Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Every time I think I've escaped the ghost of Sanchez, The Chimp returns.

[​IMG]

Noam likes this.
  2. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

That's their OC making adjustments at halftime.

Cman68 and Jets79 like this.
  3. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Well said. I agree this kid simply can’t play the game the right way. I think he’s too afraid to get hit since he’s so small and that leads to everything including his happy feet.

bottom line he’s statistically the worst QBR of starters in the NFL right now. How can you spin that? You can’t. We win in spite of him not because of him.

Ralebird, IIMeanDeanII and IDFjet like this.
  4. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Also it seemed obvious to me that belichek was going to make Zach beat him. I’m the dumbest guy on here and I could have told you this before the season started.

I think we played into their hands and should have run more. If we had established an ability and willingness to run it would have been a different game

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

14 run plays, tells me that isn't true, Zach was horrendous after his opening spell, what part of this did the OC not notice and then try and establish the running game to give his struggling QB half a chance, mix it up some to again put the Pats off the trail but nope, dialing up 14 run plays is pathetic, considering the run game is the reason we are sitting with the wins in the first place.

Zach was utter shite for 3/4 of the game, MiLF was as equally culpable.

6. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I HATE Sanchez!’

Also, and maybe I’m wrong, but does anyone else see Kyle Boller when they see Zach?

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Having that pick 6 reversed was a back breaker. Toss in a missed field goal and you could see things starting to unravel.

I’m anxious to see how the defense does next week. Great QB with time and weapons. They haven’t had to contend with that yet so they’ll get an opportunity (like Zach did this week) to put the league on notice that it’s not just some crappy starter/backup QB fluke leading to their success. (I knew we beat Roger’s in Limburg - they don’t scare anyone anymore).

As low as I am on Zach I’m high on the most of the rest off the team. They could be a couple players away from being a legitimate threat to take the division next season. Who knows beyond that.

Jets-N-Terps likes this.
  8. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Even more ominously is that if you compare what surrounds Zach to the utter crap Sam had to work with its not just better, its orders of magnitude better. The coaching, the offensive line (even with 5 guys injured its better than Sam ever had) the RBs (again... even with Hall out its better) the WR corps aren't even comparable nor are the TE group. I'd even throw the overall culture and team attitude/chemistry into the mix. The Jets are a great "team" now. Back in the Sam days it was a culture of losing, players were more disgruntled over management vs player issues (Osemele, Falk lawsuit etc).

9. WoodyHarrelson

Boomer just ripped him a bit on radio. Said Elijah More was wide open on rpo and DBs was 15 yards off of him and Zach took it and ran. Just throw the ball out to him and let him go.

I am beginning to wonder if Zach is smart at all. Seems like he has no football IQ

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that Sanchez did something Zach has trouble doing.

He wins games including beating the Patriots in the playoffs.

I would love to have any of our QBs duplicate that feat.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I dont know if Wilson is smart or not smart, I just think he's over his head. Wilson was an average division 1 QB until his last year at BYU. And that last year was a Covid season where everyone was playing a shortened schedule with conference games only.

BYU didn't have a conference so they had to play any team that would play them and they ended up with a schedule filled with bums. So instead of playing 6 or 7 games against conference foes at his team's level like everyone else, he got to play 12 games against teams below their level. It helped him stand out

Then they couldn't get a proper evaluation in the lead up to the draft, just a pro day at BYU where he could show off his arm comfortably.
    --

the Jets drafted an average Division 1 QB no.2 overall due to the circumstances. They don't need to stick with him for that reason

Ralebird, Centiment and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  12. WoodyHarrelson

Well if that’s the case, why the hell is MLF not running a power I formation football and hope to grind out a 17-14 win? And chew clock? We should have a 6th OL on the field and two TE most snaps. It’s a paddy happy league and we just found a way to whiff on the 2nd overall pick.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think he recognizes it and is trying his best to mask Wilson's weaknesses. Until yesterday they were grinding out 17-14 wins

Jets79, Cman68 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  14. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I think they are 1 player away from contending for the division. A top 15 quarterback would do wonders for this team. Gardner Minshew wins that game going away yesterday. Hell, Streveler might have even won it.

Acad23, Jets81 and K'OB like this.
  15. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Patriot staff has a pretty good nose for sniffing out the weak link.

REVISion and Jets79 like this.
  16. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

No, the QB not hitting open receivers is what should be killing you. They don't run screens because he can't hit them when he is running backwards. He will sail the throw. Moore was open on the RPO and Zach just didn't throw the ball. On multiple other throws the 1st read was open and he didn't throw it. Either he doesn't see open guys on his 1st read (which you cannot correct and is as bad as it can get,) he doesn't realize they are open, or doesn't know where is reads are. Any of those problems are downright atrocious.

He doesn't step up in the pocket and only goes backwards which also makes him unable to scramble forward and pick up short yardage 1st downs. We could go on and on.

17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Equally. Can't give you that. We lost this game because of Zach Wilson. He gets paid the big bucks for a reason, gotta take the training wheels off at some point.

MLF can certainly do better. Definitely.

They weren't equally to blame In this game though.

IMO

18. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Every throw from Zach yesterday.

Noam likes this.
  19. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

20. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.