Dear Jets Fans, enjoy the day...Next game Dolphins... Win and we are 3-2

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 2, 2022.

1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Trash? Not a very good football team? Come on. Zach was not trash he was rusty and inconsistent. The throws he made on the two scoring drives were not trash and he saved a lot of yards escaping the pocket. . He had a slump in the middle of the game then finished strong.

This is not a bad football team it is a young football team. This is how teams look as they are learning to take that step.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

What? Dude he was awful for three quarters and had two great final drives.

What are you talking about not a very good football team? Where did I say any of that?

Ralebird, NYJetsO12 and dawinner127 like this.
  3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

In another thread. What kind of critique is awful? His biggest critics at half did not say that, you know why because he wasn't awful. Hey, good job with your breakdown.

Noam likes this.
  4. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson has an opportunity to galvanize Jets fans if he were to lead them to victory against the Dolphins. I say this not in terms of this season, but the long-term vision while he is the starting Quarterback. Fans would really start to have faith in him.

Brook! and KY Jets Fan like this.
  5. HackettSuxTNG

I'm willing to cut him a break in this game. How much of the trash was the result of rust?

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

It would seem to be the case. For whatever reason, he saw the field much better in the fourth quarter and that could be because he settled in.

The fact that he didn’t fold like a lawn chair after playing poorly early on is huge.

7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

8. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I watched the last 2 drives again. Very, very impressive stuff from Wilson. ZW not only threw the prettiest balls I've seen from him thus far, he was also able to overcome the penalties and convert on 3rd and 4th downs. He put almost every throw right on the money, and a bunch through some really tight windows.

I'm hoping that the first 3+ quarters was him shaking off the rust. The physical talent is there; it's obvious. Let's hope he builds off this and brings it from kickoff next week.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

He was bad dude. It’s OK to say it out loud because he fixed it in the second half. I don’t know why everything around here can’t be said for what it is.

Did you watch the CBS half time show? They were discussing how poorly he played.

I just said I think he is going to play well against the Dolphins because he seemingly fixed everything he was struggling with early on. That’s not good enough for you?

10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I did and you might want to go back and listen to it because that is not what they said. He played awful is just a lazy post especially when he did not play awful he played inconsistent. We scored 10 points in the first half with a patched-up o-line against a very good defense. He did not play awful. He made some great throws went through a bit of a slump then played lights out. He did not play "awful" for three straight quarters.

Nyjets4eva and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Careful Vilma. You know who is taking receipts.

NYJetsO12 and stinkyB like this.
  12. bicketybam

His second INT was all on Conklin. It went right through his hands. Not off his fingertips. Right through his hands.

ColoradoContrails and cval like this.
  13. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

ALL ZACH
    NO FLACC!

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Wilson had a not so impressive return to action ...that's the big picture

The 4th qtr was pure Mormon magic

So now he's gotta clean up his act vs Miami or his 4th qtr window might not be there with a Fish team that can protect a lead

My confidence in Zach will really improve if he pulls out a win for us again

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The throw was too high. He still should have caught it but it wasn't a perfect pass.

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

it was a little high but too high? Zach had to throw that ball sidearm around a defender. Conklin has to catch that ball 10 out of 10 times.

ColoradoContrails and bicketybam like this.
  17. bicketybam

I never said it was a perfect pass. I said it went right through his hands. Maybe Conklin is a guy that can't catch a ball if he has to put his hands above head? Hopefully the coaches drill that into Zach. No balls above the head to that guy. Alligator arms.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  18. HackettSuxTNG

I'm sorry: I am not above criticizing Wilson when her deserves it: A professional Tight End should make that catch.

19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Speaking of TE's what is going on with CJ?

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Conklin had to jump and it still went off his fingers. It was an erratic pass that was still catchable. Pickett threw almost the exact same INT to their TE a drive later that helped us win the game.

Acad23 likes this.