MLF

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JackBower, Oct 23, 2022.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

You were so close to being right, I was really pulling for you.

The ineligible man downfield penalty was declined. Since you posted the first 3 plays of the game I was hoping you’d notice the lack of the word “penalty” but alas, you don’t really have that detail thing nailed down.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Pass Incomplete

(14:55) Z.Wilson pass incomplete short right. Penalty on NYJ-N.Herbig, Ineligible Downfield Pass, declined.

2nd & 10 at NYJ 25
    The lack of which word?

I was, however, incorrect in including the minus five yards part.

Please tell us all about details.

#102 Ralebird, Oct 25, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  3. KingRoach

You claimed there was a 5 yard penalty despite posting evidence to the contrary.

Me having to repeat myself is an example of your inability or unwillingness to ever be right.

4. Ralebird

You should look again, oh, ye of vermin royalty.

Any response to the word I needed to grow and color red, or do you still contend that it is somehow lacking?

Who is it again that is unable to admit they are wrong?

KingRoach likes this.
  5. KingRoach

My bad. I should have put the word “declined” in the post where I pointed out that you’re never right. TBH, I didn’t read what you copied and pasted; I just knew you did and the fact that there was no 5 yard penalty it should have been pretty obvious.

It’s interesting to know neither one of us read your posts. (That’s mean, I actually read your posts more than you do as shown by how often you try and deny words you type)

6. Ralebird

The problem is you were wrong in pointing out that I am never right. You should have simply "declined" to post in this thread if you wanted to attack me rather than my thoughts and ideas.

I note that you still have not taken a mea culpa for claiming the word "penalty" was lacking and also for claiming something I had already retracted, but I'm not at all surprised.

7. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

No rhyme or reason to the play calls. Made no sense, like putting Moore on the outside on deep sideline jump balls in previous games.
    We can STILL beat the pats. Stay focused, and grind it. They just got spanked by the bears..

BrooklynJetsFan and Nyjets4eva like this.
  8. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

while watching that game I came away thinking we should be able to beat them. Our D should cause havoc, it’s our offense I’m more worried about. Hopefully we can show something with two important guys out

9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I could have sworn that happened on a 3rd down play. I apologize. And I did not rewatch the game. That was a one and done for me.

ouchy and Ralebird like this.
  10. KingRoach

I mentioned it in my final post using the word penalty instead of declined was a mistake on my part.

I posted my reply pointing out you were wrong before you posted your retraction.

You really really don’t pay attention.

11. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

It was a dagger concept. Conklin running a clearout and CD running a dig underneath.

I'm fairly confident Zach was throwing the ball to CD on the dig but sailed it although without being Zach or knowing the exact playcall, I don't know that for sure.

The play call itself was perfect by MLF. Uzomah chips and leaks out into the flat which pulls up the intermediate defenders and opens up the zone where CD's dig is supposed to end up. Conklin does his job and puts pressure on the deep zones which doesn't allow them to break up enough and muddy up where CD's dig is intended to go.

12. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

It was an awful throw, and it wasn't the only one on Sunday. If he hits open receivers in that game, the Jets blow out the broncos. He's shown he can do it, but for some head scratching reason, he misses open guys, throws behind guys, doesn't hit guys in stride, and holds the ball too long. It could be just who he is as a quarterback. I hope it's not, but it is more than possible at this point.

13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

It seems like a mental issue. Something @Noam and I have been discussing in the Zach thread.

I don't understand it. He seemed much more confident and free in his first 2 games back and he looked good in both of those games IMO. Idk what's happened over the past few weeks but I really hope Zach, MLF, and Calabrese get it figured out and fix it.

burf, bicketybam and Nyjets4eva like this.
  14. Ralebird

Revisionist history, and a big lie. It is easy for anyone with an open mind and open eyes to see that I revised my post to correct the reference to a five yard penalty at 2:44 am and you did not call me out on it until 2:49. Your reply also included that retraction which could not have possibly been there if I had not been proactive.

Is it really that important to you that you will lie to be "right"?

15. KingRoach

Really, you corrected the post I called you out on?
    I can’t tell.

16. Ralebird

Yes, the correction was about the "minus five yards" which you said nothing at all about until I had already said i was wrong in including that. It's all right there with times noted - why is it such a problem for you to understand? I did not edit it out of the post where it first appeared in order to be completely open. I cannot be responsible for those things you can't be bothered to read.

Do you now understand at least that the word "penalty" was not lacking in anything I posted? One would think that would have been acknowledged by now.

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I've rewatched this play a number of times now and here's what I think:

I believe Conklin was the intended target and that there were three things that led to this terrible looking overthrow:
    1. Conklin slowed down and didn't continue running at the full speed he started off with.
    2. He was impeded - flattened with no PI called - which had he not been would've allowed him to get closer to where the ball was thrown.
    3. Zach overthrow him, but it would not have been so off had the other two things not happened.

KY Jets Fan and Borat like this.
  18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Mods, Please can we change the thread title to "MILF", as not to confuse this with Matt LaFleur? Thanks!

Lon Chaney likes this.
  19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Excellent observation, and frankly this does make a lot of sense. Had Conklin not slowed, probably PI is called. Still, could have tried an easier throw to Davis, but Conklin could have had a bigger gain, so this wasn't as terrible as I originally thought.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Seems to me that lately, more than ever, on every thread, no matter the subject, it gets immediately derailed into a slug fest about Zach execution as the root cause for every problem by the same few folks. And if that wasn’t bad enough, they regurgitate the same comments, same video, tweet, over and over the two overthrown passes discussed ad nausea, and completely disregarding the initial premise of the post which was how good is the play calling by Mike. Which IMO is pretty damned good by the most part.