2022 - Week 5: New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 2, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 9, 2022.
  1. Jets

56.1%
  2. Dolphins

43.9%
  1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am convinced some of them only post for attention even if it is just negative attention which is why I think we should never directly respond to them and give them the attention they want. It only encourages more bad behavior. When they can post like adults then it might be appropriate to have conversations but that is a long ways off for some of them. In my dream scenario for the TGG they would be removed from the general population and given their own subsection of the forum where they could post and fight among themselves. I would call it a Lord of the Flies scenario, which would be a good name for the forum subsection, and and appoint DWC to moderate. They would get the attention they want and we would get a nicer, positive and more intelligent forum and DWC would get a place to make long long posts with lots of his special formatting along with people for him to play (fight) with.

#301 Noam, Oct 11, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Hmm. Whats more unrealistic.

Thinking we can shut down Tyrek Hill and Jaylan Waddle cause were such a good defense.
    or
    Thinking we shut them down because they had a 7th round pick, practice squad QB, getting thrown in the game after 1 play?

westiedog1 and stinkyB like this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

My two cents. Brady Quinn was never in his wildest dreams as good as Wilson is already. He couldn’t throw half of the passes in Wilson’s repertoire. He is another in the long list of highly touted come out of the big school QB that didn’t amount to crap. He has no business passing judgement on something he totally failed in at the NFL level. Stick to college ball Brady.

#303 LAJet, Oct 11, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  4. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I don't get the hate for Joe Douglas by anyone on this board.

He has won all of his trades by a large margin and the last two draft classes were great. We can disagree on Zach and agree on this.

Douglas has been the most competent GM in this teams history.

LAJet, KingRoach, bicketybam and 2 others like this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Neither is "unrealistic"...

And that's where the debate should be centered... because the fact is Hill & Waddle didn't get their usual yardage against us.
    It's even more clear when you look at the average yards per catch.

If I wanted to make the point that Hill & Waddle "weren't slowed down"... I'd point to the 3rd string qb that was under center for Miami.

It may not be a valid argument... but it's better than the one @Ralebird is trying to make.

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

With the exception of Weeb Ewbank (who was GM/HC).

7. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Injuries happen how many O tackles have we lost, we lost our starting qb for 3 games this yr. Next man up. I get what your saying that is where coaching comes in. It puts players into a position to succeed. It is up to the player to execute, but dont put the players down for executing the game plan against anyone out there.
    It would be worse if they lost against the qb .
    It was up to Miami to put Waddle and Hill into positions to succeed and they did not. Whether thru poor execution or the Defense taking away that facet of the game plan.
    Look at the first drive of the 3rd quarter Miami came out and drove the ball down the field, the Jets adjusted again and Miami did not. Was this the defense adjusting or Miami reverting back?
    17 -19 the Jets then came out and strip sack and scored 3 straight times even if Mia's offense sucked 21 unanswered points is hard to explain away because of poor Miami offensive play.

The fins should have run more Jet sweeps with Hill and short passes, but the qb had no time that was not on him but their Oline did not help. SO not entirely on their rookie qb.
    That said lets keep the momentum up for Green Bay that is an indicator of what this team is and can be. I dont expect them to win but they need to show and execute

Jets79 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

It is funny the Packers struggle with the Pats rookie back-up going into overtime Belicheat is a genius. The Jets blow out the Dolphins in the fourth quarter and the Jets got lucky?

McDaniel did what he had to do with hand he was dealt. The Jets were just the better team. With Teddy, they would have thrown the ball more leading to wider margin of victory for the Jets.

KingRoach, Lon Chaney and bicketybam like this.
  9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Miami scored a whopping 17 points. The Jets defense did something right.

And for the record I don't think you are a hater. I think you are a contrarian.

10. bicketybam

I think we used a great defensive scheme to limit their impact on the game. If that's delusional, so be it.

KY Jets Fan and Acad23 like this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Great point. I re-lived that painful lesson yesterday hopefully for the last time. Is exhausting and not worth the effort since there is zero desire by some posters to support any kind of fair and objective position on this team. That is not their motivation or goal, it’s simply to take the opposite viewpoint to stir controversy. They will never, ever have a positive take on anything, quickly downplaying it and moving on to the negative, be it real or mostly imaginary. Not unlike some of the media crap we get to read about the Jets from people like NFL QB HO Shame candidate Brady Quinn for starters.

12. bicketybam

Avoid the game day threads like the plague. Do not be tempted to check in!

That said I would like to see the game day threads kept open so comments can be made once the game is over. That would be fun

13. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

To me, the game plan was the right game plan because we won the game. Period.

we held two explosive receivers to below their normal averages. Whether that’s due to a rookie QB or defensive scheme and if it meant being less strong against the run so be it. We won.

next week at Green Bay I would expect maybe a different game plan because they don’t have receivers of the caliber of Hill and Waddle and the run is a bigger part of GBs offense despite Rodgers.

so we’ll see.

min the end, the players JD brought in deleverage’s…AVT, Hall, Sauce, Reed, etc. well
    Done by the GM

the game plan by the coaches was the right game plan…we won in a blow out. Ok against a rookie QB but it was the blitz call and play that created that situation. Well done by the coaches

I love being on the right side of a blowout…it’s been a while

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Game day threads are emotional reactions. I will not hold posters to their game thread posts.

15. bicketybam

In all fairness though some of those reactions are akin to a 10 year old's. Incomplete pass = Jets suck, fire everyone.

MoWilkBeast, Noam and cval like this.
  16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Well from the way you worded your original post it seemed you thought the Jets were gifted the safety.

Most penalties are judgement calls and the judgement, that the TE was actually a blocker at the time and there was not a realistic chance it could be competed, was correct.

Show that video to 100 people and I doubt you get one to say it realistically could have been completed.

Noam likes this.
  17. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

Good point. OTOH, the only reason their practice squad QB was playing was that our defense made a thunderous sack for a safety that knocked Bridgewater out of the game.

Five games into the season, all teams have injuries. Our starting QB was out for the first four games too. And just about every tackle on our roster. A good team isn't the one that beats the opponents when everyone on both teams is healthy; a good team is one that has enough playmakers that they can keep finding ways to win even when both sides are missing lots of starters in a sport where big strong guys keep hitting each other.

18. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I consider myself pretty pragmatic and a realist when it comes to the Jets. During the game day threads I want to Fire everyone after every bad play.

KY Jets Fan and Noam like this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Actually I totally agree with both of you. Yes game threads are emotional reactions, and yes I tend to stay away from them because I’m too quick to emotionally react

cval and Noam like this.
  20. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Game threads are akin to watching the game with your buddies. Cheering the good plays, booing the bad ones. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Players, coaches, and GM's can go from heroes to losers to heroes again, from one down to the next. It's just like any group of fans watching at any bar, basement, or even at the stadium.