Dear Jets Fans, enjoy the day...Next game Dolphins... Win and we are 3-2

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Great win today. This is a great start to the year. 2-2.

Next game is at home against Dolphins who just lost Tua... We got a chance.... Win and we are 3-2 and we can start talking about playoffs.

Be happy tonight. This was a great win!

2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

This forum needs more Optimistic Brook in it’s life.

I know I do anyway!

Great win today. It was ugly as sin but it’s still a win. Zach showed a lot in the 4th quarter. Still didn’t really play a great game IMO but he made plays when this team needed it the most so that has to count for something.

3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

A win is a win. This team needs to learn how to do that.

Slowly piecing together more complete games. Third quarters are still a mess.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This team is becoming a 4th qtr team. There are some teams that are dangerous in the 4th and the Jets are starting to get that rep. I'm sure there's a few teams out there saying the Jets are lucky, but its really hard to be lucky twice.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It depends on how you define "great". He put the team on his back in the 4th qtr and got them the win. Lots of great QBs have struggled for most of a game and then done exactly that. Yes, it's only one game, but he showed he can do it. Now he has to work on his consistency, but that will be greatly helped by improving the OL and having receivers hold onto the ball more.

For a young QB making his first start since last year, I'd call this a great performance even if the stats don't show it. And that's why you have to look beyond stats to judge a QB.

LAJet and mrjet80 like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

As Branch Rickey said: "Luck is the residue of design".

chandler, KY Jets Fan and Cman68 like this.
  7. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Really anyway you wanna look at it Zach didn’t have a great game. Did he have a great 4th quarter? 100% and that’s a great start for him at this point in his career. Like you said, he put the team on his back and, as I mentioned earlier, that has to count for something.

However, he missed a lot of throws and his 1st INT was a really bad decision. 2nd INT was mainly on Conklin IMO.

I don’t want this post to make everyone think I’m dogging Zach because I’m not, at least I’m not trying to. Just pointing out that there’s still a lot of room for growth for him, which is perfectly fine and understandable for a QB making his first start in Year 2.

I fully expect him to continue to grow and learn a lot from this game. It’s certainly a lot more fun to learn while also winning!

ouchy, Ralebird, IIMeanDeanII and 2 others like this.
  8. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

We've got some really promising young talent in lots of areas of this team.

I really hope to see that these players keep rising in ability, it's great to see.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

9. ColoradoContrails

I understand what you mean, and I'm not saying they need to get the bust ready for Canton yet, but I remember games where Namath looked like shit (probably hungover) and then led them to victory. He's not a great QB yet, but this a was great win for him.

10. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

It's a big step for him. He put the team on his back and delivered in a clutch situation. It's something that Darnold never managed. Probs to Zach. Still a ways to go but it's a start and it's his first start of the year.

11. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Not true, I got lucky twice. Got two kids.

Wait

Brook! likes this.
  12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Considering all the rust he had to shake off I’d have to agree. He made a bad read on the first INT - I don’t really blame him for the second. In my opinion the biggest growth I saw from him was his awareness to throw the ball away when things broke down rather than attempt to be a hero. The two throwaways I’m thinking of may have saved the game in retrospect….

13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

He is better than Flacco. He at least proved that. Did you notice Flacco pouting on the sidelines?

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  14. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

At least the Jets finally came out to play in the first quarter this time!

Lon Chaney, Acad23 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  15. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I agree. He needs to learn how to roll out and keep himself pointed downfield, and he needs to set his feet better. A few of the plays that were throwaways could possibly have been turned into big gains had he been able to recenter himself. However, he's improved his reckless gunslinging, and he's making better decisions, so this was a step in the right direction.

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

At the start of preseason there were no real Homers for Zach Wilson ...I would say 80 per cent of this Boards Mantra was " no more excuses ..Wilson has to show us this year" especially based on the so so year 1 he had

Was this game his turning point?? Who the Hell knows?? I want more consistent play from him for sure

But for all fans in Jetland >>a sloppy QB who wins in the last quarter is like Mana from Heaven lol...May the Gods continue to Favor us!!

#16 NYJetsO12, Oct 2, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    KY Jets Fan and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Honestly, Zach Wilson was absolutely trash most of the day. But the Jets gameplan was good, the defense was solid and Wilson made great plays when he needed to. Sometimes guys need to play poorly and positively in big spots like he did to get into a rhythm with confidence that they can in fact make plays.

I think Zach Wilson comes out very calmly next week because of this.

19/30, 247 yards, 2 TD/1 INT against those stupid fish that claim to be mammals.

Nyjets4eva, Brook!, Cman68 and 4 others like this.
  18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Coming out of the AFC North at 2-2 Is far better than almost everyone thought It would be at this point. We have exceeded expectations and this Is definitely something to build on. Confidence Is contagious. The hard part Is winning more games In the division then we lose. Until we do that, none of this matters. Good quarter of football. Looking forward to the game next week, I couldn't say that at this time last year. That's a big plus.

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Let's get another W

Nyjets4eva and KY Jets Fan like this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

AFC North?

I'd love to be in that division... :p

ouchy likes this.