Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I’d agree with you most of the time, but given Zach’s prick attitude after these last 2 NE games, I wonder if it would have an adverse effect on him.

2. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

He is not competent at the basics. When your rookie WR is calling this out they have to pay attention. That’s why what Saleh said at the PC is not going to fly. They are going to have to make a decision really soon, Maybe Zach gets another week. Big maybe

tomdeb, BleedJetsGreen1981 and IDFjet like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'll admit that Zach was a central part of the problem today. If for no other reason that a guy who is supposed to be their FQB couldn't overcome the other issues.

That said, there were a lot of issues to overcome, beginning with the play calling, followed closely by the OL. Where were the quick pass plays? Why not have more plays involving Zach running the ball? Comparing the play calls by NE vs the Jets, it seemed like Jones had more open receivers. Was that due to short quick routes, or better route running? More veteran receivers? IDK. Jones certainly took advantage of it though. I posted before that game that anyone who would discount Jones's ability to throw in windy conditions would likely be surprised. OTOH Zach's arm strength didn't help him, nor did his different arm angles for the most part.

All I can say is that most people wrote Zach off after the last Pats game and then he came out against Buffalo and did a 180. I'm not going to predict anything at this point except I wouldn't write him off just yet. And the other thing I can say is that there were a lot of mistakes made by the offense and they have a lot of work to do to fix them.

4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

That was eye-opening hearing Garrett talk about a lack of accountability by the coaches with someone on the offense who isn't demonstrating detailed knowledge on the practice field. It's got to be this little bitch ZW.

tomdeb, Wut? and blackssmagic like this.
  5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am more dissapointed in Wilson’s post game reaction than in his play today and his play was pretty awful. He needs to do a lot of apologizing this week.

tomdeb and JetBlue like this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

7. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Well, Zach must think it's all Denzel Mimms' fault. Did you see the theatrics he put on when Mimms dropped that pass?

blackssmagic likes this.
  8. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

zach is the worst qb in the nfl. he has shown me absolutely nothing in any form to give me hope. he can't do anything, short passes, easy plays he makes hard. his pocket awareness is terrible, he plays scared, and he's not coachable. now it's just a matter of him loosing and possibly destroying the locker room. these guys know how talented they are and one player is holding them back.

tomdeb likes this.
  9. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

What did ZW do?

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Fucking pitiful, man... :confused:

He (Zach) led the Jets offense to six total first downs (just the sixth time in franchise history they have had six or fewer), 103 yards (the fourth-lowest in franchise history), and 3 of 14 (21 percent) on third down. They had just two yards in the second half (the fewest of any team in any half this year). Not once did they get into the red zone.

rockyusmc2003 likes this.
  11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's not just media slobs. He has to face his teammates and that is going to be 100x worse than anything the media says.

Acad23 likes this.
  12. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

The bottom line is Zach Wilson does not appear to possess any of the qualities you’d expect to see in an NFL quarterback. Who cares that he can throw it sidearm. He’s overmatched, and appears clueless. The most glaring deficiency is his inability to hit the gimme throws. I don’t believe that can be fixed. It’s generally easy to spot the difference between a young QB going through early career growing pains but showing potential, and guy who will never amount to anything because he doesn’t have the physical or mental makeup to play at this level. It’s completely obvious we’re looking at the latter in the case of Zach Wilson.

13. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

He's gonna lose the locker faster with his attitude than his play

Noam likes this.
  14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

There are never quick pass plays with Zach because Zach doesn't throw it quickly. It's not all LaFleur. LaFleur isn't blameless, but if he calls a play, and Zach doesn't throw the ball, then it looks like LaFleur is calling plays that take forever to develop.

When Flacco and White have played, we throw a ton of quick passes. It's not that MLF causes a ton more quick passes when they are playing. It's that they will actually throw it.

The other problem with this post is that we talk about Buffalo as a "180." Zach was fine in that game. He was 18-25 for 154 yds and 0 TD and 0 Int. That is an absurdly low bar. Zach hasn't really a very good game in his career. He's had a couple very good drives, or very good quarters. But he doesn't put 4 quarters together.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah... I was framing it from the outside in.

It certainly looks like team unity is starting to crack.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  16. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I agree things will probably look completely different after next week's game. But here's the thing about the Bills game and any "good Zach Wilson" game they're usually not THAT good on his part. In 7 games he's thrown for less than 150 in 4. We're just happy when he doesn't turn the ball over and we get the win but never, or very rarely, excited by his play

blackssmagic likes this.
  17. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

Exactly the reason why Saleh’s hand will be forced. Only a matter of time. Maybe another week

White was moved ahead of Flacco for a reason, He will get his chance

18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Good chunk of those yards came on that underthrown pass Mims luckily caught

IDFjet likes this.
  19. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

A good game for ZW is one in which he doesn’t get in the way of his teammates winning the game.

tomdeb likes this.
  20. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

To put things in perspective - Sam wasn't good and got run out of this city, but he was head and shoulders above Zach at the same point in their careers.

The locker room could get ugly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.