Zach Wilson scheduled to start against Pittsburgh Steelers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I pledge allegience to Zach Wilson and promise not to bitch about him for next 5 weeks. Who is with me?

2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

5 weeks is like 5 million years in baseball years. I don't think people can wait that long to bitch. Maybe 5 minutes into the next game might be more realistic.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's a fucked up bet...

Jojo, azhar80, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  4. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

He cant possibly be any worse than he was last year, so lets hope we see a major upside to Wilson, if he's still the same, then this organization is in trouble

Jojo, NYJetsO12 and Jets-N-Terps like this.
  5. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I imagine Tomlin will start the game trying to stuff the run, putting Zach under immediate pressure to perform.
    One of the things that bugs me about the O-scheme, is despite all the talk, it's slow.
    So, I'd like to see the O start out in a no-huddle, quick slants/outs/screens, & of course, a good mix of runs.
    But more importantly, I'd like to see Zach come out of the game, healthy & with a win under his belt.

6. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

5 weeks is a long time. I'd settle for competent play that doesn't cost the Jets the game.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  7. burf

burf Well-Known Member

And he stays healthy! One of my concerns when he was drafted, was his durability (he had shoulder & hand surgery), & his temperament (he seemed like a spoiled rich kid). So, I want him to play the rest of the season, so we all can see if he can win, stay healthy, & has the capacity to mature.

Cman68 likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'll settle for Zach surviving his first game back behind that all-pro OLine.

9. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Just curious how long are you guys prepared to wait for him to show he's the guy before you're screaming for the next QB? This season? Next season?

Pepsiguy5 and Red Menace like this.
  10. burf

burf Well-Known Member

It depends... if he stays healthy, & shows growth, I'm in for next season. If he gets hurt again, especially the same knee, or keeps making dumb mistakes, I may be inclined to send him to the cornfield.

11. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Now we get to finally see what this team can be with everyone outside of Becton playing. Steelers haven't impressed me since week 1 and still have Tribusky at QB. Not saying will win but we sure as hell won't get blown out, at least we better not. I hope Zach won't be a little gun shy running and buying time out of the pocket. It's one of his biggest assets, and he'll need it until this line gets fixed to a respectable level. He's got some toys to play with, and at best the offense should be more exciting. Welcome back Zach!

PJ4Ever, KY Jets Fan and Noam like this.
  12. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

If he can stay on the field and show he's getting better this season I will not be screaming for the next qb. As the 2nd pick in the draft, he needs to show that he can be the reason the jets win and not just a game manager keeping the jets from losing. The last half of the season last year is the bare minimum of what a top draft pick should be doing. He's got significantly better receivers and real tight ends now, so the excuses for him are dwindling.

13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

That's good. If our OC has half a brain, he'll scheme to counter that and everything out going the opposite way.

Also, if Zach can't handle the blitz against Pittsburgh, the Jets took the wrong QB

azhar80, Cman68, NYJetsO12 and 3 others like this.
  14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Read the thread title really quick and thought it said "Zach Wilson sentenced to start...". Cruel and unusual punishment.

AtlantaJet, Brook! and FJF like this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He needs to show it by the end of this season. And that doesn't mean having a great game in Week 17, it means when the season's done, his overall performance needs to be outside the bottom 10 starters.

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Zach is ready. Are you ready? Let the games begin!

azhar80, KY Jets Fan, Noam and 2 others like this.
  17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

The Hype is ridiculous rn... reporters are acting like some proven winning championship QB is about to arrive.
    Asking every player..."So, What's it like to have Zach back"???
    Like JFC... it's comical atp.

Jets79 likes this.
  18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

The irony is that people keep saying his mobility is better than Flacco so....
    Yea? That mobility is what keeps his ass off the field and in the tent. He refuses to take what The D gives and continually makes the same mistakes.
    This is it, He gotta start showing something tho, O-Line or not.

Pittsburgh is beatable and nothing would help his case more than a W

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Into next season, With a better bet back up waiting to take over if it’s going bad early

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's going to be up to the CS - LaFleur - to utilize plays that will mitigate that problem...this would be the game to really go run-heavy and short, quick passes, and for god's sake throw to the TE's.

Borat, Cman68, KY Jets Fan and 3 others like this.