Does Chad even have a chance of beating NE

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by XNOUGHT, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

After today I think it's clear Chad can get it done. He played great today, we should all be grateful we got a true leader like this at the controls.

This team has great coaching, good leadership and chemistry, we just need more talent. Plain and simple. Get a big play Pro-Bowl caliber runningback on this team, a passrusher, run-stuffing d-lineman and were in better shape.

2. FlyingElvis

FlyingElvis New Member

I agree with this. If Dilfer can win a SB, so can Pennington. But he probably needs a defense that allows him to be a game manager rather than the guy that you rely on to win it for you with his arm.

3. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but I agree. Not just about beating the Pats but beating any team with an elite Defense. The Jets have at times been a good team under Pennington but they have never and they will never be a GREAT team. I do feel like our Offense is playing with one hand tied behind their backs by having a QB that is so limited. I have no problem with Pennington being on the Jets roster next year but I say it's time to see whether the kid (Clemens) has what it takes.

4. bull_trout_jet

bull_trout_jet New Member

We stink. Penny will never win:wink:

5. bull_trout_jet

bull_trout_jet New Member

Penny really does stink. No wink

6. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

What else do u want frm Chad, 10-6 with this shitty team, playoff berth? I mean seriously WTF. 300 yards passing against the 2nd best defense in the NFL. I have no idea what u Chad haters want.

7. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Pennington played well today, he's not responsible for the horrible run blocking and horrible defensive line. Barring a complete collapse by Pennington in training camp/pre-season, and a dominant performance by Clemens, Chad will be the starting QB next season, and deservedly so. He can win in this league, but like 95% of the QBs in NFL history, he needs a very good team around him. He didn't have that today.

8. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

Perhaps you weren't watching when Pennington beat the team with the #1 rushing defense in the league and another with the DPOY, both at home, and then beat the team with the #1 passing defense.

But, yea, he can't beat elite defenses.

9. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

1 week off for trolling to increase the post count

post count is back 0 too....

10. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

facts don't work, people just wanna believe that there is soemthing better around the corner, Browning Nagle people, Browning fucking Nagle is all I have to say.

11. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

pennington wasn't bad today, until he lost the game with his turnover.

12. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

LOL yeah he plays Tackle too, he left the DE get too far upfield, he was stupid enough to not fall on the ball too, and oh yeah he could not stop the Pats run and pass all day too.

13. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

The defense needs to get better but the most important thing is the running game. There are only a handful of QB's in this league good enough to carry an offense without a running game. McNabb can do it. Manning and Brady have done it. There aren't many others.

If Chad is a game manager, he's an elite game manager, if that makes any sense. He's not just a Trent Dilfer who won't lose you a game, but won't win you one either. He's won plenty of games this year despite being completely one dimensional on offense. He won't consistently put up a lot of points by himself against the best defenses, but that's not a knock on him, there are only a few guys who can do taht.

14. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Colvin is a LB, D'Brick didn't even have a chance to engage him because he just sat there and waited for Pennington to throw it to him. His first mistake was throwing the ball when a Patriots defender was standing right in his throwing lane, his second was making it a lateral rather then a foward pass.

15. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

You don't think not being able to establish any type of running game is more limiting? Defenses know we can't run the ball. He can't consistently use play action which he's as good as anyone in the league not named Peyton Manning at. DB's can concentrate soley on coverage without worrying about the run.

16. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

That play goes on a lot of people not just Penny, he should have pulled it down like he did 2x times before, and Brick should have cut Colvin like the play was designed, lasty Shott should not have called that play, Leon's number should have been called again.

17. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The lateral was his fault, he threw it and it was a dumb move. Payton Manning isn't close to as good as Brady.

We have a good young, maybe a great young HC and a good QB but we are in the same division with Brady and BB. We are going to need not only a great D but a great O to move on and win.

Chad had a nice year and played very well at times and melted down at times today. This team has a long way to go to beat the Pats. The fact is better QB play may be needed to take another step, that's how good the Pats QB play is. We need to improve in a lot of areas to take another step. We have good QB play right now, we may need great QB play to get by NE even with a great D and a better OL and running attack?

The Pats leaned on us, broke us and than buried us. Like most NFL games it looked real close for awhile but in the end it was a total route by todays standards. The Pats have some real weaknesses in their defensive backfield and at WR. They are going to be fixing that as we fix some of our weaknesses. Don't ever think a good QB is going to be enough against a team with a great HOF QB because that will do nothing but hold you back at the end of the day.

If Chad can get stonger in the offseason and take another step in his physical rehab, maybe he can be the guy. I hope he can do it because he sure has the rest of the package in spit of that really dumb lateral.

18. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

So you're going to stand here and say Brian Schottenheimer bears no complicity in the play call? And D'Brickashaw Ferguson bears no complicity for not falling on a loose ball?

Real objective. :breakdance:

19. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

All I have to say is that the Pats defense has made of hall of fame Qb's (Manning) look bad. Chad can do it, he just needs help on both sides of the ball. In the offseason we will address that.

20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

What a ridiculous mentality so many people have on Chad. Every damn time Chad is healthy,he takes us to the playoffs. I'm not talking just to Xnaught,but so many Jet fans too. (he has done pretty well in NE btw Xnaught,we had no running game this year at all).
    People talk about throwing away the next 4 years with Chad etc,well we could bench him and throw away even longer searching for the next QB to be nearly as successful as him. WTF is this mentalitythat Clemens is the answer? I don't get it. We will be extremely lucky to have our next QB to do as well as Chad has done givin the Jets past. If Chad is healthy,he WILL be the starting QB,so lets put the bullshit to bed for a while.