Bradley Chubb goes to MIA

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by dawinner127, Oct 31, 2022.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this warrants its own thread or not, but here it is. You can move it to the Trade deadline one if you want Brook.

I'm all in on this move. Lawson is most likely gone next year and our pick is probably going to be around 15 depending how we finish the rest of the season. I think our pass rush has been fine this year and we really need a coverage LB, but Chubb is an elite talent and a future piece. No brainer for me.

2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

3. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Chubb would be great, but to give up a first rounder when our biggest priorities will be OL and/or QB is very risky.

No reason we cant bring Lawson back if we really want him and still have that first rounder.

4. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Here's King's article for those that want to read it.

"GM George Paton, clearly, would move Chubb, due to be a free-agent in March, having missed 24 games due to injury in his first four years, for a first-round pick, and he may get one. A well-plugged-in GM told me over the weekend the Jets and Dolphins are interested, and interested enough to consider dealing a first-rounder for Chubb. But to make that deal for a significant price, Miami or New York, or any team, would have to have a deal done with Chubb beyond this year."

5. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Doesn’t feel like a JD move to me. Maybe to get Miami to bid. We just drafted Jermaine Johnson who should be seeing the field much more when he is back before we go out and make a trade like this. Like Chubb but not for a first

6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I agree. Doesn't seem like a JD move to me either. My first reaction to this rumor was "no chance". But I'll reconsider. I know Chubb is a talent, but I don't see the Jets paying that much with contracts looming for our other defenders.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It doesn’t make sense to give up a first round pick for a guy like that IMO.

27 year old edge rusher who will demand a big contract right away and has missed a ton of time due to injury.

Jeff is right ^ we need flexibility in the draft next year. I feel like we’ve really been chasing the edge rusher too much the past couple years. It’s finally paying some dividends but we also have the highest paid defensive line in the league and we haven’t paid Q yet.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Why isn't Michael Clemons getting more playing time?

Jojo and wewantsapp like this.
  9. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

We need OL...YES Chubb is great but no...we need OL HELP BAD more than ANYTHING in my opinion.

ColoradoContrails, LAJet and Jeff M like this.
  10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Chubb is elite though. He's 3rd in the NFL in PRWR (Pass Rush Win Rate). He's only behind Parsons and Garrett, he's that level of EDGE.

Lawson, while solid isn't nearly on that same level. You can also use basically all of Lawson's money starting next year but cutting him and only incurring a dead cap hit of 333K.

I'm not saying this is a no brainer but if JD and Saleh believe that Chubb can elevate this D to an elite unit, it's something that has to be considered.

11. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

I think it's more likely JD is offering Moore for Chubb. I don't think he's trading a 1st for Chubb.

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Where would you like him to play? His PT is fine. Jets have like 6 guys who are producing currently on the line.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Chubb has also proven he can’t stay healthy and not surprising he’s healthy this year because it’s contract season lol

14. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I mean, he's an upgrade as he's an elite pass rusher, but with the money and draft investments at edge, this is a head-scratcher. Especially to give up a future 1st for? Puzzling

Not that this is Madden, but I'd rather they trade Moore if they must for OL help. Or a QB...

15. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

This team is not good enough to give away first round picks to deepen our deepest position group. This is a terrible idea.

Acad23, wewantsapp and JetFanInPA like this.
  16. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

def isn't the problem - if we are going to give a first round pick in a trade, get an OL at the minimum!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

His injury history, I don't get how he's worth a 1st, he's getting up In football age, hard pass for that price.

Red Menace and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I'm alarmed if the front office has watched the first 8 games of this season where the defense is dominating and the offense can't tie their shoes and thinks "we need to give up a first for an edge rusher that we are then going to have to give a huge deal to".

Brook! and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

unless a team is tanking their season in order to get one of the top 2 QB prospects in the 23 draft (Hello Carolina) then its very rare to see anyone trade away a quality player without good reason - Denver would clearly love to tank their season and draft their future QB but they are stuck with Wilson until 2026 due to his deal (iirc)

20. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

No way the Jets are trading for Chubb. If anything they'll trade for Jack Conklin or Laremy Tunsil to fortify the line. But, pissing away a #1 pick for a position they have decent depth is stupid.

Borat, mrjet80 and ColoradoContrails like this.