Official Robert Saleh Thread for 2022 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Six wins means things are not going well.

Six wins means the coaching staff needs to make changes.

Six wins is not going to make anyone feel good... especially Woody.

Six wins means jack...

Yeah... the league seemed more focused on the protocol a few years ago... right when that Will Smith movie came out... ;)

#461 Acad23, Oct 1, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

... and there's this...

Consultant involved in Tua Tagovailoa’s concussion check fired by NFL players union

The unaffiliated neurotrauma consultant involved in Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa’s concussion check last Sunday has been fired by the NFL Players Association, a source confirmed to the Miami Herald, after the union found the person made multiple mistakes in the evaluation. The NFLPA launched an investigation into the Dolphins’ handling of Tagovailoa’s injury against the Buffalo Bills on Sept. 25 after Tagovailoa hit his head on the ground and stumbled upon returning to his feet. Tagovailoa was listed as questionable to return with a head injury and came back into the game at the start of the second half. Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel said Tagovailoa was evaluated for a concussion and cleared to return to the game. According to NFL Network, the union exercised its right to fire the consultant and cited several reasons, including “failure to understand his role and hostility during the investigation.”

The Dolphins said Tagovailoa was conscious and had movement in all his extremities as he was taken to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center. He was later discharged from the hospital and flew back to Miami with the team Thursday night. McDaniel on Friday continued to defend playing Tagovailoa, saying the third-year quarterback was “cleared by several layers of medical professionals ... of any head injury whatsoever.” “If I were to sit someone for a medical issue going against medical people abstractly, then when do I play him again?” McDaniel said. “The timing of all of it, how things played out, I get the optics. I get exactly what it looks like. I understand all this and I understand people’s concern. But the one thing that I can exude with 100 percent conviction is that every person in this building had 100 percent the correct process and diligence. That’s why there’s not a player or person that you’d be able to talk to in the building that would think otherwise, because it is clear, contrite and not something that is negotiable, in any way, shape or form.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article266526866.html#storylink=cpy

IIMeanDeanII and REVISion like this.
  3. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Well, that truly says it all.....anyone disagree???

4. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

bot at all... post of theweek

5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

While criticism of Saleh may be valid, the sad overriding reality is that we can't keep firing coaches the minute there's some adversity. Like it or not, we have to play out the hand with this HC (and with Wilson.) There is no guarantee the next coach will fare any better.

cval, Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. burf

burf Well-Known Member

And... after Corey Davis stopped his route in the endzone, before the ball was passed last week, to go after a defender... no benching, no suspension... no nothing. That's Saleh, a big nothing. To me, doing absolutely nothing when a player does that, is the epitome of a clueless loser. Of course, I may be wrong & we won't see CD in the 1st quarter in Pittsburgh... other than a win, that would make my day. I won't hold my breath, though.

James Hasty and Lon Chaney like this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There was plenty of adversity last year but Saleh made no significant changes during the off season to overcome it just as he has never made significant adjustments in a game plan. Early last season most here were ready to fire LaFleur after a few games and attached great significance to his move from the sidelines to the pressbox which actually produced little in the way of change in outcomes. Ulbrich started slow and went downhill, that has continued this year.

There's more to coaching decisions than simply canning them or keeping them. Saleh has not signaled he's unhappy with any aspect of game planning, personnel decisions or readiness of his team. The results of the past twenty games says he should be, especially with coaches and players clashing during games. The staff needs a wake up in the form of a shake up; time to move some people around and some out the door or he may be using the door himself. Remember, the Jets kept Gase around at least a year too long - what was gained by that?

SOJAZ, westiedog1 and James Hasty like this.
  9. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

If we don’t start looking like a overall better team in a ll aspects today, I will be disappointed. Yes Pitt is a rough place to play but with no Watt and a Mitchell T run offense we have no excuses to why we can’t be in this game and with a legit chance to win. I will lose all faith in this CS and Saleh if not with a one score game. I’m setting myself up for failure but I think we should win also

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Some really bad Jets teams have beaten the Steelers over the years. I guess there's no reason to believe we couldn't be their snake bite again.

11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

On paper we should be on par with them or close to it with a chance to win since Trubisky is not that good and Watt is out

however…

- we almost always lose to this team….last time we won in Pitt was 2010 I believe
    - Tomlin and staff is MUCH better than our staff at this point in time
    - Steelers are a desperate team playing at home with a long proud tradition….I have a very hard time seeing them go to 1-3 at home against a shit Jets team….just hard to envision that scenario
    - even without Watt, I think that D is with all their blitzes is going to make our OL look every bit as bad as you would expect with 4th and 5th string tackles in there…
    - would not be shocked at all if we make Trubisky look like a pro bowler today, because that’s what we do best…make shit QBs look awesome…I’ve seen that way too many times
    - Zach will likely be very rusty

I just have a hard time seeing a win here but hoping we don’t lose by double digits yet again…

12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

So you want to talk me through that 4th quarter then?

Obviously there are things to work on but you'd have to be a blind biased mug to not be impressed by his 4th quarter performance.

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

We won which is great, but holy shit, how bad are we in the 3rd quarter? What are we doing for 15 minutes during halftime? Outscored 31-3 so far coming out of the half. That shit is unacceptable by the coaching staff.

PJ4Ever, Ralebird and SOJAZ like this.
  14. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Lon Chaney likes this.
  15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The stupid penalties continue to be a problem...

Jojo and Acad23 like this.
  16. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

True. Joyner played well. Really well actually. He deserves his kudos.

But I'm not going to pretend like he didn't absolutely stink up the field the first three weeks. He was rated 71st out 72 safeties.

SOJAZ and cval like this.
  17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The Jets have both top 10 defense and offense in NFL in yards:
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team

Not so much in points, but it's not bad at all relative to predictions before the season.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I didn't see a lot of predictions before the season about yards, only about wins.

19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Is the Gap closed?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We'll find out in the coming weeks...