Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

And now GW is frustrated too.

Wilson is too scared to pull the trigger on a majority of his dropbacks. Then when he does see something, it's too late (look at his 4th quarter throw to Carter for example). Physical talent is there, but just like Sanchez, he lacks something mentally.

2. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

This ... exactly. That's the bottom line, after 20 games you know what you have. And what you have is a bottom feeder QB with arm talent and not much else. You'd like to see him make a leap over that time period but, instead, he's made 0% improvement. That pretty much means we're dealing with a bust and hanging on to a bust for too long is how everyone gets fired. believe it or not, I actually don't want either the front office or the coach to get fired. They still have time to save this season and keep their jobs...

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I dare MLF to ice GW. We know he's a vindictive prick so lets see how he reacts to this. Zach's hall pass is about to expire no matter how much coddling Saleh and LeFleur provide. The Team knows how good they are and who's holding them back. #2 pick or not, Zach has to be benched.

Time for some in house coaching from the roster. Someone needs to get in Zach's face and tell him what the fuck the deal is. Since the CS doesn't have the balls to do it, it should be up to the roster. Enough babying this kid. Time for him to understand what's at stake and why folks show up on Sundays to play this game.

fggrimes, Nyjets4eva and JackBower like this.
  4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

If there was a choice, I'd take Sanchez any day. He could occasionally ball out and show flashes of why he was drafted so high. He played well in the playoffs, very well at times, and could provide the minimally competent QB play to get this team there.

fggrimes likes this.
  5. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

It kills me to say this, but, if Flacco started today, we win.

Jetsin2029, Pepsiguy5 and jets_fan like this.
  6. jets_fan

They could have picked a guy off the street, kind of like the QB version of Jeff Saturday, and won the game.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I know @Cman65 has a couple deep outs left in his arm. He might’ve won us the game today.

Pepsiguy5 and Cman68 like this.
  8. Cman68

Vinny or Chad could have won this game.

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He hasn't lit up a defense ever, so I doubt it will happen next week. But he might play just well enough for us to win (think 1 TD, 1 INT, and a passer rating in the 80s), which will give whoever's in charge the excuse to keep starting him.

10. Cman68

Don't make me say it JV... I think Petty would have had a better game (not serious)... LMAO!!

11. rockyusmc2003

If he does, MLF gotta go too. His play calling hasn't exactly been the recipe for sustained success. Still waiting for him to figure out what to run on short yardage. That said, when your quarterback can't even hit a screen, I suppose it limits your options.

I hate how Moore handled the situation, but it's becoming apparent what the issue is.

12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Zach might still be the quarterback of the future but he is clearly not the quarterback of the present.

At a minimum he should sit for next week's game against the Bears while he works with the coaches to figure things out.

Some people seem to think that benching him is giving up on him but that does not have to be the case.

Nyjets4eva and Cman68 like this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

The only acceptable answer is, "I played terribly and let everyone down. But I'll continue working my ass off to get better and support the guys no matter what happens."

14. jets_fan

We saw last year when the trio of Mike White, Joe Flacco, and Josh Johnson all were able to get this offense moving consistently. With those guys, LaFleur looked like a competent play caller. Only one QB on the roster over the past two years has proven incapable of moving the offense.

15. rockyusmc2003

[​IMG]
    Zach Wilson talking about 2022.

Pepsiguy5 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez was protected in 2009 and 2010 by an outstanding OL with one minimally weaker pass protector in Alan Faneca and then Matt Slauson at LG. He had a great running game with Faneca being among the best interior run-blockers in the NFL. He was never asked to carry the team on his back during those two seasons. Then in 2011 RT Damien Woody retired and was replaced by Wayne Hunter who was a turnstile in pass protection and this alongside Slauson's lesser pass protect skills made him more of a target of blitzers. The Jets asked him to step up the passing game that year also and basically he got hurt (fractured and bruised ribs) mid-season and the Jet's playoff chances collapsed.

He was a mirage but he was a mirage on a very talented team designed to support him and for two and a half seasons it worked out for us.

Nothing that Zach Wilson has done has approached what Sanchez did once the Jets setup the bubble for him and asked him just to manage the game.

jets_fan likes this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

And it isn't like White, Flacco, or Johnson are any good. Give LaFleur a good QB, and the offense will good enough to win anything.

18. jets_fan

I don't disagree.

I do think, though, that even a mirage would be better than what we have right now.

Br4d likes this.
  19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I think most of us this year really only asked for us to have an answer regarding if we had the QB.

Unless we see a historic turnaround I think we have our answer and we will see a vet QB in here next year. What would be worse is if he has a good 3-4 games at end the year and we are back in no man's land with QB. It would probably effect who the jets bring in.

20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

It was a bad day to buy a Zach Wiison jersey.

Dierking and Pepsiguy5 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.