Let's keep it real. This team is 0-3

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Sep 25, 2022.

1. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I am not going to say much about the game. Bengals are SB runner up and they were fired up to win. It a no surprising that they rebounded. Moving on to next week which I think is the key game for the Jets to stay respected and make progress. However, despite Flacco success Va Steelers, we need a mobile QB vs the Steelers.

We have to run often. We weren’t a disaster today and had some respectable runs. We need to do that more ground and pound.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You're haIf right, or wrong as the case might be. If I was looking to support the OP I would have done so with a "like" or a response to his post. I am certainly, without apology, criticizing those who not only have been proven time and again that they are overly optimistic but also some of whom feel it is proper to demand the same from all participants here.

Irrational exuberance is "fantasy" and there is nothing about it that should put it above examination or beyond discussion here.

Your statement the "Zach comes back next week" has not been verified by anyone connected to the Jets. Why not wait and see before getting carried away with more unbridled optimism? And you can do you, but I will never be happy with 1 - 2 to open a season.

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I think there’s a better chance of splitting with Miami.
    Even tho NE has an inexperienced QB and rebuilding roster, how often does Belichick lose to a raw QB, inexperienced team and coaching staff?
    It would be catastrophic to get swept in division yet again. Inexcusable really.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

It's hard to not have an emotional response to a loss. All of us are passionate about this team and get frustrated with them when they don't perform well.

The first three games are what they are. They're mostly non-competitive on offense because Flacco sucks and MLF is insistent on dropping him back 50+ times.

They have a 2-headed monster at RB and a nasty IOL. Gotta start pounding the rock and getting creative on short yardage with the end arounds. Hopefully they open it up a little more with Zach since he's more athletic.

#64 NYJFOREVER, Sep 25, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'm a JD supporter and I did, I am sure there are plenty of posts to back that up.

6. Ralebird

Of course - someone who disagrees must be a troll. More childish shit from someone too fragile to face a differing opinion.

7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Has there been any news as to when Wilson might be back? I know that initially it was said "about 4 weeks" but if the OL continues to play this badly then I can see them wanting to keep him out rather than getting completely blown up

8. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Well l was truly excited to see a live Jets game today on our local CBS channel. Then my DirecTV stream remote started to play games. After consulting with the tech department new remote will be sent out, no tv.

I guess that I didn’t miss much but will watch the replay until I can’t stand anymore. Oh well.

9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

That's not the issue. The issue is that plenty of people point these things out literal years before the homers admit them. And all the while the homers insult those people and act like they're idiots or fake fans, before ultimately acting like this was all unforeseeable despite people telling them it was foreseeable for years beforehand.

10. burf

burf Well-Known Member

And there's the rub... the coaches, including the wonderboy O coach, haven't a clue how to deviate from their beloved schemes. The HC thinks games are won with cliches. The DC hasn't a clue. The OC shows flashes now & then, but generally, he's not utilizing the talent efficiently, & rarely changes the pace of the offense. I'd love to see a speed-up no-huddle O at the beginning of games, since almost every game that MF has been here, the team falls behind quickly. I like the talent, aside from a few holes, but this CS seems generally clueless.

bleedgreen, REVISion and Ralebird like this.
  11. K'OB

Explain why?

If you expect the team to not do well in the division, this was always likely after the upgrades right through the AFC East, people have been saying we have a brutal schedule since it was released.

So rather than catastrophic, it was expected by some, hey it may not happen though, we may share a game with the Phins and NE who haven't looked great but we will be rinsed by the Bills.

I expected us to finish last, one fluke win hasn't changed that outlook.

This season is all about Wilson, he needs to play and perform, if he doesn't, we should not waste a third season on him but we need to evaluate that.

Compete and be in the game is what I wanted, that isn't really happening bar a weird 1:30 seconds.

sozopol likes this.
  12. K'OB

Supposedly playing next week

13. NYJFOREVER

Saleh said they expect Wilson back next week but won't say for certain until cleared.

Ian Rapoport also said next week.

14. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Not getting blown out is the barometer of success? We'd be 0-3 with every loss by double digits if not for the miracle last week.

15. NYJFOREVER

I don't get why you won't give credit to the Jets for coming back last week.

A ton of stuff had to go their way, yes, but they still executed when it mattered.

JETS1116 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Every opinion you have is a "differing opinion"...
    It's how you get your rocks off.

Incessantly crapping on Jet fans is really an odd pastime...

17. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Everything you’ve said is all fair. I’ll never tell anyone how they should “fan”. Everyone can cheer or jeer this team to their heart’s content. As you said, “you do you boo-boo”. However, as you put it, “irrational exuberance” is a rather subjective issue. Even the most exuberant of us had this team as a 7-8 win team. Is that now out of the picture? Can you not see 6-7 more wins on this schedule? Probably not but again, I’ll never tell anyone how to “fan”.

All discussion or examination of this team should be at the forefront of this board. That is what these boards are here for. To discuss the happenings of this team, good or bad.

Also, Zach coming back next week has now been verified by numerous sources, all of which have legitimate connections to this team. If you wish to put your reputation up against Ian Rapoport, Connor Hughes, & Rich Cimini then please, be my guest.

All that being said you should have no issue admonishing this thread as fantasy then, right? Considering it is demonstrably and certifiably false and incorrect. Right?

18. Ralebird

Toughen up, one of these days you may realize you can take a little disagreement; your ego is not that important, especially to me.

19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

The way Miami is playing, honestly, I would be surprised if we’re even competitive.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Keyboard warrior...