Can our passing game get going?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Oct 19, 2022.

1. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

It appears the Jets defensive success will dictate how the offense plays. And why not? If the defense is controlling the game and tempo, 3 yards and a cloud of dust should be enough to give the Jets a decent chance of winning games. It may be hard to believe, but there are other ways to win games than throwing deep passes on every other play. In addition, this system makes wide outs who are not team players expendable.

Br4d likes this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Another forecast I looked at just now is saying 60s, with rain. I'm not surprised. In any case, conditions won't be very conducive to a passing attack. Nor will Denver's defense which has only allowed 6 TDs - combined - in 6 games. I doubt MLF gets real liberal with the passing game. Expect more of what we've seen the past 3 weeks. But if it leads to a win, that's great.

Br4d likes this.
  3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Just reading through these posts I have one question

is it Zac, Zack, or Zach??

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

Zach.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's ZW.

KingRoach likes this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Damn, I thought you would have gone with the #2 joke

Let me down tbh ;)

7. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Can all of you dingbats complaining about me and my thread please shove your complaints far up the unknown. This is EXACTLY what I saw coming. Now we're in the 2nd half and Zach is NOT at least so far pulling his weight. So once again, please SHUT UP.....

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  8. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

That's a great look there, Chief

Lon Chaney likes this.
  9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It wasn't going to get going today. Broncos D has done it to other QB's before today.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

When Michael Carter is your leading receiver... there may be a problem.

NYJ1970 likes this.
  11. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

Zach looked terrible today. Best thing you can really say is he didn't make any crippling mistakes.

REVISion and JetFanInPA like this.
  12. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

The immortal Justin Herbert attempted 50 passes last week with 0 td passes. So yeah.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

Zach went 16/26/121; no T.O.s; another win on the road in a tough environment against the #3 defense. Was he great? No. Does he need to improve his accuracy? Yes. But he's playing smart football and they're winning. All that said, he does need to elevate his game now with Breece out. People need to back off the ledge.

AtlantaJet and cval like this.
  14. hobgoblin

We're winning in spite of him, not because of him. You can't be missing guys who are wide open by 5+ yards, and he does that multiple times per game. I'm not typically a darksider but IDK how you couldn't be discouraged after these last two games.

15. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Yup. Sucks for him too because it's becoming put up or shut up time, and he has to do it against NE and BUF the next three games.

NYJ1970 likes this.
  16. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Running around like a chicken with his head cut off is not smart football. They play that had to be reviewed where they rules him down by contact was total clown shoes. And then when he flips the ball forward while trying to run out of bounds.

17. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

The team needs to find more ways to get GWilson the ball. I like what they did towards the end of the game, but the kid can create space and make tough catches (e.g. balls thrown above him, behind him, low...) so only using him for WR screens is silly.

We should also be throwing to the TEs more. I understand that they need to help with pass protection, but a lot of OCs have figured out how to exploit that. Have them block and release; chip a blitzer then run into the open space for an easy catch, etc.

If Moore is brought back (which shouldn't be soon) he also needs to be put into a position where he can create space and get the ball. It's not like he hasn't done it before.

Coaches also have to get in ZWilson's ear more. He needs to calm down a little. Step up more than run around 20 yds behind scrimmage. Use that shiftiness in the pocket to his advantage.

I'm not sure what kind of game planning is going on. I know we're enjoying the best season we've had in...a decade? but it feels like the wheels will come off quick and hard when we face a remotely challenging team and our young players will not develop much with this level of coaching.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Lots of high throws today, reminiscent of the beginning of last season. He looked like he was trying to do too much, also reminiscent early 2021.

Saleh is going to have him wrapped in Teflon and bubble wrap next week, but we don't have the bell cow RB to make it work.

PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  19. hobgoblin

He needs to put some serious time and effort into his footwork and mechanics.

His arm is excellent and it's looking like he's getting better at reading a D but he just makes so many terrible throws.

REVISion likes this.
  20. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

The Jets should offer the Rams a 6th for Akers.

But they also have MC, he is no slouch