Let's keep it real. This team is 0-3

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Actually nothing you cited here is false...yet. Nor is it verified by anyone associated with the Jets. Part of the overoptimistic stance here is jumping head first into those scraps from Tweets that people want to hear like the ones that would have put Becton back on the field six weeks after his injury last year. Hell, two weeks ago there were threads started here about Wilson playing when two or three days later he was declared out and it was determined he had yet to run on his knee. I have no problem at all waiting to hear what's really happening rather than going over a rainbow in anticipation of something that may not be.

2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well I’m on vacation in Iceland so I missed the game…will have to watch on DVR when I get back. I did see the score though so all I really know is yet another double digit loss, we didn’t score a TD, saw Flacco threw a pick or two.

I guess my question to the community is if we looked as bad as the score says or was it competitive?

I knew we were walking into a buzz-saw…that team is too good to go 0-3

by the same token, I expect another beat down next week as the Steelers D is still good even without Watt and they are also too good to go 1-3 especially at home. Don’t really care who their QB is I see another loss coming, Wilson or Flacco.

It took a miracle last week and while I give the team credit for taking what was there to be taken, the truth is it was like a 1% chance to win…incredible but I likely and we came quickly down to earth

1-2 is much better than 0-3 and not really inexpectee when I saw the schedule, but man it just looks tough each and every week

3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Did you not see or overlook the last statement of my post?

Would you care to comment on the central thesis of this thread? Or would you rather deflect?

Is this thread based in fantasy or based in reality?

Finally, care to place a friendly wager on Zach’s status for next week?

4. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Pass rush doesn't exist, this was the test to see what it could do, the answer was nothing....

NYJetsO12, REVISion and KY Jets Fan like this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

So you are a supporter of JD, but fully expected his 4th consecutive 0-3 start, while again looking bad in the process?

At what point is support really blind loyalty?

I’m also hoping he succeeds, and thought the 2022 draft was terrific.
    We still have not improved at all as a team though. Another division sweep would be final straw for me.

REVISion and HomeoftheJets like this.
  6. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Very disappointed with how the DL performed today. Our EDGEs generated 0 pressure all day. Something’s gotta change.

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The one thing I am really disappointed about, i thought we'd drafted a pair of dogz, but not showing up yet.

Lawson now looks like that injury last season has finished him.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I’d change the coaching before the GM…at least with JD I can point to some good stuff like the last two drafts, the trades, at least there is some good

mom not at all sold on this coaching staff though…they get this year to show something otherwise I’d get rid of them and bring in someone new

REVISion, K'OB and KY Jets Fan like this.
  9. K'OB

How many times do I have to tell you why, you surely know why I support him by now.

I will say again anybody expecting any different with a teams OL ripped apart and playing with the back up QB but to be actually shocked and disappointed is even odder.

Of course, there are lots to be disappointed about, the edge rushers have not shown up, do we blame them, Ulbrich or JD?

Lefleaur was awful today, yet people want him to replace Saleh as HC.

Are you really gonna go down the final straw route lol come on man ffs

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  10. K'OB

Don't rush to see the highlights and enjoy the rest of your holidays

Jets79 likes this.
  11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

JD hand picked this coaching staff!
    And he fully supported Gase, came here to work with him, and doubled down the next year despite what he saw.
    He can’t pick coaches for shit, and is on verge of ruining second high profile QB.

No way he should get a crack at 3rd QB and 3rd HC.
    He needs to start some level of succeeding in 2022 or it’s over.

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If we keep fire Saleh and keep Douglas, might as well just bring back Gase because he's the only one who would take the job.

13. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Saleh is not HC material. He's nothing more than a rah-rah coach and I don't see him winning many games this season. He lacks the mindset to draw up a game plan for every game. The Cleveland game was more of a Browns collapse than a Jets comeback. Today against Cincy, you could see that Saleh was being outcoached from the get-go. An offense putting up on 12 points and NO TDs after everyone was praising Flucco for last week's win has seen why he's not even worth being a backup. Flucco couldn't move the ball let alone the offensive line looking like a subway turnstile.

Saleh should not make it past half the season if ZW comes back and can't put a fire under this team.

tomdeb and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

The old axiom that says, "you are what your record says you are" doesn't apply here. It was a miracle we won last week and those that want to post 1-2 is fine as long as they realize that we didn't win the game as much as the browns lost the game with their JET like implosion. IMHO, as presently consitiuted and this includes the coaching staff, we are not very good team. Certainly we have better telent and frankly should be better but...

One more point, if this OL doesn't get better immediately better (I say that with tongue firmly planted in cheek) , ZW will be running for his life... lets hope he is able to make it through the game w/o injury.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Does anyone here think Joe Douglas has the balls to hire a high profile HC? We're stuck with Saleh for the foreseeable future no matter what the record is.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

A better question should be... If the left side of the OLine isn't fixed, how long will Zach last this season?

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

So it just applies when it suits the agenda. Got it.

KY Jets Fan and NYJFOREVER like this.
  18. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Not very long. Ditto Flacco and Mike White as well. If they don't fix the O-line, we might be starting a guy at QB towards the end of the year who isn't even on the roster right now.

19. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Oh, I dunno, Braden Mann has a heckuva'n arm

20. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Silly comment. This has nothing to do with coaching. Dropping passes and missed tackles are part of a losing effort. Players are in position to make plays but failure to do it is on them. Young guys are getting good experience but the most important one has not seen the field yet. Maybe next week.