Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

They are all good when you look at them together each offering something different with a different perspective but overall I think Pavia's film break downs are infinitely superior to Warner's. So much more detail. Jenkins and Sabo's are much better than Warner's too.

2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

we will have to agree to disagree!

Noam likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I've only seen one of Kurt's breakdowns. Do you have a link or are they on YouTube? I'm not a fan of this offense and would love to hear his perspective.

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

He has a youtube channel. He only broke down one Jets game. Rich Eisen was interviewing him this week and thew out not a fan of some of the concept's comments.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Borat and Noam like this.
  6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Going a little deeper on the Warner vs. Pavia vs. Sabo thing. I will give you some additional thoughts. Warner's main contribution on his film review was a discussion of proper spacing on routes. I don't recall how deep he went into the possible causes. But either Sabo or Pavia went deeper in a video discussing how chipping, to help the OL, disrupts the timing of routes and proper spacing. Another reason is pretty obvious in that the Pitt game was the first game they all played together and they are a work in process as receivers. The point is guys like Pavia and Sabo spend a lot more time on their analysis and looking at Jets film then Warner and offer up a lot more information as they are lot more familiar with what is going on in the Jet offense. Warner has a ton of polish and is a much more advanced speaker who speaks with authority but he does not have much time to spend looking at the Jets. He only gets a few Jet plays to analyze and as a mainstream media guy he likely covers his bases to look fair and offers a criticism like he did with the spacing. This makes Warner look smart, fair and helps his brand. While I think it is helpful to look at all film reviews as they all offer something even different. Even JT O'Sullivan's film review had worthy contributions despite not even knowing the names of any Jets WRs and often looking completely disinterested. But, overall Pavia and Sabo offer a lot more information in their videos than Warner. I would throw Nania in there too but I question his analysis and conclusions (as Borat so expertly critiqued Nania's latest video) but really do enjoy the amount of content he produces. But the beaytiful thing is no matter who you like there is something to take and learn from every video. I might not like O'Sullivan but there are still great things in his videos and things to learn.

#726 Noam, Oct 27, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
    Borat likes this.
  7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Just one after the Pitt game.

Borat and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

Thanks!

Noam likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

Thanks!

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I would love it if Zach could throw for 300+ yards a game, an occasional 400 yard game, but if he's doing that, what's the running game doing? And if this team comes to rely on Zach for most of its offense, what happens if he gets hurt? Optimistically he doesn't, but then there's the weather aspect when passing becomes very low percentage.

Ideally I want to see Zach get to the point where if he has to pass for 300-400 yards to win a game he can do that, but where he's also able to direct a running attack to eat up clock and win close games. He seems to be pretty comfortable with the second part, now I'd like to see that 300+ yard game or two flashed.

Borat, JETFUEL1580 and Noam like this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I will say: This is a little bit fun. Debating about your QB, while winning 4 in a row. Talking about how good the team can be, etc. It is the way message boards should be.

I'd say since 2016, there really has not been too much to talk about. The team was terrible and all we had to look forward to was the draft. Even though I disagree with some of the posters here, it is still a breath of fresh air!

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

where do you find the time? lol

Noam likes this.
  14. K'OB

It isn't really 300-400 yard games that bother me, it is hitting a target in stride consistently, look I know it can't be easy when you're constantly running for your life, but show me some improvement and I will gladly support another year.

15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I work remotely from home. Which allows me to watch all the Jets videos and articles that I see. My issue is how much I pay attention to those videos. It depends on how much I need to pay attention to work or how tired I am. Being really really old I notice by Thursday my attention span is so much worse.

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

To me, this is a fair take by Chris Simms for what took place, and actually something I was saying also:
    - Not a good game, but not bad. Decent overall.
    - Had 2-3 bad throws
    - Pressured all the time
    - Did really well escaping from constant pressure
    - Got lucky when he lost the ball it wasn't called a fumble.
    - Noted Zach faced top 2 passing defenses
    - Noted that Bronco offense sucks, so it was smart to play it safe.

Additionally he brought up a few other points. Aside from one Breece Hall run, all other RB runs were crap. Shanahan system calls for a lot of plays in the middle. This actually explains why Zach was looking in the middle when pressured and running for his life.

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that. Simms made some good points. I have been pretty negative on Zach vs. Broncos. One thing Simms did not mention is the offense was without Hall, AVT, Davis and Moore. Simms made me laugh at the end with his not F-off WFAN Jets fans. Sounds like he has had a few bad interactions.

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, I think though that if he improves in those areas you mention, the 300+ yard games will follow.

K'OB likes this.
  19. K'OB

That may well be true but also he could game-manage for 200-250 while the ground does the rest.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

I don't care what the running game is doing. If I wanted to watch a team try to win by running the ball and playing D, I'd become a Titans fan.

We want two entirely different things. I don't want an old-fashioned NFL 3 yards and a cloud of dust where the QB rarely throws. Allen plays in worse weather than the Jets do, so if he can throw for a lot of yards, Zach could too. The Jets made their name and won my heart as a fan by throwing the ball a lot. I want an offense designed around Zach's strengths, and that's passing the ball, throwing the ball downfield, taking deep shots, and mixing in the run to keep the D off balance.

If they plan on being primarily a running offense, they shouldn't have drafted Zach, because they're wasting his talents and only going to frustrate him. They should have traded down and taken Mac Jones. If they do plan on primarily being a rushing offense, I hope that Zach will ask for a trade this offseason and the Jets will grant it. Then I can bid adieu to the insanity that is the NY Jets, and can go root for Zach on his new team. Heck, Rex allowed the offense to pass the ball more than Saleh and MLF are. Right now, I hate both of them (Saleh and MLF) and hate the Jets' offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.