Hero Ball!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 2, 2022.

1. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

Play call or play execution? Interceptions gonna happen, and can't play scared. I trust ZW to make a good pass, this one was not. So again, call or execution?

Noam likes this.
  2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

We’ll I for one did not think we had a chance to win and I’m super happy to say I was wrong!

Zach didn’t look great for much of the game but he came through in clutch time in a big way

3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

There is a difference between playing scared and playing smart. Protect the ball, run the clock, kick the field goal and you got all the momentum, a 13-3 lead, and the second half kickoff. This is not hindsight--while watching it live I remember thinking they better run it down and kick a field goal.

The jets made the exact same error in 2014 at the end of the half against the packers in green bay. Instead of taking a 24-9 halftime lead, Geno threw an INT near the end of the half and Rodgers took GB right down the field. 21-16 at half instead of 24-9. And the jets lost that game.

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm very glad Zach kept it together and we won. But if he plays the rest of the season like he did today, we're going to lose most of the games.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Grinchy...

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Somebody’s always gotta be that guy

Nyjets4eva and Noam like this.
  7. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Kudo to coaching staff for reshuffling the OL late in the game...seem to stablize it a bit.

8. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I thought they would lose... I thought the CS would suck again and the team would perform like they have this season in most of the games... BUT kudos to CS and players... they were the better team today. That is all anyone can ask...

Lon Chaney likes this.
  9. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

I have seen hundreds of bad play calls in my 70 years of watching. The attempted QB sneak last year for example. You could say every time a pass is intercepted it was a bad play call. Not so here, imo. If the pass was incomplete they could still go off 13-3. Cant blame them for trying to get a td. They dont score many td. They need to trust wilson. Backfired on this play but if a receiver was open and he completed it, what would you say then?

KingRoach and Noam like this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not enough for a consistent run game though. I wonder who the OLine coach is. I can't believe there's next to no talent in that room.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  11. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jets81, Lon Chaney, KingRoach and 2 others like this.
  12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yes they did!! For just the second time in 52 years …..

13. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

Yes, although I do wonder how much of it was coaching adjustments and how much was the Steelers focusing on the pass to close the game out.

Overall, we collected only 98 rushing yards. If you back out the 15 yards we picked up from Zach running for his life, we ran for only 83 yards on 27 carries, which is only 3.07 yards per carry. Our inability to establish any running game in the first 3 quarters put a lot of pressure on the passing game, which is tough when your line is struggling badly in pass protection. I don't blame the coaches -- we have a lot of injuries, but hopefully we can get Brown back, make some adjustments, and get some semblance of a rushing game for Miami.

Noam likes this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

How about the play on that botched flea flicker? That was like watching a cartoon character, keeping that play alive and getting the ball out of bounds. That play goes sideways and the Jets likely lose.

15. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Another dumb play I was going crazy over while watching. Mike has started off this year last year let’s hope he ends it like last year bc he got better over time. Today our play calling didn’t help us at all, but we found a way to win somehow

16. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

If somebody watches the game the play that drove me nuts was ZW rolled to his right, had the TE underneath WIDE open for a 1st, yet throws a dangerous, ill-advised pass up the sideline to Carter that almost got him killed by the safety. That is the stuff that he's got to clean up play smart and take what the D has given him. He rebounded on the next play and hit Conklin for a long gainer up the middle...

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thr bold would have been more likely

bicketybam likes this.
  18. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Yea like the schmuck thats already crowned Doug Pederson (same record as jets) and "Dabole" (one win better than Jets) and wants to complement teams that have somehow sucked more longer than the jets are turning it around

He's been particularly quiet, but when he has posted every post made sure he mentioned terrible players and coaching in the broadest of terms.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  19. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

The INT before half was all on Zach. Poor throw and poor decision. Per announcer it may have been for Garret Wilson who was wide open at sideline.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  20. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

garrett wilson was open on the opposite deep cross, ZW just missed him.

All Gas No Shake likes this.