The offensive line is not good

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 26, 2022.

1. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

i feel like every team has OL issues. Nobody has a 5 GOOD blockers (except maybe the eagles and saints) but still there is always a injury. its about scheme and getting the ball out quick to off set fast pass rush. The jets have never been able to get a lead to be able to set a good run game. A good run game sets up play action" ops" - as Sala would say

KY Jets Fan and cval like this.
  2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I think you need to taper your expectations. We are three weeks into the season and there is only one undefeated team.

FJF likes this.
  3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Going empty and looking for immediate to deep routes is not the answer.

SOJAZ, Jets79 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Flacco has been OK preventing sacks. A lot of it were quickly throwing terrible balls though, being afraid to get hit.

FJF likes this.
  5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Joe is a tall statue that had 2 seconds to throw. Will LeFleur call a different game when he has Zack running left, running right, and having 4-4.5 seconds to throw? Zack had the largest 'time to throw' last season at around 4.5 seconds due to his scrambling around. How will the play calls differ? How will the WR's rout running differ?

6. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

What expectations? They aren't going ANYWHERE. Did you hear Reids comments about defense. Unless Zach miraculously comes back and lites it up....forget it..
    I know what I'm looking at...

SOJAZ likes this.
  7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Give it at least one more week before writing them off totally. The miracle in Cleveland has given us hope with our first September win in what seems like decades.

When I said temper expectation was your comment about winning five straight games, that is not a good measure of success. When this team wins two in a row we will at least know we have started the turnaround.

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

CMG is always being shit upon for some reason, but the guy has been above average center for a while now. Like you said, least of our problems. An upgrade over him would be a top 10 NFL C. The problem is CMG will be a UFA. For most teams in the League he is an upgrade at the position. I am worried about getting worse at C if we let CMG go and don't get a top 10 guy instead more so than upgrading him at this stage.

10. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The Cleveland game indicates that people who are optimistic are the ones who should temper their expectations, not the opposite. For all intents and purposes, we should be 0-3 right now. Cleveland lost that game much more than we won it. If Chubb stays inbounds we lose that by double digits and we're 0-3 with every loss by double digits.

SOJAZ and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  11. REVISion

Naturally we're strongest at the two least important things here, run blocking and run defense. Sigh.

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I will reiterate what I was saying since my point was missed. My temper expectations comment was about using the barometer of winning five games in a row. The only optimistic team thing thus far is the last 2-minutes of Cleveland.

Every team we played thus far are essentially playoff teams, Pittsburgh is not. If we get blown out by Pitt . :eek:

REVISion likes this.
  13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Come on guys. Its been 3 games and Neil was facing Parsons and Ekwonu is playing LT. Max is a RT that continually gets help.

Of course we should have drafted one of them along with Max. With all the picks we've had we should have been drafting multiple o-linemen with every draft JD has run. One high and one mid round. Instead, with 9 top 40 picks, JD went high twice, and mid once. And this was after it was becoming clear the first tackle he drafted was having issues.

SOJAZ and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  14. REVISion

To add further context to this, we have the 2nd most $ invested into the DL of any team and the 4th most $ invested into the OL of any team. We're paying top dollar for below average results.

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It is a fair point but can we not say the same about the opening game?

We literally handed them the game with three errors?

16. REVISion

Not nearly to the degree it happened in the Browns game. That type of comeback hadn't happened in 20+ years.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  17. K'OB

For the Jets or anybody, I thought teams frequently did last quarter miracles, just not us lol

cval likes this.
  18. REVISion

Not nearly to that degree.

https://thejetpress.com/posts/ny-jets-historic-comeback-win-numbers-joe-flacco

The Jets became the first team in over 20 years (since 2001) to win a game in which they trailed by 13 or more points with under two minutes to play. From Week 9 of 2001 through Week 1 of 2022, teams in that situation had a combined record of 2,229-0.

K'OB likes this.
  19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Do we give the team credit for this or no? I am very confused.

KY Jets Fan, bicketybam and K'OB like this.
  20. K'OB

Championship :D

REVISion likes this.