2022 - Week 6: New York Jets at Green Bay Packers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 10, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2022.
  1. Jets

48.3%
  2. Packers

51.7%
  1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Feel like this is another all white game for us then with GB going all green.

Woody will probably announce it on social media sometime today.

2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

This is a real toss up for me

GB is a bit of a mess right now and those receivers don’t scare me much. Still, Rodgers is still one of the best to ever do it and he can get hot anytime.

talent wise I think we match up ok and I think we can certainly pull out a win here from a straight talent point of view.

to me it’s the intangibles that I’m concerned about. For example,

- we are playing a desperate team that views itself as a super bowl contender and they just lost to a supposedly inferior team. They have a great QB who will be highly motivated to bounce back

- lambeau is still lambeau, and especially for our young players it may be a bit of an awestruck type experience…that can motivate us to greatness or it can intimidate us…we’ll see

- I’m a bit concerned about some of the hype we’re getting…yes we are looking better, yes Zach is 2-0, yes we have momentum…all true. But still, we are only 3-2 not undefeated so while I love that the team is starting to believe, I worry that it goes to our head a little bit

- we may not be the same old jets, but I’ve been watching this team since the 1970s and it’s uncanny how many times we lose games we are expected to win and vice versa. Very unpredictable team. Maybe that works for us since we are underdogs here

so my head says talent-wise and momentum-wise I think we win, but my heart says the intangibles favor GB and we lose

tough game to call

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I know it was talked about heavily before the season started but is anyone actually getting out to Green Bay for the game? Let me know, I’m heading out there with the family and some other season ticket holders in our group. Going to do the tour of Lambeau Saturday, and the game on Sunday.

MoWilkBeast, Acad23 and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  4. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

We had the Garret Wilson game. Last week was the Breece Hall game. This will be the Elijah Moore game

5. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

nice! hes also losing valuable practice reps with a receiving group that he doesnt have much experience with

6. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

After a couple days... this game doesnt give me the willies any longer... this is winnable...

these kids DGAF about SOJ misery....

i think the odds are approaching 50/50..

like last/ week people are giving GB too much respect. They are NOT THAT GOOD.

Look at where they stand in team offense and defense.

Someone earlier was reminiscing about Jets v GB... I remember one vividly b/c it was the day I began this affair that lasted JUST THAT NFL season
    and preceded my move west to California in December 2000.

We drove from Buffalo to Niagara on the Lake. Stopped at a bar/rest to watch the game. 1st of the season , a win.

Anyway... there is also no way its better if they'd won over the pond.

7. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Have fun dude. That sounds like it's gonna be a hell of an experience.

8. JETFUEL1580

Jets can win this game. I know it's a silly concern, but I was thinking about it leading up to this game. Zach is still a young maturing QB. I hope Zach continues to stay within the offense and make the right plays as he did last Sunday and in the 4th quarter against the Steelers. My biggest concern for him is trying to show out or try to match his idol Aaron Rodgers with risky throws. That would be disastrous for our offense especially being on the road. Again, perhaps it's a slight over thought.

papapump and KY Jets Fan like this.
  9. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

KY's Keys to the Game:

Jets DL vs Packers OL
    The Jets DL is coming off of it's most impressive performance of the season. After accruing 21 pressures, 16 QB hits, and 2 sacks against Skylar Thompson and the Dolphins, there is some reason for optimism that the DL has finally "broken out" and is hitting it's stride. On the opposite side of the ball, the Packers OL has only allowed 11 sacks so far this season (2.2 a game) and only has a 21.7% pressure rate on the season. If the front 4 can get home on their own against a good OL, it could allow Ulbrich to drop more guys into coverage and make things as difficult as possible on Rodgers by clogging up throwing lanes. In the Packers 3 wins, they've given up 5 sacks total, in their 2 loses, they've given up 6. Getting 2-3 sacks on Rodgers could be a big factor in this game.

To add to this, Rodgers CAY (average completed air yards) is last in the NFL at 3.5 and he has the 2nd fastest time to throw at 2.4 seconds. In other words, the Packers are doing a lot of dinking and dunking this year. Blitzing them seems to be a recipe for getting torched if someone misses 1 assignment or tackle.

Keeping the Packers rush offense in check
    While the Packers WR room may not have the same star power as it's had in recent years, their RB duo is one of the better ones in the league with Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon. Jones is averaging 6.4 YPC which is the highest average in the NFL. AJ Dillon, while not as prolific as Jones, checks in with a respectable 3.9 YPC on the year. The Jets have to make sure that they don't allow Jones and Dillon to run roughshod over them, or it could be a long day at Lambeau for the D.

In the Packers 3 wins this year, they're averaging 156.3 rushing yards per game, in their 2 losses, they're averaging 105. That 156.3 number is also bogged down by the statistical anomaly which was their Week 3 matchup against the Bucs that resulted in a 14-12 win for the Packers where they only managed to gain 67 yards rushing. The Packers ran for 203 yards and 199 yards in their other 2 wins on the season. Find a way to hold the Packers to ~100 yards on the ground or less and I think we have a good shot.

"Win" the rushing battle
    Similarly to my previous key, the Jets have to establish the run game and "win" the rushing battle in this game. The Packers are allowing the 12th most rush yards per game at 126.4 YPG so it's not the worst unit but it's definitely one that is susceptible. They have also "won" the rushing battle (accumulated more rush yards than the opponent) in each of their 3 wins (203-180, 67-34, 199-167) and "lost" the battle in both of their 2 losses (111-126, 94-126).

Getting more yards on the ground than the Packers will also go a long way to helping with my final key.

Keep the pocket clean for Zach
    Similar to my first key but in reverse. PFF has Zach with the highest EPA per dropback while operating from a clean pocket but the worst while operating under pressure.

Establishing the run game early could allow Zach to operate from cleaner pockets by keeping the Packers D on their heels and negate the pressure that they could be able to generate otherwise.

Final stat to drive this key home, the Packers have 10 total sacks in their 3 wins (3.3/game) and only 2 in their 2 losses (1/game).

TLDR; generate natural pressure against Rodgers, keep Jones/Dillon in check, have more rushing yards than the Packers, and keep the pocket clean for Zach and I think we'll win this game. However, this will be easier said than done against a good Packers team at Lambeau.

SOJAZ, Lon Chaney, NYJFOREVER and 3 others like this.
  10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Is it too early for snow in Green Bay?

Lon Chaney likes this.
  11. JETFUEL1580

It never is

Pepsiguy5, stinkyB, Cman68 and 3 others like this.
  12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

13. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'm considering it but will probably just stay home. It's a great experience though.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Enjoy

Lon Chaney and NY Jets68 like this.
  15. twown

twown Well-Known Member

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We need to slow down Cobb & Lazard just like we did with Hill & Waddle...

17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

But we didn't slow down Hill and Waddle

cval and Acad23 like this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

NY Jets68, Brook!, stinkyB and 2 others like this.
  19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Jets need to jump out early in this game. Rodgers will 100% start pressing and who knows, the crowd may even start turning on them.

cval and stinkyB like this.
  20. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Keeping the white jerseys/black pants vibes going. I like it!!!

Brook! and Noam like this.