Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

This is exactly how I feel.

He made some terrible throws today. He was truly erratic.

He made a few good throws as well.

I’m still not gonna give up on Zach. There’s a ton of football to go here, onto next week.

We hang on to every single game and go from there thinking oh maybe he’s not the answer to, maybe he is, or he’s a game manager, blah blah. Gotta let him work through this.

Oh and drafting the next one isn’t going to stop the cycle. You guys will just criticize on every throw for the next one too. Too much wanting instant gratification and wanting 350 yards and 3 TD’s every game.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

My main issue is that he is way too inaccurate and he doesn’t see the field

for all the so called “eye test” his completion rate has always been in the mid 50s most of the time with an occasional 60% game…and it hasn’t improved

and he just doesn’t see or ignores open receivers too often

he’s still young but I’m not sure if he’ll ever be a 65% QB…

it’s not good

3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Bingo !! RG III had the same problem.

Both guys were THE BEST players and atheletes on their respective teams for a decade.
    Then they get drafted #2 overall and the WORST NFL secondary players are better, faster, and smarter than the best guys they faced in High School and College.

Guys in the NFL can close SO FAST compared to college it isn't funny.
    That's why guys like Steve Young say that the game has to "slow down" for a QB to be a success....otherwise, he's just guessing.

Depth perception, ability to process information quickly....you can't teach it. You either have it right away (Joe Montana) or you don't (Pick A Name).

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Scary to think that at this stage of his career, the illustrious Sam Darnold (80 rating) had better passing stats than Zach (71 rating). Darnold pretty much blows Zach away in every passing category of significance when comparing their first two seasons. Sure, Zach has another 9 games to go in year two, but he is trending downwards big time, with only Steelers rookie QB Kenny Pickett having a worse QB rating among starters.

In addition to Darnold, other early 1st Round disappointments at the bottom of the passer rating list include Baker Mayfield and Mac Jones. The stats don't lie, as Zach clearly outsucked Mac today.

Another point to be made is Saleh not benching Zach when he clearly became unhinged in the 3rd quarter. Last Monday night, Belichick did not hesitate to bench Mac when he stunk up the joint in the first half. After the benching, Mac came back this week and got the Win. You think Saleh learned a thing from a coach who is #2 in all-time victories? Or will Saleh continue to possibly jeopardize a playoff run by doing absolutely nothing to improve the ineffective and destructive play at the QB position.

Acad23, fggrimes, Pepsiguy5 and 2 others like this.
  5. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I've been patient, and Zach has shown flashes of quality play, but this game was just brutal. I doubt he is a QB we can build around. The killer for me was when he put his hands to his head after throwing one of his interceptions as if to say 'How could I do that?' ... and then he did the same thing again.

I don't think he's going to learn. I think we're looking for a new QB sooner or later. I hope I'm wrong, of course, but he just keeps doing the same stupid things.

REVISion, Jets79, Vida and 1 other person like this.
  6. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

I don't get this sudden obsession with Sam Darnold.

Both Sam and Zach are bad QB. I think the Jets should draft a toolsy QB next year and get a proper OC to develop him.

Zach might be damaged good. For a film junky he seems to always make the same mistakes.

Let's see how he handles the next game but he has already a foot out of the door.

apjbfc likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I agree except before RGIII got hurt, he was the most talented player on the field even in the NFL. But after he lost his mobility, he had the same problem.

All Gas No Shake and Vida like this.
  8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

That's the point.

If he doesn't look better than Sam Darnold at this point.. If people are actually wishing for Sam Darnold at this point..

Then, Zach Wilson probably Isn't the guy we all hoped for.

The expectation Is fucking low, so far, Zach Wilson hasn't managed to even meet our shitty expectations at the position.

It's not good.

#1048 IIMeanDeanII, Oct 31, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
    Vida likes this.
  9. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

We are less patient with Wilson because of the failures of past young quarterbacks. But usually young quarterbacks who turn into great players have shown more by now.

