point. I think Moore knows that Wilson Is trash, I think all these receivers know It at this point by the body language and comments being made.

This situation Is a make or break deal.. I hope that JD and Co handle this all the right way because If not, we might lose a legit GM and HC because of It.

That scares me. Especially losing Joe Douglas. Dude has been awesome for this team.

stinkyB, Borat, chandler and 2 others like this.
  2. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Every time SOJAZ, Ouchy and I questioned drafting Zach the prospect, the resounding rebuke was 'CHRIS SIMMS LOVES HIM!!!!!

What the hell does Chris Simms know? I hope he watched today's game.

3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Compare that to Josh Allen who ran for 2 TDS against the jets but then took total responsibility for the loss. That's what leaders of men do.

Inigo Montoya and HomeoftheJets like this.
  4. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

I wanted Justin Fields. Legler and few of us wanted no part of Wilson

5. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Zach has got to be benched. I hope Saleh has the guts to do it. This is his time to make the hard decision and not put it off because the D has bailed this team out and W's have disguised the Truth. He has to earn his stripes RIGHT now.

Zach has no confidence, his mechanics are totally screwed up, and now he does not man up on the leadership issue.

I was wrong, wrong, wrong. I was huge on Zach for a long time. Now it is beyond obvious he is busting big. IF he is to be even an average NFL QB, he needs to rebuild himself from the ground up by watching the rest of this season and hopefully making whatever off season strides he is capable of making.

Just because he was a #2 overall pick, that does not exempt him from being judged as any other player would be judged in terms of whether or not they belong on the field. No free passes in this league. There is no way he will lead us into the playoffs.

My two cents is that White might be better than Zach, but he is clearly not the answer. I do not know what transpires in practices, but if Streveler practices anything like the pre-season Streveler played then I would give him a shot.

We need to find a serviceable or better QB in the off-season either through draft or by signing somebody. Jackson would be a pipe dream for this team, but why not ?????

tomdeb likes this.
  6. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Well hindsight is 20/20 that was the early mock for the Jets.

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.
  7. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Justin Hardee's out there shouldering the blame for the botched special team's coverage on the punt return td to end the game. But, Wilson can't own up to his piss poor play and can only blame the wind.

stinkyB, tomdeb, chandler and 5 others like this.
  8. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

Why not give White or Strev a shot? Literally can’t be worse

tomdeb and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  9. JETFUEL1580

I meant "at"

Yeah I started a thread on Zach Wilson takin the next step in preseason, and was quoted as saying he put on weight as well. This is the future of our franchise, and anyone who has a retort save it. Can we all agree that we should and have to move on? Forget Justin Fields that's gone. What are we gonna do when Breece Hall comes back. This performance was abysmal. Zach Wilson can't be a starter in this league, period, point blank. Mike White isn't the answer either. How is it that the Bills who went through a horrible playoff drought, and the Dolphins seem to have figured this QB situation out. Yet this organization doesn't have fucking clue? is it the coach or coaching staff. This is fucking exhausting.

With that said Happy Thanksgiving and of course our team is fraudulent, and no it's not the defense. This team doesn't deserve to make the playoffs. Literally not worthy.

#2369 JETFUEL1580, Nov 21, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
  10. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I wanted to be patient with Zack, but the handwriting is on the wall. I hope JD has the temerity to admit this was a bad pick and make a change before he wastes our other talent.

tomdeb likes this.
  11. JETFUEL1580

Agreed

Will-I-Am-Not likes this.
  12. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

When the Patriots let Brady go, some stupid folks thought that Cam Newton was a better answer. Some of those people were here on this board and some were stupid Pat's fans.

Not that I am a football genius, but I said back then QBs like Brady just don't grow on trees.

Mac Jones is not the answer either in New England. I am not totally convinced that Justin Fields is the answer. How long do you think he will last?

Picking a QB is not that easy and hopefully one of these days the Jets will find the right guy.

13. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

You are absolutely correct, Zach has never been held accountable in his entire life probably.

14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

LMFAO...HEY.. PSSST

THE OTHER QB was 10 for 10 at one point in the same wind!!!

It's amazing to me the amount of excuses rn... Some of you sound like petulant children with the amount of absolute denial.
    Yet AGAIN, here we are w/ People stating all the shit except what's literally happening on the screen.
    This is a totally new phenomenon w/today's culture.

Facts are right TF in front of you but nah, that didn't happen...
    Seriously...

15. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

It's over for Wilson. It would be a complete anomaly for him to ever become a good QB with how bad he's been so far in his career. How he plays the rest of the season is irrelevant, there's just too much poor play to overcome at this point.

I just hope our front office realizes this and doesn't convince themselves to give him a third year. It's time to draft another QB.

Shout out to all the clowns who tried to act like people didn't watch the games for saying this was the most likely outcome weeks ago. Might be time to reassess how you all watch games, and why you whiffed when both the eye test and the stats told the same tale.

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential, command."

REVISion likes this.
  17. JETFUEL1580

Eye test some, certain individuals thought Wilson was almost the same size and strength as Fields. Look I backed the kid and wanted to believe in him, but the proof was very early when I checked out. Certain posters wanted to believe otherwise. 6 pounds yeah.

Royal Tee likes this.
  18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

No no no...but he's himm....and and...he's got that Dawg in him...and and... This QB is a fukin Clown.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  19. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Geez man, I couldn't agree more. I'm praying that they make the right choice, and quick, because I have so much confidence in the general direction that Joe Douglas has taken this franchise. Continuing to back Zach at this point would be a fireable offense, and I want no part of a regime change when there is so much positivity coursing through this roster.

But then again, if JD really thinks Zach should helm this roster that is playoff worthy, is he as awesome a GM as I think he is?

20. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

The crazy part to me is that when some people were dying to lose games and the Jets stacked up meaningless wins to cost themselves the #1 overall pick, the response was that "this can't always be about development, we need to actually start winning games".

Yet here we are two years later, in a dogfight November game with 1st place in the division on the line, and we're now more concerned with development rather than actually winning the game?

RevisIsland18 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.