Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I'm not ready to get rid of Zach. Not even close, but I do very much believe he needs to play better...

Jets79 likes this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If Macc and Bowles got extensions, this is a no doubter.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yesterday it was the altitude, last week it was the rain, next week it will be Bill Belichick and the week after? well its the Bills and they are good.

Jets79 likes this.
  4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

The man literally had a DL in his face and youre talking about stepping into a throw? Thats someone who has no idea what theyre talking about. That's how you get hurt.

Then youd be here saying he has to protect himself and get rid of the ball quicker.

Geez he ran for his life yesterday. Continuity is major on an Oline. To have thay disrupted with your best oline out in the middle of the game is a hard adjustment to make. Its not as plug and play as people think.

Acad23 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I almost got the feel he was trying to hit Corey on the dig and was trying to get the ball over the underneath defenders and just sailed it a bit. Not sure though.

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Or.......it could be your OC!!!!! Hes not good at all. He does this team no favors. I dont know how many times ive pointed out flaws in this play design.

7. BrowningNagle

Cool, another excuse for Zach Wilson. I forgot about the coordinator

8. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

you are making excuses expecting poor play...does he need to improve most definitely, tell me do enjoy winning? He has played behind a makeshift line and we are 5 and 2. I want to see him get better but you need to take into account everything going on. as a previous poster said about his strides it is easy to look at film of one player and pick out flaws, but we dont know if that pass was supposed to go deeper.
    Zach needs to get better I agree with that but he really only played one year and and has shown improvement because we are winning and he is not turning over the ball. can we see how the season plays out before we write him off.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I hear you and agree with your points. I think they are safe this year and next. But a playoff appearance this year will get them a much longer credit in NY market.

Look don't get me wrong I am super excited about the possibility of a play off spot but I am also curious to see if Zach can take over a game and show us he can be the reason we are winning. I rather see this sooner than later. Conservative game plan works for wins and I am loving it. But not seeing if Zach is the long term answer is bothering me a little bit.

10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You cant think hes good do you? Moore might not have handled his situation properly but he wasnt wrong. I would suspect that hes not the only player to call out MLF. I think a vet offense would have had him excommunicated already.

11. BrowningNagle

LaFleur has his ups and downs but hes not the one running backwards for no fucking reason after the snap. That's not how LaFleur designed it and that's not how the other QBs have ran his offense

REVISion likes this.
  12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

No one was really lighting it up on the Denver d, I’ll give it a few more weeks, although he certainly isn’t trending to the upside

zace likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

All very valid reasons. I know, you call them excuses, but when you ask a question and get a reasonable, not unproven, answer, that's part of the rules of discussion. Oh, BTW, there was also the matter of very high, swirling winds yesterday - Denver's kicker missed a PAT and a FG because of it.

Noam likes this.
  14. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

The reality is that this is a team that could easily be 8-6 after the Detroit game and that is assuming they split with NE, which is no easy task. Sure they could beat the Vikings in Minn but I don't think they match up well unless Cousins has a brain fart and throws 3 picks.

To make the playoffs may come down to beating 2 of 3 Jax, @ Sea and @ Mia.

I would love to see them make the playoffs but they need to steal unexpected wins. I'd rather they develop Wilson and see if they can get Moore's head on straight.

Noam likes this.
  15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Hes running backwards because people are in his face. Lmao flacco woulda been sacked 10 times yesterday. We were in rodgers face a week ago, howd he look? Pedestrain at best. Took an unreal throw just to score a TD. Just tells me that people dont really understand the game at all. Rodgers himself said it best, teams are dropping 2 guys deep when they see pass plays. Defenses are specializing packages to personel. Thats why the carter hall package worked so well....they didnt know who to cover.

Now you lose that, lose your best Oline player and empty your backfield constantly........how do you think thats gonna play out? Whos at fault for that? Theres no ups and downs, MLF has been terrible all season and ive said it since week 1. All his routes are deep or screen. Look at the WR route usage charts out there. Plays either take too long to develop or at the LoS. Too much PA even tho its not working and too many empty sets. This puts a team at a detriment. When the defense knows its pass, they go after the qb and drop 2 men deep. But he needs more than 2 seconds to execute.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

WTF??? Let's see you in Zach's shoes when the ball is snapped and 3 or 4 DL are immediately in your face. I think you might see some "reason" then.

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

These arent robots or video game characters. These things matter as you pointed out. This isnt just for Zach, the altitude affected the lineman most. Hell it affected Denvers players too. Thats why that last pass from Rypien looked so pathetic. He was gassed. If there was a game to pound the rock, this was it. Wear the defensive line down then pass later.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

With respect, no, he is not.

Watch the next game and think about this conversation. The tackles are riding the edge rushers back, which is fairly common. Wilson is indecisive, he goes backwards or side to side into the rush. Most instances he is bringing the rush into his face on his own accord.

He needs to get the ball out quicker or step up into the pocket. Maybe running around like a jackass back there worked at BYU. It doesnt in the NFL

19. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

Have you seen the stats for every other QB who played the Broncos this year? They're all pretty much like Zack's (with a similar QBR and yards/attempt), with the sole exception being Geno Smith, who had a good game, but played them in Seattle, not at Mile High. Mile High gives the Broncos a serious home field advantage. The Jets also scored more points than any other team playing in Mile High this year (most other teams scored around 10 points there). Maybe you just have to acknowledge that the team you're playing against has a very good defense and we managed to escape it with a win while getting hit with devastating injuries and losing key playmakers in the 2nd half. Did our QB play a good game? No, but neither has any other QB this year who played them in Mile High. There might come a time to give up on Zack Wilson, but after a Win at Mile High stadium where the Jets got hit with devastating injuries, the O-line had awful pass protection constantly letting free runners at Zack and where every other QB has struggled, it seems like an overreaction to me. Lets see what he does against the Pats and the Bills the next 2 weeks. Without Hall, they'll have to give him a little more freedom.

ColoradoContrails and zace like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

That is not the case and you know it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.