Dolphins - Guarantee

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Oct 3, 2022.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Awwww, man. I really hope you come around.

2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Zach has a good game with a great 4th quarter comeback and he can not even give him props. He will not come around.

WilsonJetsFan, Noam and bicketybam like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Quite frnkly, I question whether you know how to properly evaluate QB play if you watched that game and concluded that Zach didn't play well when taking ALL aspects into account.

Noam likes this.
  4. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Despite what that bitter player from the Steeler's said, the Jets have a lot of talent. They just have to cut down on mental mistakes. For example, roughing the passer on a "Hail Mary" pass. That was one of the worst penalties I've ever seen.

On another note, Zach Wilson looked great in the 4th qtr. That was probably the best quarter of football he's played for the Jets. Hopefully, he will continue playing like that.

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Welp, there goes our chance of winning that game.

6. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they are missing their starting QB.

Noam likes this.
  7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

True, but Bridgewater is probably the third best QB we have faced and he does not have to throw it very far for Waddle and Hill to do damage. I am concerned about those two turning short passes into big plays. On the plus side we have only be been beaten by teams with star QBs. I guess this game will put that theory to the test.

SOJAZ likes this.
  8. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I was joking, lol. He's one of, if not the most negative poster on this forum. Makes Br4d look like all sunshine and roses

cval and Noam like this.
  9. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I hope your right and Zach can have a big game I’m thinking of starting him this week instead of Rodgers

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Why not. Good for a Turk. I’ll take Turks optimism and bold prediction a million times over the few absolutely negative members wherein everything short of a blow out, is trash, shit play, stepping on their dicks, blah. Blah blah, empty one liners as far removed from reality as Turks gutsy forecast. I seen solid teams like Buffalo, Miami, Raiders, and many more that had their backs against the wall and figured out a way to win after some ugly play calling and execution. And they get applauded. So we are two and two and improving every week. Fuck yeh. Nothing wrong with hoping.
    Of course if we loose we get ridiculed, but if we do win, we also get ridiculed via plenty of meaningless excuses as to why, not a complete game, two bad quarters, not good enough stats, we got lucky with this and that, all IMO irrelevant BS when you actually win the game.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Exactly, Bridgewater is not a bad QB so unless we play mistake free ball - I can not believe I said that - I am thinking this wik=ll be an L. Not to mention their HC is very good.. wouldn't be surprised if he takes our HC to the wood shed.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Every day...

13. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

When I shelled out for tickets to this game in July I fully expected to be watching an 0-4 or 1-3 Jets take a beating at the hands of the Dolphins. At that point the biggest question mark for me was what sort of food the tailgating bus was going to have on the menu. The Jets playing for a chance at a winning record after 5 games if they can beat the visiting fish with Teddy at the helm is not a scenario I envisioned. Let's go Jets!

Bridgewater okay but he is no Geno Smith!

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You lost me when you used the phrase “common sense” with that response

15. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

1) I have Waddle on my fantasy team. With Tua, he was racking up points. Sunday with Bridgewater, he was killin' me. Less than 10 points.
    2) Cincinnati beat Miami/Bridgewater by 27-15; they beat Jets/Flacco by 27-12. The games looked similar to me. If Miami/Bridgewater is roughly equal to Jets/Flacco, then upgrading Flacco->Zach means we have a real shot at winning.

NY Jets68, MoWilkBeast, ouchy and 2 others like this.
  16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Good.

So what’s the problem?

17. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

We play Rock Paper Scissors

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We do not know their HC is very good. Miami always beats the Pats, needed a miracle after getting blown out by Baltimore, stole one from the Bills at home in 100-degree heat and lost to Cinci.

This team is far from unbeatable They pulled out some close games and have a lot of explosive talent but they are not the Bills. We will win or lose a close one. I see the Jets winning on the last drive again getting our first home win of the season.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  19. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Your lips to God's ears. They have a pair of receivers that are downright scary, and are capable of humbling Sauce really quickly.

Jojo and LAJet like this.
  20. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Its nice to be in a position where someone can guarantee a victory, and it not be completely laughed at and ignored.

While maybe a little ambitious, a Jets victory is certainly not out of the realm of possibility. Hopefully the stadium is rocking, havent seen competitive October football in years.

Jojo and ColoradoContrails like this.