Fant placed on IR

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Sep 27, 2022.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Some people wasted their boss's time by going back and digging up old posts

JetFanInNE likes this.
  2. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

It's easier when you work for yourself.

3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Freelance NFL GM?

Lon Chaney, cval and K'OB like this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yes, that is the second thing you got right.

Only one person on this site liked Jackson and it wasn't you, so you are hardly going to make me feel a cunt for not rating him highly at QB, considering 80% of GM's wanted him to change position, well, I'll let that sink in.

For your information, I asked about Allen and had a conversation with @legler82 about why he wasn't liked and was told that running QB's are a danger in the long run as they almost always end up having a shorter career.

The consensus choice was between Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield and out of those 3 I chose Mayfield but really I wanted Barkley but we all knew that wasn't going to happen.

I suppose you nailed that draft as well?

5. K'OB

He doesn't teach English lit that's for sure.

bicketybam likes this.
  6. Unhappyjetsfan

It would be hard to be worse than the Jets 2018 draft. Or is Maccagnan immune to criticism, too?

EDIT:
    Hold on ... half a page up you are criticizing me for thinking Darnold was the best possible QB selection in 2018 (and dismissing Allen) ... and then here you acknowledge that you also dimissed Allen and considered the same Top 3 QBs as I did (and as apparently the Jets and the vast majority of the league did) ...

... and somehow you think that exchange was a win for you? LMAO

#126 Unhappyjetsfan, Oct 7, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  7. K'OB

Do you actually have a brain? You do seem to like to leap about the place and not take it all in properly before splurging more garbage out via your keyboard.

Would you like it spelled out in large print for you to fully grasp?

I WANTED BARKLEY

I MADE A CHOICE OUT OF THE THREE CONSENSUS QB'S THAT HAD BEEN PUT UP AS THE CHOICE TO CHOOSE FROM.

Given three options to choose from Mayfield, Darnald or Rosen I picked MAYFIELD ( again I explained to you just a post or two back about being told running QB's were not a good choice, so Allen was not on the list and bar one person NOBODYconsidered Jackson a QB)

The win for me was you pulling up old quotes that in your haste to look smart were all completely wrong but you didn't really read them properly, failed to take in the clues, the sarcastic nature of the replies, the stuff in brackets, all things that screamed don't use these posts as an example but you did anyway.

Quite possibly one of the posts might have even been me having a little row with Waterboy about Allen's pass percentage, that would be quite ironic, no? :rolleyes:

This was in the last post you pulled from the past

'For the "1000th" time I think all of the 4 have faults and not one of them is a sure fire FQB and it is a massive risk whichever one gets selected but I remain with an open mind and don't really care which one we select as long as it is the one we want and not the sloppy seconds after somebody else has picked the QB that Mac actually thinks is the guy, as I would be surprised that 2 of the 4 end up as long term FQB's.'

Now, what is hard to understand about that?

I wasn't bothered which one of the 4 we picked as long as it was a one we wanted and not a second choice ie if we really wanted Mayfield and he went #1 then I didn't want Mac getting Sam just because.

and as for the 2nd bolded part, only one of them has become a FQB (again I will save you from putting Jackson down in yet another ill-thought-out reply, he wasn't considered in the slightest, bar one person, hence the choice of 4 QB's)

Also, I never said it wouldn't have been hard to have a better draft than the coffee addict, I asked if you nailed that draft as well?

You get back to your work and be a good boy, I'm going to bed.

8. Unhappyjetsfan

That's swell, but Barkley and Mayfield weren't available when we picked ... so of the quarterbacks that were available, did you prefer Darnold (like the rest of the world)? And if so, why are you criticizing me for preferring the same available player as you, Maccagnin and most of the NFL preferred? I mean, I realize you're trolling, but I just want to point it out to everyone who might be following along.

