Official Robert Saleh Thread for 2022 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Got it - the NY Jets are not a miserable excuse for a football team by NY Jets standards. It's just unfortunate they play in the NFL and get compared to NFL teams.

KingRoach likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well I was only a place out on that chart, do you really disagree with the chart that much?

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The cream of incompetence just rises to the Top doesn't it?? ..sigh

The Jets are unfortunately like trying to give up Heroin

Just when ya think you got the habit beat it sucks you right back in..with this Team if they somehow win on Sunday it will start the cycle all over again...then 3 losses in a row ugh

The Johnson just get to sit back and watch their Grift go on indefinitely

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sometimes folks perform best with their backs against the wall. Saleh knows the situation regarding his viability with the NY Media and JetNation. Not saying Saleh will coach any differently but he knows he has to start winning soon. The sharks are circling and patience has for the most part run out.

Lets see what Saleh and his Staff are made of.. I think everyone is in "show me" mode now..

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The Miami coach sent his injured franchise QB out last night and he got what looks like a career ending injury. Wow, I wish we had him.

azhar80 and WilsonJetsFan like this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I was shocked he played. I was shocked he was cleared to play. I was shocked he passed concussion protocol. I was absolutely dumb founded that he was released from the hospital to travel with the team that night and not kept overnight for observation. I hope his injury is not to the severity you state.,

7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Yet this is the guy this forum will pine for

WilsonJetsFan likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah... that was kinda strange.

But from all reports he was cleared to play.
    McDaniel had final say... but he goes by what the doctors tell him.

It's being investigated by the NFLPA.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  9. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

On the one hand, that's what doctors are for, so I understand that argument.

On the other hand, most of us at some point went to a doctor for ourselves or our kids, got a diagnosis, and thought, "no way, that's just not right." That should have happened here. I don't think any competent coaching staff or front office could watch that clip of Tui getting up after the hit in the Bills game and think it could possibly be just a back injury making him wobbly. It's clearly a head injury.

If the CS and FO didn't see it clearly during the Bills game, then I can understand why they relied on the doctors when they put him back in the Bills game. But then they all came home and spent Sunday/Monday reviewing film, and there's no way they didn't all watch that clip over and over. Someone in the organization -- more precisely, everyone in the organization -- should have said, "I don't care what that doctor said, this is a head injury, and we need to ask more doctors until someone figures out what kind of head injury we're dealing with here."

"I relied on the doctors" may be an OK excuse for putting him back in the Bills game, but not for putting him in the Thursday game. (IMHO)

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Who's arguing? It's a failure on many levels.

What share of the responsibility falls to the player?

11. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

I would put most of it on Tui. Of all people, he has to know that he got his bell rung. He has to have felt concussion symptoms during the week. It's one thing to tough it out for the team when you've got some bumps and bruises, but concussions are serious. For him to pretend it was just a back injury so he could con his way back into the game is not being tough, it's being stupid.

Maybe the league should suspend everyone involved -- Tui, the coaches, and the front office -- for a couple of weeks to make a statement. Of course, the league won't do anything, which makes the league part of the problem. Letting everyone hide behind the doctor's opinion under these circumstances is despicable.

12. Ralebird

You can make your chart look like anything you want it to, just like you can say that 4 - 5 wins is an average season - that doesn't make it true. The laws of mathematics says it is not. I prefer to deal with the reality, as I have for decades, that the NY Jets have seldom been as good as average and in the past ten years have averaged 5.5 wins, well below the 8.5 that was average until last year and the 9 that is the current standard.

I suppose that means I do disagree, without apology.

13. Ralebird

This was being discussed earlier tonight on the NFL network and they were talking about it being the extension year for Tua's contract and how it is to his benefit to play and perform as much as possible to get the big bucks. It was also mentioned that most players will intentionally underperform on the test used to establish baseline readings that will be used as comparisons when concussions will be analyzed and return to play decided.

14. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Except these are supposed to be the best doctors on earth. This isn’t second guessing your 80 year old lifetime family practitioner, your asking a HC to tell some of the best doctors on earth that they don’t know what they’re talking about. The HC has enough on his plate already, it’s not his job to play doctor as well. Unless McDaniel pressured doctors to change a diagnosis I don’t see how he can be blamed at all. I agree the concussion looked bad, but it’s a scene familiar to boxing and MMA all the time. When you get knocked out your body can stiffen and spasm. It looks awful but it’s not nearly as terrifying as it looks. They fan boxers and eventually get the guy up on his feet to shake his opponent’s hand. In football it’s a much more dramatic scene because they’re also considering potential of a spinal injury, so they immobilize the player and cut the helmet off and cart the guy on a stretcher. It looks horrifying but it is necessary to be cautious. Tua got knocked out like a boxer. He needs to heal from the concussion, but he’ll be fine.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  15. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

The over reaction is amazing... Win one game and were talking abt giving Flacco and the coaching staff contract extensions lol. Lose won game and were talking deporting the whole team.

I think most of us fans before the season started knew we were a losing team, but we were improved due to a more talented roster, and a more experienced QB and Coach. Many of us already had penciled in a 5-12 season before the season started, due to a difficult schedule.

We look like a 6 win team, but there is always hope that Zach plays like a franchise QB and gets us to 9 wins and meaningful December games. Remember this team is fairly new, and they are still learning on the run. I think the team will find their identity and style in a few weeks with Zach behind center.

Let's all calm down and realize we are a building team, and we're looking to take another step or 2 in the RT direction. I do think team is trending in the right direction. As long as our young players are making plays, and our core players are playing to their potential, we will be a good team sooner than later.

K'OB and bicketybam like this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I worked for a boxing promoter for many years. Each state has different rules for boxers who get knocked out... even for TKO's.
    Most, if not all, leave it to the ringside physician to determine how long till the fighter is allowed back in the ring... even to spar.

In California, any boxer who suffers a knockout can not fight again for a minimum of 30 days... it's often longer if the doctor determines as such. That's what the doctor gets paid for... among other responsibilities. It's a pretty sweet gig if the doc is a fight fan.

Dealing with State Athletic Commissions was a major headache (pun intended) that came with the job.
    Don't even ask about the urine test shenanigans... :confused:

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The only reason those things were done is because government oversight ordered them to do it. Left to their own - as the NFL is - they would never have done even that much. The NFL's "concussion protocol" is a farce, as are the rest of the "medical guidelines" they employ. If these measures account at all for the player's wellbeing, it's only secondary to the profit objective. If players can't play - especially star players - the owners lose money, so the owners do the bare minimum to "protect" players while getting them back on the field and earning money. Perhaps some owners/organizations do more than that, but they're not the norm. It's long past time that the NFL receive oversight for its practices which are still rooted in a "plantation mentality".

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Most reasonable fans didn't expect a winning season yes but the problem is this team never progresses or changes. I agree the talent has improved but this FEELS like the same exact team with the same exact issues for years now and that's why patience is thin.
    I don't think the Giants are a playoff team or even the Jags but if you're a fan of those teams there's a clear change from past seasons.
    We sign guys we draft guys and I can't tell a difference from these games to last year or year before.
    Only thing that looks different out there is G Wilson.

REVISion likes this.
  19. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The point of the doctor is to prevent players from doing this. Players are always going to want to play.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yes the entire point of the evaluation process is to get a health professional to insert themselves between the player and the field and any competitive drivers that would let them back onto the field in an unsafe state.

The player actually has no say in the process once the evaluation has begun nor do the coaches or anybody else who would want the player on the field for competitive advantage.