Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He left a lot of yards on the field this time, and I don't expect QB to take all of them, but even INTs aside, he should have made more plays. There is A LOT to learn from this game. I think he developed a bad habit leaving the pocket too early, because interior, which was supposed to be top notch, has been bad with Laken playing like GVR and AVT moving out., while Tackles are losing all the time. Herbig, amazingly is actually better than Laken, but this is not saying much, he is bad too compared to other NFL starters. Still, they are not as bad as he makes them out to be. These bad habits unfortunately are hard to get rid of. Really looking forward how he rebounds against the Bills. Not the best team to rebound on, but he needs to at the very least clean up INTs and make higher % of available plays than he did last week.

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I am usually not a conspiracy theorist but why was the flag not thrown right away, but only after pick has occurred and it looked like we were going for 6? Ref initially was going to let it go, but then saw impact of the play and decided to change his mind? That one play was 10 points, and could have been 14. Initially not called, but when ref realized it was huge, was called. Yes, could have won the game after that, but refs robbed us here too, it looked like they did so intentionally.

Jets79 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think the flag was thrown when it happened. The delay came from CBS' broadcast

It was a weak call though

4. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I'm sure this has been said before, but i'll throw my 2 cents in. Zach looks good when he stands in the pocket. Obviously, he's bailing way too early....so....hear me out....

If the coaches put a dog shock collar on Zach during practice, and everytime he bails the pocket early or when there is no pressure, they shock the shit out of him.

If it works to train dogs, why wouldn't it work on him?

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

According to the folks that watched all 22 (Sabo and someone else said it), it was not initially thrown, but only when picked and looked like a pick 6.

cval likes this.
  6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The Sabo and Chrebet Podcast has a different all 22 view of the RFP play. It shows the Ref waiting to throw the flag until after the INT and it shows JFM pullling up on the play and barely hitting Jones. Sabo goes off on what a horrible call it was. The hit looks so much less on the All 22.

#1506 Noam, Nov 3, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  7. BrowningNagle

Sabo is a clown

8. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I agree, pressure especially interior pressure develops bad habits. Zach played much different the last 7 games of last year, using his legs to attack, not running backwards, stepping up and showing better presence. Although the Buffalo game after enough hits he was getting happy feet. Chrebet said Zach has developed a bad case of happy feet the last few games.

Zach acknowledged talked about the problem of running backwards vs attacking and running forwards after the NE game. He is aware of the issue. I question whether there is much he can do to fix it against Buffalo as they will likely bring heavy pressure. My guess is he will look to regroup and be a better Zach after the bye. I expect small changes against Buffalo with an emphasis on not making big mistakes and getting the ball out fast similar to the plan the last game against Buffalo. I would argue he is pretty close to making a big jump in play but the last 3 games he is even closer to completely unraveling. I would hope against Buffalo he can stop the bleeding and give himself something to build upon for the break.

#1508 Noam, Nov 3, 2022
  9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Mac (smartly) embellished it. JFM barely hit him, and though JFM is a big guy, Mac is still a 210lb man who barely touched. He is no feather. Yet, when he felt the contact he was immediately airborne as if this is a UFC type faceplant KO. This is a common technique in soccer. Usually the players dive when they are barely touched to draw a penalty kick, which is extremely costly in soccer. Refs are usually paying attention to these dives, but still get it wrong sometimes. In this case it looked like refs got it right, but when they saw it was impactful play, they threw the flag. Feels rigged.

cval and Noam like this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Does that mean we should ignore his alt 22 footage?

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We need to collectively get over this idea that ZW played well after returning from injury last year.

The numbers: Att 202 Comp 109 Pct 54.0 Yds 1166 YPA 5.7 TD 5 Int 2 Sks 25 SkYds 210 AdjYPA 4.2

Even if you throw out the terrible game against the Bills ZW had a very poor showing after his return. Some people chose to see it as a positive because he wasn't throwing balls up for grabs but he also wasn't making positive things happen on offense. He was an overall depressive effect on the offense just as he is now.

Jets79, All Gas No Shake and REVISion like this.
  12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

We should only look at things that support our opinion or look at nothing and make baseless posts just based on opinion.

cval likes this.
  13. Br4d

Or look at the numbers - which rarely lie.

Jets79 likes this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The numbers never lie...just the people interpreting the numbers for their own purpose.

cval and Noam like this.
  15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No excuses for Zach, but his schedule truly has been difficult so far. at Pittsburgh, Miami, at Green Bay, at Denver, New England. He is (4-1) in those games and played mostly well in the first three. The overreaction from the media and the Jets fan base has been sad to see, but I don't blame them. I think it is the world we live in.

Not to mention Sunday was a big one. Jets fans wanted it bad. I know I did. As I wrote in the game thread, it was the most important game on the schedule to me. Zach came up short. Still, it is a long season. Zach will get better.

He had some great plays Sunday too. Loved both his touchdown passes to Conklin, the bomb to Wilson, couple other impressive throws. Not sure how fans don't notice those plays too.

ColoradoContrails and cval like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

You were referring to his opinion on the all 22 footage

17. Br4d

Since coming back from the two injuries: GP - 12, Att 344, Comp 187, Pct 54.4, Yds 2214, YPA 6.4, TD 8, Int 7, Sks 35, SkYds 283, AdjYPA 5.1

This is not an NFL QB. This is Blaine Gabbert. This is Joey Harrington. This is a bust in plain sight.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  18. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The problem is some people cherry pick numbers only acknowledging numbers that support their opinion. One well known poster here defames numbers he does not like by calling them obscure but going all in on other numbers that supports his opinion. All numbers are helpful and help us frame and put things in context. They might not be right but they help us in our understanding of what is going on. The same goes for film review. Some posters only like the film reviews that support their opinion and defame the ones that do not. We might have preferences of which film reviews we like but there is something to be learned in all film reviews. While we should never ignore numbers I believe the film reviews and the grades given are much more helpful in defining good play, potential, issues that need to be fixed and causes of problems.

All this cherry picking of numbers and film review all goes back to the same problem. There are a number of very loud posters that only see one outcome that Zach sucks, JD sucks and Saleh sucks. They already made their conclusion 18 months ago and each subsequent post they use numerical gymnastics to bend and twist data to support their preconceived opinion. They only acknowledge, consider and except one outcome as a possibility. One such poster guaranteed us the Jets would be drafting a QB in round one in 2022 before Zach had even thrown his 1st pass in 2021. They are not Jet fans and they actively root against the team. This has never been more clear than their actions and posts during our 4 game winning streak. They have never been unhappier. They should come out of the closet and admit what everyone else knows and buy themselves a BB hoodie.

Again, I would follow Wayne Chrebet's one rule. Chrebet calls these posters haters and trolls. They only are here for attention. Chrebet said under no circumstance will he ever respond to them as they are not Jets fans. It is a rule we should all follow. They are just here to disrupt discussion not to exchange information, learn and share viewpoints. Just to tell us how smart they are. I encourage people to pretend these haters do not exist. Until they can act like adults ignore them and do not give them the attention they so badly want.

This board should not be an adversarial board but a place where we can support each other, learn, gain friendship and become more knowledgeable. It should not be about ego. Even the best of us here is wrong close to 50 percent of the time. This board does not have to be as dumb or as nasty as the rest of the internet. It can be a much nicer and better place if we put our egos aside and hold our posters to a higher standard.

#1518 Noam, Nov 3, 2022
    cval likes this.
  19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It was more of statement of fact as far timing when the flag was thrown. It was either thrown after it was picked off or before. There is really no opinion here, just a statement of fact. Either he lied or he didn't.

20. BrowningNagle

If only life was that simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.