Zach Wilson scheduled to start against Pittsburgh Steelers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I’m kind of in the same boat…I’m more skeptical of Saleh because I see very little difference or progress…we are still getting blown out losing by double digits, we still make the same stupid mistakes with blown coverages and dumb penalties, I’m just not seeing a well run team.

I’m also not at all sold on Zach so I’m really in a wait and see with him but to me it’s no better than 50/50 if he makes it or busts. I just saw too much bad play last year from him regardless of his supporting cast. Too many bad throws.

so I’m not ready to say either Saleh or Zach is the answer yet.

Wait and see for me

Brook! and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  2. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

2 incomplete passes in a row :)

FJF, Acad23 and KingRoach like this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Some are already there.

ColoradoContrails and bicketybam like this.
  4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

2 incompleted passes 4 games ago!!!!

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  5. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I agree with you in that I've become skeptical of Saleh as well for the same reasons. Zach I'm still optimistic about.

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I can't say I am optimistic about ZW, maybe slightly pessimistic but mainly excited to see him play and hopeful to see progress. He is our hope for the future and the one player who could elevate the entire team. So, it is really exciting to see him play. More so I am hopeful to get a better opportunity to judge him as a QB with a much better supporting cast. I am just glad the season is finally starting.

Jets79, JETFUEL1580, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

This forum needs more of guys like you. It's become the most depressing Jets site on the internet. I get how frustrated the fans are but it's gotten out of hand here. I've seen the same people take opposite stances just to be negative. For some there is literally nothing the team can do to reap any praise. You're not even allowed to be cautiously optimistic without being labeled a Sunnysider. I'm not taking about blowing smoke up the team's ass. You literally can't have even a neutral to positive take without getting reamed.

We all know we've been terrible for a good clip now. Do we really need to be reminded of it ad nauseam? The Jets fanbase is so freaking angry. It's toxic. I've been told people hate me on this forum and maybe it's time I take a break. It's impossible for me to post here and not try and look at the positive, no matter how little there is of it.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Do any of you realize how up shits creek this Team will be IF ZW has those 2 incomplete passes and we lose badly Sunday???

That's back to square one Folks

Saleh will eventually pay the price ...JD will have to find a new Tutor for Utah boy or bring White and Strevelor into the picture

A blessing or a curse?

Will that all said perhaps it's the more favorable outcome ..but I have not seen the Vegas line on this game yet ..yikes!

#88 NYJetsO12, Sep 30, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

12 years of misery gets to people. You can't find another NFL fan base that endured 12 years of straight trash. So in a way, even though I don't endorse the negativity, I understand it.

Secondly, I also see a lot of positive stuff here that keeps me going. ColoradoContrails, Noam, LAJet to name a few. And then we have level headed guys like FJF, Jonathan_Vilma, Acad23.

This is a good place man. Our biggest competitors board is unreadable from all the bullshit going on there. This is the best Jets message board imo. :)

10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

12 years is what it takes? Thank God we don't root for the Lions, Browns, Jags, Commanders, Texans, or Cardinals. To think we are the downtrodden of the NFL is crazy. We've had multiple moments over the past 29 years. Any Lions/Browns fan would trade places with us for the mid 90's until now.

Noam likes this.
  11. JackBower

(Hits red light)
    "We're never going to get there. It's going to take years. Whoever made these lights should be fired!!!"

(Next light green)
    "Smooth sailing. We are going to make record time. I've never seen such open roads!!!"

(Next light red)
    "FIRE PUBLIC SAFETY!!!"

(Next light green)
    "BEST ROUTE EVAH!!!"

FJF, Noam and bicketybam like this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Very nicely said. Any passionate relationship that becomes part of your daily life, including sports, takes a toll on people after 12 continuous years of painful embarrassments. Being negative and suspicious and expecting more bad news becomes the defense mechanism. However, even the most negative of Jet fans quickly becomes the biggest over the rainbow sun-shiners when the organization starts a winning streak. That will cure all ailments. Fix that and this site would go overboard and glowing with praises.
    And God knows we need that very badly indeed.

#92 LAJet, Sep 30, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
    Brook! and Noam like this.
  13. JackBower

You definitely can, but it's a two team town in every sport and most years at least one is good to very good. Next door Boston is always competitive. So we see good teams vs the one we really want to do well but sucks. It exacerbates it.

A lot of cities only know suck, or has one team that's great in one sport then surrounded by suck. There's a lot of teams that have looked worse for longer, not saying I could tolerate it but it's true.

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This is what I think Saleh - and maybe Douglas - don't understand. Fair or not they don't have an unlimited amount of time to get this thing fixed. Douglas demanded - and got - a 6 year contract from Johnson, but that doesn't mean he got 6 years from the fans. I'm not saying he or Saleh should be fired - yet - but they need to show they understand the urgency. Holding the players - and coaches - accountable would be a good step in that direction.

Ralebird, NYJetsO12 and Brook! like this.
  15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well said CC. Hope Joe D and Saleh are the guys. I trust Joe D but not to Saleh but I will root for him to right the ship this year so we get to playoffs next year. And then there is Zach. Rest of season is going to show us what he is made of. Hopefully he shows us he is above average.

Thanks my friend. Agree completely.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Raider nation post Chucky has been pretty miserable, pretty sure a worse record over 12 years... ( transplanted NYer in NorCal)

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Plus 100 Post CC..they need to show the goods ! If not it's more smoke and mirrors from Johnsons and company

Who wants to be a darksider ? I certainly wasn't as down in Death Valley as I am today ..A couple of years ago Saleh and Zach came on board with lots of hope , catchy sayings and supposedly unlimited potential

This combo of Coach and Franchise QB was all of Douglas's creation who was put on that savior pedestal after Idzik and Mac freak shows

I was all in..ha

Then the sobering realization came that our HC had tons of personality and enthusiasm but poor coaching ability >>>>a total fail on JDs research to bring us the best coach

And Zach? All of a sudden the reports started to surface he has had injury issues since HS and College >>>a pretty talented Glass Cannon...another miss for Douglas if he fails on this as well

To JDs credit he has built a wonderful set of players , talented rookies to support ZW which some GMs fail to do..this with the exception of the OL which seems it cant be glued together

So yes let the GM Admin Coaches and Fans take some Accountability ...it is what it is!

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Objectively we don't know for sure that Saleh has poor coaching ability. He's a second year coach and the reality is that he's still got a lot to learn. I haven't seen anything to show me that he can't or won't learn. But...he needs to take a crash course and accelerate the learning curve. I doubt he gets fired after only 2 years, nor do I think he should be unless the players show they've given up on him.

As for Zach he has had a couple of injuries going back to H.S., but I wouldn't call him injury prone. Still, he has to prove he can stay healthy and not take dumb risks. He has immense ability, but as Parcells said: "The best ability is availability.

Things are at a tipping point with this team, fair or not, logical or not. We fans have been waiting over a decade for even minor success, and that's too long. Saleh may be "taking receipts", but most of us have drawers full of them and they're worthless. Win and the tipping point will start tipping towards the fans cutting the team some slack; lose and things might tip into collapse.

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If only he was known for his completion percentage.

20. mute

mute Well-Known Member