Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Zach needs to get better. There's a lot to like about the idea of Zach. He's smart. He works hard. He has a big arm. He's really athletic. His teammates seem to like him.

He's cut down on the turnovers, which is nice. At some point, he will need to throw for some touchdowns though. I get that he's rushed for a bunch and even caught one, but his passing touchdown numbers are abysmal for a starting QB. Eventually, that will need to change. Hopefully, it will. He's got a high ceiling.

Brook! likes this.
  2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

These days, one man’s hyperbole is another man’s truth

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So, which is it? Is the LaFleur "system" keeping Wilson from becoming the player he is destined to be, or is Wilson holding back the advancement of that system because he's not capable of operating it fully?

Jojo likes this.
  4. KingRoach

Moore is open in the 1st pic and the receiver at the top of the screen is open in the second.

*I am happy with ZW and his progression to date but let’s not pretend he’s a seasoned vet making all the right reads.

Ralebird likes this.
  5. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

No doubt effective and consistent QB play seems to be the missing link to the Jets becoming a more complete and balanced team. Hard to say if Zach is at the point of his development where he can carry this team, if need be. On the other side of the ball, the defense will need to keep it close if Zach begins to struggle. If the Jets rushing game and defensive unit continue to trend upwards, this should make Zach's job a little easier than it has been, which should eventually translate into better passing numbers.

Jets79 likes this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

They gotta figure a way to scheme our receivers open.
    I think it's a little of both...
    ... but then again I thought the defensive scheme was total nonsense after three weeks into the season... and look how that's been clicking.

7. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

An occasional light drizzle. Not great conditions sure, but hardly excuse worthy.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

You are allowed to post her pic here because we need to attach it to "Fuck Face"
    Then, get back on topic fellas....

but just 1 pic...:D:D

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Don’t really care about what the tweet said.

Look at the pictures in the tweet, he posted an entire chain of tweets that shows the Jets receivers smothered by GB defensive backs all game long.

Plus, the flow of the game didn’t need Zach to throw the ball. He should’ve thrown it less than 18 times. The Jets were beating the crap out of GB in the trenches.

#169 NYJFOREVER, Oct 19, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
    NCJetsfan and bicketybam like this.
  10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

If you say so......[​IMG][​IMG]

11. NYJFOREVER

Could maybe make an argument for the 2nd picture if you make a perfect throw. Odds are very high that the safety is making a play on that.

12. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The safety is staring down Wilson. That would be a very risky pass and I certainly wouldn't say the play was "open." So I definitely agree with you.

NCJetsfan, NYJFOREVER and KY Jets Fan like this.
  13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I will maybe give you top of the second pic because it was 1 on 1. Moore was not open.

14. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

So just to summarize- you can’t judge Zach on his lack of TD passes, you can’t judge Zach on his poor completion %, you can’t judge Zach’s inaccuracy, you can’t judge his lazy mechanics….

you can judge him on his milf conquering skills, you can judge him on his super strong arm, and you can judge him on his awesome intangibles that you can’t see on display, but they’re so intangibly awesome that he’s clearly amongst the elite QB’s already and doesn’t need to throw TD’s or even complete all that many passes at all. How can anyone see anything but awesomeness exuding from him?

Jets-N-Terps likes this.
  15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

In that light then I guess we should never judge you on the quality of your posts?

I will offer some unsolicited advice. If your going to be difficult about it choose your time and place. When we are on a 3 game win streak is not the time and place. I am sure there will be lots of adversity this year where people will want to panic and jump off bridges. I would save your fine insightful posts for those times. People might be a lot more receptive to brandishing pitchforks and killing their neighbors when everything appears to be burning down around them. It is quite possible things look a lot different after three consecutive games against NE, Buffalo and NE. That might be a much better opportunity for you to spread panic and fear.

#175 Noam, Oct 19, 2022
  16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Nania Grades every throw by Zach Wilson against the Packer's and gives him his worst grade in 8 games since the NO game. Hard to disagree with the grades on any of these throws. What really bothered me was Wilson's lack of confidence, presence and poise throughout the game with the exception of his last 4 throws. But, if this his worst game every 8 games that is not a bad low.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/10/19/grading-every-zach-wilson-throw-vs-green-bay-packers/

#176 Noam, Oct 19, 2022
  17. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Zach is what? 16/17 games in? I was thinking about this last night, how would y’all
    Compare WHAT YOU’VE SEEN ONLY from Zach vs. Sanchez and Darnold @ this same point in their Tenures?

18. NYJFOREVER

Turns the ball over significantly less than those guys did, which is a huge step. His arm talent is way better than either of those guys.

He strikes me as a rhythm passer, especially at this point in his career. I think MLF needs to do a better job of scheming him some very easy throws early in the game. The Jets didn’t call a screen until the third quarter.

19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Pretty fair assessment. I am not sure about his grading system but from what he wrote I only disagree on one play. He missed two tight window throws to GW on the sideline and a stupid throw it up fro grabs play. The passing gaming and play calling started cooking at the end but they just did not need it.

It is hard to watch that breakdown and say Zach is horrible. It is a really big leap. If Zach makes those throws to GW we would be calling him elite. Zach is not yet elite but he is better than a Jag and more importantly better than Flacco.

20. KingRoach

2024 ZW is making both those throws

#180 KingRoach, Oct 19, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.