Post Game Observations without prejudice

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, Sep 25, 2022.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

It could not possibly be worst that Joe

2. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Oh, no, not at all. Most likely a break even.

3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

There's always hope my friend! haha

The main hope for this fanbase has to be that Zach can come in and just be an average NFL QB. If he's even average, this offense will look a lot better.

Will he be? I can't say for sure but I'm optimistic.

Brook!, cval and Noam like this.
  4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The number one issue I see for Zach is negating the rush. Not only avoiding the pass rushers coming off the edge but taking free yards on scrambles. That will slow down the rush and makes things easier for him. He graded out poorly last year under pressure. Given our lines problems this year he will be tested right away.

Jets79 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Yup, he needs to use his legs to gain some easy yards like he did late last year and really what he did when he got injured in pre-season. Great under pressure usually means your QB and receivers are reading the play correctly and your wr can get open quickly. GW seems to be pretty good a the latter.

RochesterJet, Noam and Cman68 like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

As long as Zach slides before he gets smashed, I'm good with his running. FTLoG, I hope he doesn't try to play Hero Ball and just manages the game to keep us from another blowout.

cval and LAJet like this.
  7. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Going for the price on Wilson the rest of the way. If you young guys don't get the reference you haven't suffered enough.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

2 possession game, I don’t think you pull Flacco there, after a good game last week, just hope he gets hot and leads down the field.

bicketybam likes this.
  9. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Don't pull out flaccid...

Ffs

10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

If this team wins it's because of the players. If we lose it's because of the inept coaching staff. Seems kind of odd, but that's the prevailing take around here.

Borat, cval, Noam and 1 other person like this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Fool's gold.... Flacko manufactured 3 points in the 3rd quarter.... none in the 4th.

We had a quarterback suited up who beat the Bengals last year... and he did it with arguably less weapons at his disposal.

Mike White should have played the 2nd half.
    It's that simple.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  12. bicketybam

Hall of Fame![​IMG]

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Looking back at how Flacco played all 3 games (Which was about the same beside the last 2 minutes against Cleveland) Mike W should have probably started against the Bengals.

14. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

All I know is JFM has more penalties than sacks since his pay day

15. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

16. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

You hit the nail on this one with the Flacco points. One week he sucks, the other he's the guy going forward, now he blows again. Brilliant lol.

Also, I'm happy Zach is returning as well. Now we get to see everyone back, and see how this comes together with our main piece in Z Wilson. I just hope he doesn't reinjure himself scrambling around even though it is one of his few strengths at this point. Let's see if he provides some good energy with his return on the offense. The defense hasn't been terrible this season, they just need some more help from the O.

Noam likes this.
  17. bicketybam

We should have made every effort to retain Geno Smith. [​IMG]

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The White knight would have been much less predictable and tougher to defend, since at least there is not much film on him to draw from

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The biggest problem with this analysis is that it gauges the Jets defense against what Nania calls the "expectations" that many had for the "much hyped pass rush." What he declines to address is why expectations were so high. Even as he lists those opportunities the defense was given to supposedly "break out" against the Bengals he never begins to look in the mirror and question himself for foisting such high expectations on a coach and unit that had never shown they could perform to the level he expected. If the coaching and player talent is sub par there's no way the performance can be what he expected it to be.

Nania claimed how good their matchups looked "on paper," a common theme from him and his followers on TGG all the while disregarding the fact that the game is played on turf, not paper. He talks about what the defense "in theory" should have done but never questions the validity of his own theory. More realistically the bottom third ranking for QB pressure is simply a continuation of past performance and, in real life, is all that should have been expected regardless of his talk "all week" of how things should be different.

Contrary to all the theories of Nania and his fellow homers maybe the performance of Joyner and Whitehead is "atrocious" because they are simply not up to the task in the system in which they work. Simply because a few guys with a bully pulpit declare the famine is over doesn't mean any steps have been taken to cater the banquet they expect.

I'd suggest that the next bit of analysis Nania undertakes should be in figuring out how he and all the other self-proclaimed experts could have overestimated the capabilities of the 2022 Jets by so much. Only then can he honestly address whether the fault lies mainly in the on field talent itself or their utilization by the coaching staff.

#99 Ralebird, Sep 27, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  20. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Didn’t Mitch light up the Jets a few years ago when he was with the Bears?