Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Because we have always thought he was terrible we have seen enough because we don’t believe he has the ability to be better. The Jets, though, who expected him to be great yet also expected growing pains, can’t possibly have seen enough to solidify a complete change of their mind and a new decision to move on.

ColoradoContrails and Borat like this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He did kill one game this year (they won 4 others he played) and just turned 23. I understand things are trending down, but this still an overreaction.

Noam likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets want to win a few more games this season White is the best option. He and MLF are much more in sync than MLF and ZW are.

4. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

You know what, this makes perfect sense to me. As for his comment, that is an indicment of his imaturity and ego saying I am better then they think I am and do not need to conform to their scheme. Sad, because unless he has an epiphany about his himself, his role, his limitations, he will NOT get better and the team will suffer.

Cman68 likes this.
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

GP - 18, Passes - 525, Completions - 291, Pct - 55.4, Yards - 3382, YPA - 6.4, TD - 12, Int -16, Sacks - 54, Sk Yds - 443, Adj YPA - 5.08, QBRat 70.0

This is a terrible NFL QB over 18 games. Our eyes can deceive us but the numbers never lie.

6. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

If your wondering why I have concerns regarding our QB, just look at these very troubling stats:

Sam Darnold: 349/588 (59%), 3,945 yds, 23 TDs, 24 INTs, QB rating 75.53

Geno: 286/503 (56%), 3,443 yds, 14 TD, 23 INT, 68.21

Mark Sanchez: 242/443 (54%), 2,994 yds, 18 TD, 20 INT, 70.5

Zach Wilson: 291/555 (55%), 3,382 yds, 12 TDs, 16 INTs, 66.36

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) October 31, 2022

LOL, and we thought SAM really sucked....

Br4d, Pepsiguy5 and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yes it is terrible. But it's been 5 games in year two and we lost once. The trend is no doubt downward. But what options to we really have? The best one I can see is to continue with evaluation at least for another game or two. If losing us games becomes a pattern, then it may be time to pull the plug and get White in, then Streveler. After one loss though it is not time yet to bench him. We don't have Patrick Mahomes waiting in the wings.

8. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

But we won 4 games with him. Because the team around him is better than it was with Darnold.

It’s a team sport. The kid sucks. And i’m gonna be depressed watching him suck for 9 more games. And then his statline for 27 games, will be just as bad, and then should be zero excuses after that. ZERO fn excuses on this board.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Man, Zach is being fried today...Well deserved too.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This. And he’s constantly fading , fading , fading then spinning and having to throw on the run. . He has some great feet and gets out if trouble a lot but it’s trouble he would avoid if he’d just slide in the pocket.

11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Or he can turn this around. There was a lot invested into Zach, and there really aren't that many great options we have right now. As long as he doesn't lose us games and doesn't repeat last night's performance, we can't bench him. It's too early to cut our losses. Not after 5 games in the second year and only one actual loss that he caused.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

They are similar talents, and it took Favre a few years to get it.

I want to keep the hope but I'm not sure I see him turning it around like Favre did

Cman68 likes this.
  13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Didn't look like it in preseason or in his final game last year against Buffalo.

14. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

He needs to watch the Kurt Warner movie.

Kurt had the same problem in college and the coach wouldn't start him until he committed to stay in the pocket and take some hits.

BrooklynJetsFan and IDFjet like this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He needs Kurt Warner as his QB coach today! He also needs to sit for a game and think about why he got benched.

16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Yeah, the drifting thing is good every now and again. He does it almost every series.

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Listen to the conference for yourself. You have to read between the lines sometimes. Of course Saleh said Zach is our guy. He plans to start him against Buffalo, he can't say anything else. But when pressed if what he is saying is predicated on his expectation of Zach improving, he said absolutely. He expects Zach to improve and play better. When asked if he will bench Zach is he continues to play like he did yesterday, Saleh didn't really answer. He said it is a hypothetical question, and he expects Zach to continue improving. What I took away from this is Zach is the guy if he improves. If he plays like shit and is losing us games, he will be benched, and Mike is the next guy in line.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  18. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Interesting.

I don't think there is any real doubt or counter-argument that up until this point Zach is doing less with a lot more than Sam had.

All the stats, raking him over the coals, I told you so's and all that though aside. Even though it is all mostly deserved. The one thing I will say about Wilson that we can all see a pretty electric arm there. Its not like he's got no talent. He's a better thrower of the football than 99.999999% of people on this earth. So every possible attempt at salvage/bringing that out in the most constructive way possible needs to be attempted at this point.

Not only because of the obvious talent underneath the shitty results, but because of the horrendously high investment the Jets have in him.

19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I haven’t been to a game since 06, after moving. But I even notice that our home field advantage isn’t even close to what it was in giants stadium.

i also like his point about the perception of this franchise, and how it can have something to do with refs etc. never really thought about that

re: the benigno video

#1239 typeOnegative13NY, Oct 31, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  20. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

If jets don't make playoffs with Zach starting all year, do Jets get a new QB next year? I think so.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.