Can our passing game get going?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Oct 19, 2022.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That isn’t what he said. He isn’t praising Zach for those passes.

If you add two passing touchdowns to Zach’s stat line vs Miami the OP would be singing a different tune about our passing game bc he would see the gaudy numbers. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that’s all the OP cares about.

Back to back 15 point wins aren’t enough for him. Needs 250+ passing and 3 passing scores

2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

A QB still gets praised for making the right read and a good enough throw to let the runner catch the ball in stride, so miss me with that shit.

Second, he put the team on his back in the FOURTH quarter of the Pittsburgh game. That same Pittsburgh team just beat Tampa Bay while they were missing key starters all over the defense so again, miss me with that shit.

Guess we can’t compliment Zach unless he’s throwing dimes into triple coverage 60 yards downfield where only the receiver can get it.

Not every throw needs to be a highlight reel play for me to say “Good job”

This fuckin board man.

#62 NYJFOREVER, Oct 19, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

This board isn’t ready for another Jets win this Sunday when Zach doesn’t throw for 250+.

Herbert threw 57x on MNF for less than 250 and no touchdowns.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

He hasn't thrown at that altitude with these players. It will be an adjustment...maybe not as much for him, but still an adjustment. Weather now looks like just rain, but it will come in suddenly so expect windy, wet, and fast dropping temps - all not good for a passing attack.

Noam likes this.
  5. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

G. Wilson is a definite #1 WR. He needs to stretch the field more with his speed. Moore is the epitome of a slot receiver.

Please note that I never mentioned who is more talented, that one is on you. I’m just stating that MLF should use who he has more efficiently.

azhar80, burf and PennyRoyal10 like this.
  6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

You mentioned wanting Moore to get more snaps in the slot despite:

A: G is currently in the slot.
    B. G is performing very well in the slot.

The implication is that Moore will be taking snaps from G (since that’s where G is ligning up)

Now you mention Wilson needs to “stretch the field with his speed” despite Moore having a better 40 time. Oh vey.

Moore is in fact faster than G but G is quicker than Moore (as shown in their 10yard splits). I’ll give you 1 guess which position is better suited for “quicker” WRs.

Noam likes this.
  7. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I am not getting into a continual back and forth with you. We are both entitled to our own opinions.

Our passing game has been so outstanding so who cares that a valuable player like Moore is becoming disgruntled. I am a fan, plain and simple. Unlike many here, I don’t have all the answers. Please note the title of this thread. That is my opinion.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Play-action to Breece or Carter "should" open up some passing lanes and downfield opportunities.

As sketchy as Zach can be... the play-calling is doing him no favors.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

But of course you know the answer to that is, “ Yes but he is a good QB, stats be damned”. LoL. /s
    Frankly all of us know Zach has a way to go, and it will not happen instantly, but I having a blast watching him grow and pay zero attention to some of the assessments on Zach Wilson, where they go out of their way to point out every negative to a fault, down to the nat ass even on winning plays, and quickly dismiss all positive as easy, wide open, short pass, the receiver did all the work, or better, don’t even mention the good plays at all. Four quarters of quote “NFL level QB “ or not, he is a big part of every fucking win so far. The team needs to help him get better thru coaching and effective schemes so we can keep on winning.
    Incidentally, the four quarter standard the latest reason to bitch, because he is winning, and in todays NFL those dream performances for 4 quarters are super hard to come by, even for great NFL QB starting with Jackson, Herbert, Russel Wilson, AR, Brady, even the mighty Josh Allen or even Mahomes. The only thing that matters to me is do what it takes to keep winning, the rest is noise.

JetFanInNE, burf, NYJFOREVER and 3 others like this.
  10. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

After 2nd BUF game. I’ll respond. peace!

NYJFOREVER and Jets69 like this.
  11. KingRoach

Cool. To be clear, my opinion is that based on the measurables (who is quicker and who can get down the field faster) the coaches have our WRs playing at the right positions. It is also my opinion that Moore is not disgruntled. Cheers

12. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

No complaints winning football games via smash mouth football, especially when you play the majority of your late season games in a colder climate, making passing conditions less than ideal. Da Bears dominated the NFC in the 80s playing this type of football, while QB Jim McMahon put up pedestrian passing numbers. Breece, Jets OL and DEF may not yet be as prolific Sweetness and da Bears OL & DEF of the 80s, but the formula seems to be working well for this Jets team. And if they continue to improve, it should keep the pressure off Zach and the passing game, opening up more opportunities downfield eventually.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Zach's been okay so far this year. Not good enough to, say, deserve a second contract if he's still like this in a couple years from now. But he's better than he was last year, and if in a year from now, he's improved as much as he did between last year and now (assuming he really has improved and doesn't go out there and throw three picks Sunday), he'll be good enough to be our franchise QB.

14. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

You gameplan for your opponent. The strength of Green Bay's defense is pass defense, same goes for Denver. Zach has made the big-time throws needed to win games. Show some patience. Zach is progressing just fine AND the team is winning!

15. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

He needs to pass that spiked Kool aid or dispensary gummies... I thought 7-10 was a huge step forward before the season, now I'd say they have an outside shot at 10 but 11-12??? lol

16. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Obviously, the QB is important in the passing game, & Zach will have to step up when the running game is stifled.
    However, he doesn't pass to himself. The receivers haven't been getting open as often, & a couple of them aren't being used effectively. Moore should be in the slot more often, & GW outside. In other words, MLF needs to open his eyes, & step up. The most promising thing I've noticed about Zach, is he's learning NOT to pass to receivers, when they're not creating separation. So, I guess the misuse of Moore & GW is helping Zach become a better QB.

17. burf

burf Well-Known Member

And who is taller, jumps higher, has longer arms, etc. That's who should be stretching the field, when it needs to be stretched. Moore is more suited to the slot, thus, he should be there more often. They can each do both, but maximizing each players' skillset, would open up the passing game, rather than relegating Moore to the role of decoy, as he's been utilized thus far this season.

papapump likes this.
  18. KingRoach

No worries bro. You think one thing; trained professionals and i think otherwise.

To me, the answer to your question is simple: get a more experienced QB. The one we have this year hasn’t even played a full season. I bet we’ll have a more experienced QB by the time playoffs roll around.

In the meantime, the professionals will probably continue to game plan for wins as well as getting their inexperienced QB some experience.

19. burf

burf Well-Known Member

LOL... dreams.

joe likes this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

OMG. Common sense detected. How could you be so reasonable.
    Apparently winning is not nearly enough anymore, and patience is certainly not a virtue with Jet fans. Win or loose there is always something to bitch about.