2022 - Week 6: New York Jets at Green Bay Packers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 10, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2022.
  1. Jets

48.3%
  2. Packers

51.7%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

We are 3-2 and coming off 2 wins in a row. Packers are coming off back to back losses. I think Packers will be super focused but to be honest, the Packers team I watch doesn't really scare me.

If we find a way to contain Rodgers in the pocket and lock down Lazard I don't see them scoring more than 21 points on us. Packers defense isn't anything special either. So we might really have a chance folks. What says you?

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

My flight lands Friday night, Lambeau/HOF tour Saturday, game Sunday. Proudly wearing my Zach jersey in enemy territory all three days. Hopefully I can wear it Monday morning too. But honestly, just compete and I’m happy.

PabloJa, ukjetsfan, LAJet and 5 others like this.
  3. Brook!

Where are you landing at? Chicago or Milwaukee?

4. BroadwayAaron

Chicago and driving to Green Bay. Much cheaper.

5. Brook!

Awesome.

My stupid week.

Flying to St Louis for business on Wednesday morning and getting back Friday night. I was hoping to go to this game but after a business trip, doing another flight on Saturday and coming back Monday looks exhausting. But if I do anything I will let you know so we hang together.

6. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

No doubt the Jets can win this. Just edging towards the Packers as they will be looking to bounce back after 2 losses and back in Lambeau. Toss of a coin though as the Packers look a way off being a force this year.

KY Jets Fan and Noam like this.
  7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

It is not always who you play but when you play them and this appears to be a bad time to play the Packers. We will get a very motivated Packers team that will give us their best. We have yet to play a full game on both sides of the ball. Hopefully it is this week and our first win against a non-backup QB. While I think a win is unlikely I never expected us to be 3-2 and a win here would be a huge going to Denver and then at home against NE with a 4-2 record and a chance to add to it. I will continue to pick against the Jets but with a little more optimism as we are playing with house money now.

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I didn't really focus on it much yesterday when watching the Giants, but if I remember correctly the Pats challenged the Green Bay WRs all day in press and man coverage and said go ahead and beat us. I would be shocked if we don't try to implement something similar. Our CBs should be able to contain those WRs, gonna come down to if we can stop Dillon and Jones early and keep them 3rd and long.

The Packers have given up the 2nd fewest passing yards in the NFL through 5 games but yet have allowed the most yards through the air on crossing routes. Should be interesting to see how we attack them.

LAJet, Noam and Brook! like this.
  9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I'm 1-3 since I decided I'll pick the opponent every week but the Jets are 3-1. So my pick is in and it's the Packers.

jixxjr, Noam and KY Jets Fan like this.
  10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Another great test for this young team.

Packers have a lot of talent on D, a very good OL, a great 1-2 punch in the backfield with Jones and Dillon, and of course a future HOFer at QB in Rodgers. Similar to what I said last week with the Dolphins game, keep this one close and the buzz and optimism with this team will continue to grow. If we go to Lambeau and get a W? I'll legitimately start to think a WC birth is on the table this season.

Also going to keep my train rolling...

Sheer optimism.

Jets 31
    Packers 27

SOJAZ and chandler like this.
  11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Keep it close going into the fourth we have a good chance to win.

NYJetsO12 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

Ironically, I’m about to leave for a business trip myself. Not thrilled about flying four times in less than one calendar week but after yesterday, I at least feel good about it.

Brook! likes this.
  13. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

On day 2 of recovery...one martini, two martini, 3 martini...floor! Daughters blowout wedding!

Somewhat comatose Sunday watched the Jets destroy the Fish...lovely.

Heading south this weekend. Grand Cayman only carries Miami sports and news.

Any suggestions how to stream the game would be welcome.

I vote Jets to win.

GO JETS. EAT SOME CHEESE HEADS!!!

donkey, KY Jets Fan and Brook! like this.
  14. Brook!

Check here my friend. We represented you well. Congrats on daughters wedding.

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/streams-for-jets-games.96122/

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

1019 - 0 Packers. Jets let a team led by a rookie qb hang for too long. Rodgers will slice, dice and be precise. He'll put the game away early.

16. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

So the Packers cover the spread?

17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I think the Jets are capable of winning. Do I think they will win? Probably not.

18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Have only watched GB once this year and that was yesterday. They certainly look beatable, Rodgers doesn't seem to be on the same page with most of the WRs

Hopefully 2 week of the same O line for back to back games helps

19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

There’s only 2 games left on the schedule that I look at and say, “There’s no chance they win this”.

The Jets will be competitive in this one. Green Bay has horrendous skill position talent and just gave up 27 points to a Giants team that is worse at every position on the offensive side of the ball.

Jets win 31-27

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You guys did see that RTP Brady call yesterday? Don't be surprised if Rodgers gets the same treatment. We can win, but we're gonna have to be smart and play smart. We'll be in Lambeau too so there's always that factor to consider. I'm hoping the Jets carry yesterday's 'tude with them next week. Can't be in awe of another GOAT QB. He puts his cleats on the same way everybody else does..

SOJAZ, KY Jets Fan and bicketybam like this.