Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Is it true we only had 2 yards of O the 2nd half? 2? Please tell me that is wrong... I didn't see the game but did read a few posts in the game thread and it seems our wonderboy is exactly what his stats say he is.... Is it truehe missed - again - WO WR and TE, failed to chek down in time? If so he needs to be bench amd next man up... time to make a change.

2. Jaybranch23

Jaybranch23 Active Member

We saw what we have in Zach Wilson and it’s not good. Honestly - the evaluation is pretty much over. The guy sucks. Even when he has a good game - it’s nothing special. The highlight of his career is a comeback against one of the worst teams in football (the Steelers) or a game he was just average in (last year vs Tampa.). It shouldn’t be this hard to find some positives if he was gong to be anything.

I mean - we have nothing else at QB - so he’ll continue to play - but I’m not expecting anything.

3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the excuse brigade to show up and try to convince everyone that Zach would've had a great game if you simply throw out all of his incompletions, would-be interceptions, and add 200 yards and 3 TD's to his totals.

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

He was god awful. Mlf pretty much tried to duplicate his losing game plan from the last ne game, but Wilson was just brutal .

Vida, Cman68 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  5. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

BS your running backs are the best room and have the best skill players atm. you game plan around them How about screen passes to them or trying to get some blockers outside in front of them on outside runs or passes...... This oline is bad, they could not run or pass block today

6. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

It's quite clear that, at this point, Zach is the worst player on this team.

Vida likes this.
  7. Jaybranch23

Jaybranch23 Active Member

He wasn’t hitting swing passes! The guy was completely useless today - a one man wrecking crew. He was the patriot’s mvp today

8. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

One of the things that was striking me while watching this is that Mac Jones is shoveling away against the tide there all day with 40% of the nominal athletic ability that Zach Wilson has and getting about 3x the results.

Gun to my head I think I'd rather have Mac. 100% if we base it on just what we've seen so far in their careers.

9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

There were 2 camps on Sanchez
    There were 2 camps on Geno
    There were 2 camps on Darnold

I cannot imagine that there is a Jet fan alive that thinks we should move forward with Zach.
    Need to sign a mid tier QB free agent to continue the progress, and try to find again the QB of the future.

Vida, hobgoblin, Nyjets4eva and 4 others like this.
  10. rammagen

LOL I can think of the Jets oline being the Pats MVP, after that MLF then Zach

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

All gas, no breaks, he’s a damn flat tire

Vida and Jets79 like this.
  12. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

I don't know if he's the worst - but he's certainly untouchable, and that is killing this team.

I can't think of a single Hall of Fame QB from the past 20-30 years that didn't get benched when having a bad game. Zach Wilson must be better than all of them combined, because he's the definition of Teflon when it comes to accountability for bad play.

No joke, during the postgame on SNY he was placing some of the blame on the winds. Mac Jones might have been getting swamped and running for his life all game, but he certainly wasn't having any issues throwing in the wind when he had the time.

Vida, papapump, Br4d and 3 others like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

For all of the talk of the wind too, noodle-armed Mac Jones seemed to be winging the ball around just fine.

Leicester Jet, Cman68, Jets79 and 5 others like this.
  14. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

You’d be surprised. There are a bunch of people out there still defending Zach…..probably because they spent a lot of money on his jersey, lol.

15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Connor - "The defense held them to 3 points today, do you feel like you guys let the defense down today?"

Zach Wilson - "No.... no...."

Fucking clueless.

16. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

The difference is obvious. Zach simply cannot throw short passes. Yes, the easy passes, he most of the time always misplace them.

Vida, MoWilkBeast and rammagen like this.
  17. rammagen

My whole thing is when Sanchez was here the team was really good, Geno was just and still is a mystery at the age of 32, Sam had to go. With Zach this oline and the staff are killing him. Dont get me wrong he has not shown enough for us to pass on a good qb in the draft but being honest this team needs 3 new oline man. This was before the injuries. The game starts and ends in teh trenches. A good online can make a bad qb look average an average qb look good. But the same is true in reverse they can take an average qb and make him look bad. Sanchez is the perfect example of that.

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Probably wants to give him one more chance? But honestly, another game like this, and White is coming either way.

19. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Still wish we had Sam and Kyle Pitts honestly.

But I'd settle for the fifty 49er draft picks instead of Pitts if we could go back in time.

20. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

It's all the Offensive coordinator's fault and the offensive lines fault, same story every week, it's time to cut our loses, they tried to get a QB and failed drastically, time to move on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.