Official Robert Saleh Thread for 2022 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Sep 7, 2022.

1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It hurt. Real bad. To read this. Unreal.

Jets79, HomeoftheJets and REVISion like this.
  2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I'm not ready to give up on this CS or Robert Saleh. It's ugly, It's SOJ like, It's disturbing, It doesn't look good... I get It.

However...

Damn man, I just want good things to happen, I want to believe. So, badly. :(

ouchy, NYJFOREVER and bicketybam like this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Brant Boyer has always been a really good ST coach. And given Flacco at QB, 18th in offensive DVOA isn't a bad look for LaFleur. Saleh and his stooge Ulbrich OTOH look terrible.

IDFjet and KY Jets Fan like this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The problem is we were completely outclassed all three weeks except for the last two minutes of Week 2, which involved the flukiest sequence of plays you'll ever see on a football field. And that Week 2 win came against a team playing its backup QB. Of course, we were playing our backup QB all three weeks, but there's a decent chance he's better than our starter...

SOJAZ, REVISion and Ralebird like this.
  5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

What was be score of the Browns game at the half? At the beginning of the 4th quarter?

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Nor should you be ready to give up on them yet.

They’ve coached 20 games, 17 of which have been with an expansion roster. Zach Wilson should be back this week. It’s do or die for this CS over the next 14 games.

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

'The problem is'

That was the whole point, we got a lucky win but all the sack the players, sack the coach shouts turned to if we get to 2-2 after Steelers game can we make the playoffs?

My post bad nothing to do with Wilson but as you mention him, I guess I have to reply.

He wasn't my choice and for me he was awful for most of last season but in amongst that he did show a spark of what he can do, that has got to manifest itself in his play this season.

I'd rather have played White than Flacco, even if it was only to see if he could actually become a decent back up QB playing Flacco has given us one lucky win in 7 or 8 games and bar the winning means everything brigade he should never have seen the field, utterly pointless.

Let's hope Wilson can turn it around, I am at least willing to give him the season to show it and not be back on next week calling for him to be cut etc.

8. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

To me, the area concern is that Saleh hasn't shown any apparent improvement as a HC in his second year. I can understand problems in the first year because going from coordinator to HC is a big adjustment. However, we're still seeing the same problems and mistakes as in his first year (all of which have been enumerated by previous posters).

I remember reading an interview with Bill Parcells about his transition from DC to HC. As a DC, he said, he was buddies with his players and protective of them. When he became HC, he took the same approach. They players took advantage of him, and the result was a record of 3-12-1 in his first year. Parcells realized he had to change or he'd soon be fired. He then made the transition to being a real head coach (i.e., an all-business prick). He cleaned house, cutting guys who had been his buddies when he was DC, and clamped down, taking no shit from any player..

Can Saleh do the same?

Ralebird, ColoradoContrails and SOJAZ like this.
  9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The defense looks a lot better than last season from an eye test perspective. It needs to now translate to actual stats.

ouchy likes this.
  10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Good thread by Nania. This staff is fucking dumb.

Ralebird and SOJAZ like this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

How did we go from 7-9 in 2019 to 4-12 in 2020? Were we an expansion team in 2019 or did we become one in 2020? Does 4-13 in 2021 mean we're still an expansion team? Just trying to find a suitable explanation as to why we can't climb out of the hole.. Does 4 or 5 wins mean Saleh and his staff are doing a bang up job? Just asking questions to make sense out of bewilderment.

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We are currently 1-2 and you really do not know what type of team you will have until week 5. We won a game in September for the first time in years and we have been playing are back-up QB, and we have patched-up Oline. If we beat the Steelers we are way ahead of the game to post more than 4 wins.

All is not lost. With the no preseason and lack of hitting in practice league this team will play better. We have a lot of new moving parts and that takes a few weeks to come together.

13. Cman68

Sounds like another 4 win season. Seen this movie last year.

SOJAZ and Jojo like this.
  14. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Just like Gase was a QB whisperer...yea, that was super marvy for us too.

15. K'OB

We went 7-9 because the schedule was easy as fuck, the fact that Gase still lost two games to teams with a zero win record at that point, should tell its own tale.

Seriously though, 4-5 wins is an average job, maybe just below average, I never thought the Jets would win more than 4 games all season, so I am not shocked in the slightest.

There are things to be disappointed about though at the same time.

MLF - after a bad start last season he showed some promise with his play calling, but he has set off in bad mode again for me, impact players not getting a lot of the ball is just incredibly stupid. We have many weapons but giving your new bell cow RB 8-12 touches a game is just shooting yourself in the foot, like barely targetting Wilson in the first game.

Ulbrich - He is clueless and whoever it was that decided to rotate like a mofo all game is again just shooting another foot clean off.

Saleh - Needs to up his game, though he has improved on his use of TO's and challenges, if it isn't his idea to rotate, he now needs to put his foot down,(if he has one left to do so.) before it is too late for him. I want to like him, he looks like a great guy but he needs to show improvement to be given a third year.

Wilson (QB) - the injury is a season killer, he now has 4 games less to show us improvement, the fact is he might even need a game or two to get up to speed, so that leaves him 10 games to be evaluated and that's if he doesn't get hurt again.

The upside is the squad is finally showing it has some real talent and we still need to show a little more patience and not fuck it up by the sack them all yesterday mantra.

Cman68 likes this.
  16. Cman68

MAYBE one more year IF the team gets its collective head out of its ass by the end of this season #TallOrder

K'OB likes this.
  17. K'OB

I said to you ages ago that 2023 would be the year, am I confident of that happening, not really, truth be known but we are filling the team with good players, it all depends on Zach at the end of the day.

#hereshoping

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  18. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

Is there a worse head coach / starting quarterback combo in the league than Saleh/Wilson? Is it even possible?

19. Cman68

I also think it has more to do with Saleh and his CS to get their shit together. Zach is still a kid in NFL terms. He needs a system that works on both sides of the ball..

Acad23 likes this.
  20. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

We’ll despite the fact that I think JD has mismanaged the OL by relying on Becton and not drafting or signing better backup options overall (so far I am pleasantly surprised at how Mitchell is holding up), I still think this is more on the coaches than on the GM. It just feels like our talent level, while not playoff caliber yet, should be producing better than they are.

so at a high level, to me that’s on the coaching (and yes, I also understand that JD is the one who picked Saleh so it’s on him)

we’ll see…still a lot of games left for Saleh and for Zach to show improvement, but if we don’t see improvement by the end of the year, I’d be fine moving on from both.

ColoradoContrails and SOJAZ like this.