2022 - Week 8: New York Jets vs New England Patriots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 23, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2022.
  1. Jets

62.7%
  2. Patriots

37.3%
  1. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

My son keeps asking me why every game is the biggest game of the season. I'm starting to think he doesn't believe me anymore.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If the Patriots win, their defeat of the Jets will put Belichick over Halas for #2 in career wins. I do not want the Jets to be that team.

Patriot, cval, NY Jets68 and 3 others like this.
  3. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Fields created a lot of havoc with his scrambling. I don't need to further illustrate that point, but he made some great throws as well in bad conditions that Zach would struggle with. Ok I will further illustrate it. Fields lead the Bears in rushing and was the biggest reason why they won.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  4. JETFUEL1580

Yes

5. JETFUEL1580

I agree completely. I actually love the fact that Zach can scramble and extend plays with his legs. On some plays he looks like Fran Tarkenton. But he does make me nervous as well and when he runs for yards I immediately want him to slide or get down. Like you mentioned guys like Fields and Hurts are built and I'm never concerned when they get hit. Well they aren't Jets either lol, but you know what I mean. Zach's scrambling is one of his biggest keys as a player. I just wish he could complete a few of those passes when he does by time. Still be a learning process. We'll see.

6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Good questions and yes this is the biggest game of the season and will be even more so than the Bills game. The Jets haven’t beaten the Patriots in 7 years - they need to get that monkey off their back. The Jets are the better team in my opinion and the Patriots are struggling. As far as the Bills game yes that is a big game too but the Jets aren’t expected to beat the Bills. The Patriots they should.

cval, SOJAZ and Lon Chaney like this.
  7. CaptainCap

CaptainCap Well-Known Member

Watching NE Sports Talk Shows today. They said the Pats offensive line can't contain a good rush. Also the Mack Jones VS Bailey Zappe QB controversy is heating up. Looks worse than our Elijah Moore problem. According to Coach Bill B he's not sure which QB will start against the Jets. Confusion in the ranks. Very Unpatriotic like I love it!!!!!

#87 CaptainCap, Oct 25, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  8. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

James Robinson remember this name. he is violent runner that when he breaks free has an extra gear, Is he hall, NO but he more then an adequate replacement. Carter, Roberson, Ty Johnson, and knight should be sufficient for G&P. If they stack the box, do quick hitter passes to loosen them up.

There is no reason to lose this game...we are the better team.

BleedJetsGreen1981, cval and Cman68 like this.
  9. twown

twown Well-Known Member

It must be weird adjusting to tense, wild-eyed Dad after all those years of resigned, miserable Dad.

Wah, Wut?, sozopol and 1 other person like this.
  10. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Vegas opens Jets +1.5.

Imagine we win Sunday. 6-2 without EVER opening as a favorite?!? That must be some kind of record. And then playing Buffalo, so a dog again no matter what.

(I know we ended last week as favorites but we opened as dogs.)

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

This is a huge game. The Pats are vulnerable but they have a nasty habit of coming back.

This four game winning streak almost means nothing if we get blown out this game.

12. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I'm not superstitious.... but I am a little stitious. Why deviate from the green helmet/white shirt/black pants that has won 4 straight? :eek:

Aero and Brook! like this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Because the home team's choice needs to be made before July first.

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

How much do you think an extra 6 pounds protects Fields? Keep in mind Fields is an inch taller.
    Fields is the one that went out with some cracked ribs last year, and Wilson's injury history does not include anything from taking a hit (As far as I can remember). I believe Wilson has been sacked over 50 times, that doesn't include scrambles that gained yards where he would have been tackled on the play. Why is Zach not broken yet?

Acad23 and bicketybam like this.
  15. JETFUEL1580

Extra 6 pounds? where did you get that number from? Fields is listed at 227 and Zach is 214 officially. Fields is a thicker guy though just by looking at them. Also, Zach got hurt after being tackled by Judon against the Pats last year in memory serves correct. I was primarily talking about the way Fields was used as a runner against the Pats. Another poster compared Zach's scrambling to Fields, and thought that was a formula for the Pats which I disagreed with. Zach and Fields haven't played the same kind of style throughout their brief careers.

- Fields has been asked to do more with little to nothing. Fields already has 784 yards rushing in his career, Zach has 227.

- Fields has 144 rushing attempts, Zach has 44. You do the math.

- Fields also been sacked more overall at 63 to 52. Fields is also currently leading the league in that category 27 to 8.

Zach isn't broken cause he hasn't had nearly the same attempts compared to Fields. Hope that answered your question.

#95 JETFUEL1580, Oct 26, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
  16. The Waterboy

So that covers the weight, no matter that you think Fields is "thicker"

As far as getting broken, Fields "broke" a few ribs last year in 342 plays, Wilson did not get "broken" in 412 plays last year including on 44 sacks, Fields had 36, but according to you, "Zach will break the first time he takes a huge shot.". Are you trying to tell me Zach took no huge shots last year or this year?

Just posting that Fields has more sack, rush attempts, etc. does not show anyone how Zach will break.

17. JETFUEL1580

Oh ok so you took me saying Zach will break the first time he takes a huge shot literally then? I get it now. Well I still answered your question. IMO, If Zach plays the way Fields does, he'll be broken a lot sooner then we want him to be. How about that instead?

Also, it's not what I think Fields is a bigger man. Use your eyes and common sense. That's obvious, and again Zach got hurt against New England last year on a tackle from Judon.

#97 JETFUEL1580, Oct 26, 2022
  18. The Waterboy

Did you see where I made your statement about Wilson bold? Had I wanted to address Wilson playing like Fields I would have put that in bold.
    I didn't take it literally but I guess after 52 sacks, plus QB hits and tackles on scrambles I thought maybe there would have been some evidence of an injury, broken in half, from getting hit since he is so frail.

Yep, Fields is bigger by 6 lbs., pretty sure we had that established already. Since 300+ LB linemen get knee injuries, Wilson's knee injury hardly backs your post.

19. JETFUEL1580

It was on a tackle though which backs up my point. Zach's injury that is. Zach was out for multiple weeks. You asked when was he ever injured by a hit. You can't count or discount injuries to make your points valid. Your last sentence is silly. So you have to have cracked ribs to be injuired?

#99 JETFUEL1580, Oct 26, 2022
  20. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You said he would be broken the first time he took a huge shot. He didn't break when he got clobbered scoring the TD against Miami and that was a big hit. But Zach jumped right up afterwards. He's not as delicate as some would have you believe.

KY Jets Fan likes this.