Post Game Observations without prejudice

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, Sep 25, 2022.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I though I would start a thread for people to contribute the pluses and minuses of the game and avoid the natural post game anger and need for an infinite number of fire every one threads. Moderators please combine with an existing one if you feel more appropriate. My two cents:
    A- The team by the most part on both sides of the ball played extremely hard but not very smart football at all
    B- We self destruct with crucial, unnecessary penalties and we are not good enough to recover from them
    C- The OL can not adequately protect a mobile QB, never mind Flacco. Until that is fixed we will not be competitive. Fant was a shadow of last year, playing hurt does not help. We are below critical mass.
    D- We have an OC that thrives to outsmart everyone at the cost of sticking with what works. We are misusing talent. I think our game plan is a big part of our problem. We have no identity
    E- We are unwilling to stick with our strong running game. We are unwilling to take the short sure passes and go long when we need a few yards. Especially on 4th down.
    F- Wilson, Sauce, Reed, the William brothers, Carter and Carter, and Hall, to name a few along with our kicker and punter played their hearts our and are part of our future.
    G- There is a horrible trend starting to show with this CS. We always start out slow, with the appearance of being unprepared, with the opposing O running over us
    H- I think the coaching staff is just as guilty of this loss as the players. Joe should have been replaced at the half, and the game plan rewritten
    This team never gives up, that’s good, but we self destruct by too many mistakes and bad game planning, that’s really bad
    We expect better

PJ4Ever, Pepsiguy5, azhar80 and 14 others like this.
  2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Quincy maybe out for the year which would suck.

I like the secondary but this front 4 isn’t getting enough pressure on the edges. Gotta bring some pressure

The running game is good just gotta stick with it. Hall and Carter are a nice combo.

Fant left the game so McDermott was in there and woof…pray for Zach!

azhar80, ouchy, Jojo and 2 others like this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Why Flacko wasn't pulled at the half is beyond dumb...
    You had a qb on the bench who beat the Bengals last year with worse talent to work with.

Saleh has no guts.

4. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Last season White threw short passes and marched the Jets consistently down the field against the Bengals. Hell, last week Flacco did the same thing with a minute left in the game. But, today LaFleur decides it's time to launch deep throws throughout the game.

azhar80 and KingRoach like this.
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I don’t think that was LaFleur. Gonna wait on the All-22 to say definitively but I feel like that was just Flacco making bad decisions.

Flacco had some guys open today but he decided to make some questionable decisions with the ball.

azhar80, stinkyB, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Quinnen Williams got really hot at one of the defensive assistants.

Players are players and they hate losing as much as we do, maybe more than we do.

azhar80, LAJet and KY Jets Fan like this.
  7. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

No account for the play of the Bagels. They are just better.

When was the last time we faced an opponent and felt our Jets dominated?

Crickets...

Jets69 likes this.
  8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

MLF needs to call a better game. They tend to only run on first down, and if I know this I assume the other team does. There was one possession that pops out.

Stuffed on first down, obvious run in obvious formation.
    Quick pass to WR for negative yards.
    Pretty sure a 5 yard penalty
    Screen to a RB in the middle for like 4 yards

It was completely gutless set of calls and basically was a punt on first down. That's when I get the SOJ feels.

On defense, they need to prevent a QB from having a great game. I can only think of Jacksonville in Salah's/Ulbrich first 20 games where the QB did not play like an all-pro. Some of that was talent, but three games in with enough talent in the backend and they get shredded still. We at it a lot where our receivers are covered, with the Jets the opponent receivers always seem to find seams.

9. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

the Bagels.

stinkyB and FJF like this.
  10. twown

twown Well-Known Member

when I was 17, it was a very good year.

11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

The O play calling was bad. there is no rhythm at all... and this is now a problem, Is it coaching, scheme, players? probably all the foregoing combined but my issue is it doesn't seem to be getting better.... all this talk about a better WR group to me is silly because without Wilson... they are not very good. There is very little seperation if any, so again is it the players, scheme, etc.

The OL is so bad (thanks JD for the hard work in putting together an OL for SAM , ZACK and Joe), we cannot use our TE in the passing game... but hey, lets wait till say game 8 and maybe they will JELL... like jello.

And how about that D.. Is it me of do these guys think they only need to play 1/2 or 3/4 games? Yet as one poster put it but after they gave up 13 pts after they spiotted them 14. Say what? ...............Guess we can thank God for smalI favors but not really interested in moral victories...just wins.

This is just another example of this team not being mentally "ready" (not prepared because that is different) for the rigors of NFL football. NOw in MHO its on both the players or coaches .

tomdeb and Br4d like this.
  12. Mogriffjr

You can't help when your tackles go down, that's just how football works. Injuries are apart of the game. The Jets are now down essentially 3 starting tackles in the grand scheme. McDermott maybe getting a start next week and Mitchell has held his own.

This defense just doesn't create enough looks for me to think they can wreck havoc for the opposing offense. The players are there I feel for the most part, but this scheme just stinks...I'm not a fan of Ulbrich at all.

The Jets most active LB has been Qunicy an looks like he really messed up his leg. I hope Sherwood is ready...he seemed to play well in preseason.

PJ4Ever and Noam like this.
  13. Mogriffjr

That was last year.

We gotta stop this QB carousel type thinking.

Week 1- Flacco is trash, play Mike White
    Week 2- OMG Flacco! let him start even if Zach is healthy
    Week 3- Flacco is trash, play Mike White because of last year?

You live with what QB is there at that time an Flacco was the correct play until Zach is ready. Hell, half of the forum wanted Streveler to make it over White, suddenly he's the answer now?

Hopefully Zach is ready next week, the added mobility in the pocket will help...I want to see him with the new toys.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

What is the story on Brown? When can he be reinstated. I thought next week was the earliest

15. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

You would have to go back 3 years to Gase’s first season when the Jets played decent in the second half after Darnold came back. I remember them handling the Redskins and Raiders in back to back weeks with ease. It seems a lot longer than 3 years….

Under this coaching staff the Jets haven’t dominated any team in any of the 20 games played.

It is a little concerning but the schedule has not been in their favor. I wasn’t expecting a win today. I see a couple of games later this season where the Jets could “dominate” in theory.

16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

He started limited practice on Tuesday. I have heard no word on his injury status or any timeline for his return. A healthy Brown would be a huge boost for the offense.

LAJet likes this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I’m getting more and more and more on board with this take on the CS. We have horses, we are just not using them at all or not using them to their strengths. Especially with MLF.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

When was the last time Flacko beat the Bengals?

19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

In regards to this game. It reminded me a lot of the Ravens game. The defense played mostly well but had some big breakdowns the JFM penalty, the missed tackle and the missed communication on the Chase TD. The difference between this game and Baltimore was Burrow. Burrow is elite and played well. He neutralized our pass rush with quick throws and scrambled on 3rd downs converting many 3rd downs.

Against the Ravens any offense and we win in this game a better offense likely only would have kept the game close. Against an elite QB playing well our offense needs to play lights out to win. That for me was the difference. The Ravens game felt like we should have won absent an abysmal offensive performance this game we really needed to play at a very high level to just be competitive. I really never felt we belonged in this game absent the first half of the 1st quarter.

Pepsiguy5 and MoWilkBeast like this.
  20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Was it Lefluer or Flacco?