There is zero reason to turn to White. Wilson is the guy this year. Most of the time, that isn't a problem. But the bad moments are really bad and really costly.

10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Stupid to want to bench Zach now. We are pot committed to him this year, at least for several more games. We don't have another viable long-term option unless you buy White.

Next year is a different story. Zach is talented. But plenty of guys are drafted high with big arms and athleticism. Most of the ones who pan out show more signs than Zach has. Zach has time to show those signs, especially if we are winning, but if he is playing like this in 10 weeks, we will need to have a viable backup plan on the roster at minimum.

11. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

This is why the Vegas odds were correct. This is not out of our DNA yet. Odds of Zach coming good are falling.

HomeoftheJets and Vida like this.
  12. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Brook shouting f bombs says alot

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It was a 4th and 5 and he had at least 10 yards of open space directly in front of him (but it looked more like 20 from the stands). He threw a bad pass to the TE instead and killed the drive.

He made a lot of terrible plays yesterday but that one was just as infuriating as him tossing lobs to the Pats secondary. He’s playing scared and stupid and he’s going to kill this season for the Jets if the CS doesn’t figure something out quick.

ramjet, Jets79 and rockyusmc2003 like this.
  14. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Without Breece he’ll continue to be exposed. That guy was our offense.

We’ll need the D to start scoring from here in out.

Speaking of which, that pick six penalty cost us the game regardless of how shitty Zach was. It was crushing for the team and everyone in the stands.

#1054 Jets81, Oct 31, 2022
    JetFanInNE and Mogriffjr like this.
  15. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

As much as I hate to say it Zach ain’t it. And I’ve been a Zach supporter. Until yesterday.

he made the same mistakes he made his second pro game, and I was sitting 50 yard line for this game. He missed multiple down the field touchdowns where the wr were waving their arms. One to Wilson one to Mims. He has absolutely zero field vision.

the jets should consider drafting another qb next year. And quite frankly if the jets benched him I wouldn’t be mad at them.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  16. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Bam Knight comes to mind. Injuries are a way of life in the NFL.

Cman68 likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We do have other backs besides Breece Hall on the roster. They can pound the rock by committee to wear down DLines but MLF doesn't have any confidence in anyone other than Breece and MC1. That has to change or Zach will be destroyed before the season is over. No way Zach throws more than 30 times and we win a game. He's not there yet. Someone please get thru to MLF he has to flex his thinking to the new reality of no Breece Hall.

Bam Knight is healthy and can pound. Ty can as well. JR doesn't have to have a load of carries with that knee being a problem. Will MLF adjust? That's the billion dollar question...

18. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Let's point to the elephant in the room....

The OUT OF BOUNDS area of a football field comprises the ENTIRE GLOBE besides the measly, miniscule football field. It should be EASY for that IDIOT Zach Wilson to throw the ball to an area that essentially includes all of the oceans and continents in the f*cking world. Yet this DINGBAT has NO idea how to do it. He has this NEED to throw the ball just barely out of bounds and in the process throw the ball up for grabs.

THAT is a gross violation of FOOTBALL 101 SKILLS. There is no QB competent enough to so much as take the field that should be doing that.....

#1058 NYJ1970, Oct 31, 2022
  19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

But it’s worse than that:

Poor field vision

Poor accuracy - Throws short it hits the turf - Throws long and your not sure which team it’s too

Happy feet

Locks on to first option and if it’s not there, pray

Afraid to run up field

Needs his guys I make plays on pretty much everything - acrobatic catches, yards after catch, etc.

For all the coaches talked about how he’s a film junky with a high football IQ, I’ve yet to see it in a game.

NYJ1970 likes this.
  20. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Zach was brutal when throwing off back foot. When he set he was ok. He has to get his shit together or he will be short lived

not sure if it was mentioned but I thought the turning point was pats going to hurry up offense negating our ability to rotate DL. Pats started to score at that point.

Savatage likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.