Official Robert Saleh Thread for 2022 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Sep 7, 2022.

1. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

The current status is clear for Robert Saleh. After the draft it was clear and everyone concurred that this season was a referendum on the viability of Robert Saleh as a HC. The talent is there and Robert Saleh is getting nothing out of it. I would give Saleh until the end of the season and if there isn't a massive jump in the overall performance of the team, offense, defense, ST, at season end Saleh should be canned.

2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Not a good look to have the 32nd ranked defense in DVOA for our defensive-minded HC.

Gotta hope this improves going forward.

3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The Jets went from an offensive-minded HC that had the 32nd ranked offense in DVOA to a defensive-minded HC that had the 32nd ranked defense in DVOA.

It's truly mindboggling how inept this organization is.

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

It was always the defense that was going to make or break this season. You can't win a lot of football games if you are always playing from behind. We berate the o-line but if we did not have to throw the ball as much the o-line would look better.

Don't get me wrong the o-line hasn't been good. You can't win in this league when your defense is this bad unless you have a top 5 offense and the Jets do not. I was never a fan of the scheme we run but coaching can help.

Saleh needs to take control and start calling the defense. If we have another week of pathetic defense against a bad Pitt offense, Saleh thought this week was rough in the media and fans he hasn't seen anything yet.

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

[​IMG]

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  6. NYsportsfan1962

I would agree that's the next step but would be surprised Saleh did anything drastic unless being pushed by JD, who's being pushed by Woody. I'm not sure its entirely the play calling on the defense but rather the cover 3 scheme. The Jets just don't have the right personnel to run it and Saleh has been stubborn on keeping the course. He needs to make adjustments.

SOJAZ, cval and Jets79 like this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Who hired Saleh?

So it's up to JD to find his replacement after a loss at Pitt for sure ...I would not wait till end of Season sorry. That's too agonizing .. The GM should own up that he made a very poor choice for HC and recoup his loss. A firing of RS would show J and J / Douglas actually do CARE about fans

All the evidence from the Carton radio show and all the above smart takes is there so the GM can say he did the right thing

The replacement??? Get a Vet HC like Payton or Mike Mcarthy. Avoid going the has been route>>Marv Lewis Gase or even Rex R

Option 2 is to get a real Brain for once! .. This would also make JD feel less threatened by a big shot coaching hire

A coach who played in Ivy league...why? Because it that type of league you do get the best student athletes but no super stars

And because of that you learn how to win with the chess pieces on the chess board

Cleveland and Miami have done that and it works quite well

It's actually a tad easier on an Ivy Coach since in NFL he has world class talent

Jus something to consider all

Gun to your head who do you think would score higher the Pro Football Coaching SATs R Fitzpatrick or Robert Saleh??? Lmao

#387 NYJetsO12, Sep 27, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  8. K'OB

The up and down, highs and low of a certain Jets fan

[​IMG]

WilsonJetsFan, ouchy and MoWilkBeast like this.
  9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

lol

I wish someone would ask Saleh about this at a press conference, coupled with how the defense performed last year.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  10. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Here's how this is going to play out:

Ulbrich will be replaced at the end of the year as a scapegoat for the defense. Our GM and ownership will wrongly think that Ulbrich was the sole reason for the defense's ineptitude, which will buy Saleh another year. About a quarter of the way through the next season, they'll finally realize that Saleh is nearly as much to blame as Ulbrich was. Saleh will complete the season due to the arbitrary "the Johnson's don't fire coaches midseason" thing even though it'll have been apparent to most people for 1-2 years at that point that he wasn't going to be the guy.

We're following almost the exact same path we took with Gase. We never learn.

SOJAZ likes this.
  11. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Think that goes for half the board tbh.

12. K'OB

People need to get a damned grip, week 1 we are the worst team on earth, sack EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!! 2nd week we can make the playoffs, week three saCK EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

If that happens I am ready to just forget this dumpster fire of a Franchise..I know the Owners are completely moronic but not Douglas imo. There is more at stake for him...plenty of other Teams let go of Coaches midstream . The Raiders did it last year with Gruden

So my gut says JD will act quicker than that if HE ever considers working again in the NFL

14. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Saleh's assessment publicly of the defense does not match what we see on the field. I can only hope things are being adequately addressed behind closed doors because to me it feels like he's very much downplaying or dismissing the issues. But the season is still young and coaches can grow too so while the on-the-field results are not good, it's only a few games into their 2nd season. But this CS needs to show a heck of a lot more because if this is how the D is performing in December and January, I'd clean house. But there's a lot of games left and, in theory, a lot can change.

And IMO this team has the talent to be solid on defense. They don't need to be top 5, but they need to be better than what they've been, especially the past two weeks. So that means there's potential for them to improve. But it also means if they're still really bad this whole season they've underachieved and that's on coaching. So this should be a very good assessment of this coaching staff.

Jets79, Attackett and bleedgreen like this.
  15. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Ulbrich/Saleh are both stubborn idiots. They had a blue print staring them in the face for how to beat the Bengals. Both the Steelers and Cowboys took out the deep threat by employing a Cover 2 defense and employed it multiple times to good effect.

The Jets used Cover 2 once and let Burrow torch them with the deep ball all day.

16. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Let's face it. Saleh is so weak he uses sparklers in his suicide vest!

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Waaay too symmetrical for a Jet fan curve

18. K'OB

I thought a flatline would be in poor taste ;)

19. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

With Saleh, the Jets have been consistently sleepwalking through the first half of games, making it virtually impossible to play catchup, unless playing a perennial doormat like the Browns, who specialize in throwing away games. Out of the 20 games Saleh has coached so far, maybe in just two or three of those the Jets have come out of the tunnel prepared to play. Receipts validating the Jets' catastrophic low energy gas crisis under Saleh can be provided upon request.

20. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I understand your point but it's ironic coming from a guy that took the name of one of the worst coaches in Jet history.