2022 - Week 4: New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 25, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 2, 2022.
  1. Jets

50.8%
  2. Steelers

49.2%
  1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Imagine if his teammates didn't hate him so much!:rolleyes:

Lon Chaney, PJ4Ever, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well he's a spoiled rich kid who's never faced adversity...

4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

#agedwell

5. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

We'll still welcome you back if/when too, chump.

#145 Ptflea2, Oct 2, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  6. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Oh...and fuck minkass fitzputrid

Brook!, Noam and KY Jets Fan like this.
  7. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Hey, we won the game. Happy Happy Joy Joy

8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I mean....how close was I????

SHEEER OPTIMISM!!!!

BradysTornACL, Brook!, cval and 3 others like this.
  9. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Good call KY. I've been pretty optimistic myself this season so far and it really doesn't even have anything to do with the Jets winning the two games they have. The real story to me is that a lot of these new players the team has added the last couple years just simply "look" like they are promising and going to be good. I mean just contrast the various skill players the Jets have now with the utter crap that was being put out there during the Darnold years. The difference in "feel" is unbelievable to me. On defense Gardner, Johnson, Kwon, Reed etc.. everywhere you look it looks to me like the Jets are just simply getting better players.

If Zach really keeps putting it all together and can stay on the field and the Jets can keep having draft results like the last couple years we may finally start to have something here.

10. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

For what it’s worth, Zach looked great and mostly because of q4. Football is hard, defenses are so good and our OL was banged up. He looked like a mini Josh Alen out there. If he can co tongue to run and slide. And also check down quicker, he will be great. Felt like he looked for the deep ball too much yesterday. We really do have a nice core base

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  11. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

during the game i as well thught we'd be picking top 3 again... i dont know if we will or not...

nice to win, make some plays

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

He started off surprisingly hot and then got tentative holding the ball and double clutching. He made some great throws in the first half and some head-scratchers. The announcers were pretty spot on in their assessment. Boomer Esiason was pretty funny at his halftime crtique. He said something to the effect, what did I just watch he was all over the place. Boomer being one of Zach's biggest critics did nothing but praise Zach this morning for what he did the 4th quarter.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  13. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I'm always happy to be wrong!

Zach showed promise in Q4, but overall we need him to be better with more completions and less turnovers.

Time will tell

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I thought Zach held it together pretty good considering he had no pocket to work with and was getting chased around.

These young receivers need to learn to come back to Zach when he's flushed out and give him a target.

Until the OL gives Zach some time in the pocket... we're not gonna see many long passes downfield or the best of what Zach can do.

15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I just watched the game for the third time. The jets dominated for 3 quarters of the game except for 30 seconds of the 2nd quarter and the 3rd quarter. They should have won going away. I can't say how damaging the INT was before the half. It completely changed the game.

The Jets almost lost the game in the Third quarter where they were dominated but dominated because of Jet offensive mistakes.

In the 3rd quarter Wilson was 2 of 8. Of those 6 incompletions two were a throwaways under pressure and the other 4 (2 by Wilson, one Conklin, one Hall) were drops. The biggest one being the game changing drop by Conklin costing us a TD. The Wilson and Conklin drops destroyed two drives the Hall drop did not end the last drive it was more the McDermott penalty putting them in third and long. It shows how a few drops and one bad throw can destroy three quarters of really good play. This is a game the Jets should have won by 20+ points.

In the 4th quarter Wilson was 10 of 12. The 2 in completions were one drop by Conklin and one bad pass by by Wilson to Hall in the flat (at the 10 yard line) where Wilson had bad mechanics pointing his foot to the left of the target and using all arm with no body. One inaccurate pass out of 20 on the 2nd half. That was a good half of football by Wilson.

#155 Noam, Oct 4, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I saw it similarly... mistakes by us were a problem.

I was impressed that the team was able to overcome them and continue to play hard.

That speaks to coaching and player resolve... which is a good sign.

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

CJ Uzomoah Talking with a Browns podcaster about the Pitt game and the Browns game. Hard not to like CJ.

Some really interesting tidbits in this podcast. One that made laugh was, coaches and FO sit 1st class but when the Jets win all the coaches and FO are moved to economy and the players get their seats as a reward. CJ said the 1st things one player said when the Jets won was 1st class baby.

#157 Noam, Oct 6, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    bicketybam likes this.
  18. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Mistakes have been an issue every game. That's the next step for this team to play a more complete game with minimal errors. They won't beat a good team or put away a weaker one without doing that.