1 Sam Darnold QB USC
    3 Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma
    4 Jamarco Jones OT Ohio State
    6 Deon Cain WR Clemson
    6 Quenton Meeks CB Stanford
    6 Jeff Holland OLB Auburn

#128 Unhappyjetsfan, Oct 7, 2022
  9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You know what I didn't do? I didn't claim to be smarter than a bunch of GMs. I didn't go on and on about being such a great judge of talent. That you can't see the difference is really not surprising. Besides that, your reading comprehension could use some work.

#129 The Waterboy, Oct 7, 2022
    K'OB likes this.
  10. Unhappyjetsfan

I did neither of those things. What I did do was say the average college football fan could draft as well or better than the average NFL GM. And additionally, I said that talent evaluation was the least difficult part of being an NFL GM. I also said that it was a mistake to draft certain positions in the first round (defensive back and wide receiver) and further said I think trading up is almost always a mistake (unless you're trading up for a first round quarterback). Finally, I reiterated many times (when asked) that it would be almost impossible to draft worse than the Jets have (over the last 15 years).

Maybe it's your reading comprehension that leaves something to be desired?

11. K'OB

Oh, I am sure they understand fully.

The Waterboy likes this.
  12. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I disagree with the premise that WR and CB are not worth first round picks

while of course there are position values that are higher than others, I think that applies more to the top of the draft, say top 5 picks or so…QBs are the most valuable, and stud pass rushers as well as stud LTs. Those are probably top three. But especially in todays game, WR and CB are definitely up there as well and are deserving of first round picks.

I don’t agree that saying that of the playoff teams a bunch had second round receivers is really valid…chances are those playoff WRs were playing with pretty damn good QBs. But regardless, I don’t think many would argue that someone like The Bengals’ Chase wasn’t worth a first round pick. There are plenty.

anyway…carry on…just my two cents

13. K'OB

So does @The Waterboy and most other people bar the other unhappy person in the discussion lol

The Waterboy and FJF like this.
  14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

...hmmmm..........let's see..........

[​IMG]

- or -

[​IMG]

/end thread

15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I think you meant to reply to the dime store GM, Unhappy

Jets79 and LAJet like this.
  16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

@K'OB and @Unhappyjetsfan

Either cut it out or I will cut your dicks out before the Dolphins game. Geez. You guys are like 13 year old girls with the bickering.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

QB, WR and CB are good 1st round picks precisely because they are so expensive on the 2d contract. You want to find good ones and win before that economic debacle.

QB, WR and CB are terrible developmental picks, particularly in the 1st round, because if you spend 3-4 years developing them you don't get a chance to win with them before they are very expensive and then you can't win it all with them because the expense of keeping them thins out the rest of the roster.

Spending 3+ seasons to develop ZW means that the Jets will have a very narrow window to win it all because they're going to have to spend a lot on the second contracts for ZW (if he develops), Sauce and Garrett Wilson. They're also going to have to spend a lot on Elijah Moore if he's in the development cycle.

The economics of winning a Super Bowl in the NFL are extremely tight and they do not favor a team developing multiple key positions simultaneously for the reasons stated above.

Build most of the team and then acquire a veteran QB who is ready to go immediately (Rams). Draft a QB who you can get going in 2 seasons tops (Chiefs). Draft a ton of talent over a 2-3 year period and then have the QB fix himself (Bills).

What the Jets have tried to do over the last 5 seasons, give or take, is to draft a young developmental QB and also try to fix everything around him on the fly. This has been an almost total collapse scenario.

Now the Jets finally have a fair amount of young talent among the playmakers and the OL is in trouble. And they still have not developed the QB.

#137 Br4d, Oct 8, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
    LAJet likes this.
  18. K'OB

Bickering?

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

It is the day before Dolphins game, a crucial divisional game where we can step into relevancy and people come to Fant thread to see his status and they have to read your back and forth about Mayfield, Darnold, Barkley etc. What would you call it?

This is not moderator Brook. This is a TGG poster Brook.

20. K'OB

It is what it is mate, I'd say it was a defence of JD's drafting tbh, I thought that was obvious, I never brought any of those players into the conversation but things go off on tangents when people can't read posts properly ;)

Also, not only me pulling him up for his guff either :)

PS FANT IS STILL ON IR for anybody reading and wanting to know