Let's keep it real. This team is 0-3

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Sep 25, 2022.

1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I posted this in June 2021:

"I'll be pleasantly surprised if JFM makes a meaningful contribution this year--I'll take not jumping offside or roughing the passer at a critical point."

#12IDFjet, Jun 28, 2021

Why can't the Jets FO/coaching staff see this coming?

Here's one of our fans replying to my post:

"Which of his 2 penalties on the season are you talking about? Against KC or against LA?"

#18KingRoach, Jun 28, 2021

Are you always wrong?

REVISion likes this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You always have to make things personal because you can't support anything you say. You like to hide behind your stupid memes so you can deny responsibility for their stupid messages. That's what a coward does.

I'm not saying anything today I haven't said all season. Irrational exuberance is irrational. How many times must you be proven wrong before you gain some humility?

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Receipts.

IDF has gots them...

REVISion and K'OB like this.
  4. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

Why were people expecting something different? We are playing the 4th string left tackle and have an immobile QB. That is not much of a recipe for success. But there are bright lights. Cincinnati went to the bowl, they were not going 0-3. The rookies impress. Many of the off season pickups impress. They do have the talent to be competitive. The defense has not shined but still manages to get off the field from time to time. However, I question the defensive scheme they run. Although they play better than last year its because they have better players, not because the coaches have coached a better game. The only expertise i have is watching football for 70 years. My eyes tell me they need to do something different on defense. I don't know what that might be.

I posted a numbe of times 3 keys to the season. Wilson developing. Ok, maybe he will and get the team points.
    Avoiding crucial injuries cause they lack depth. So far 2 crucial injuries, wilson and keft tackle.
    Coaches learned from last year and got better at decision making. I don't see that. But maybe the players limitations dont allow for anything else.
    All in all they have to fix left tackle, get wilson in the game, and have better defensive schemes.

Jojo likes this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Serious question, are we gonna get swept in our division, again?

Has JD won a single divisional game yet in his tenure here?

Jojo, REVISion and typeOnegative13NY like this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

When have I been irrationally exuberant?

You're just a boring old crank who derives a perverse pleasure in criticizing fans on a chat board.

bicketybam and BradysTornACL like this.
  7. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I wasn't expecting much with Flacco and there is serious concern with our oline and defense. But the whole point and our hope for this season is the 2nd year leap of our QB and as bad as we have played, our season isn't dead yet

ouchy likes this.
  8. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

No, it's starting to fall. 37 year old back up or not, the fact is we've been blown out in every game so far. If it wasn't for last week's miracle, that would have been another blowout. The team looks like they haven't improved one bit...not one bit...since last year.

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

There is no way we beat Miami or Buffalo. Possibly a split with New England if somehow things get a little better.

Lon Chaney and Acad23 like this.
  10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Every team has injuries. We have them in a couple critical spots, but the defense is healthy (at least it was until the Quincy injury). Defense has no injury excuses.

This defense is based on the defensive line getting an elite pass rush, and we have never gotten that, and there's no solution otherwise.

Jojo and REVISion like this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why must you always make personal attacks and call stupid names? Why are you so threatened by the truth? Why not just deal with facts and what is written?

The overly optimistic get a pass and those who have realistically predicted get vilified? You come from a very strange place.

12. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

So does that mean we can't scheme differently?expecting elite pass rush from the front 4 has to yield to reality. I guess every team wants an elite pass rush but so few have them. Great coaches find a way, good coaches try and dont accept the status quo. They may not succeed but they try. Bad coaches dont know how to change,

Jojo, burf and Ralebird like this.
  13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I’m sorry, are you defending the OP while simultaneously criticizing someone for supporting those who have been optimistic of this team by saying they’re dealing in “fantasy”?

Please correct me if I’m wrong but that certainly seems to be the case.

This thread is fantasy. This team is not 0-3, they’re 1-2. Coulda, woulda, shoulda doesn’t give a damn about anyone’s feelings. Facts are facts and the fact that this team currently sits at 1-2 is not up for debate.

The team has also been bad for the vast majority of the time they’ve been on the field so far. That’s also a fact. What’s still up for debate is how the rest of the season will play out. I can certainly understand why some (most) are pessimistic, I’m certainly slipping into that majority myself, but the season is not lost. We’re 1-2 and if you asked most of us if you’d be happy with 1-2 going into Week 4 at the beginning of the season, most of us would’ve said yes.

Zach comes back next week so the sky is not falling but I’ll be more than happy to revisit that statement here in a couple of weeks.

14. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Facts are facts.

The Browns absolutely shit the bed last weekend.

The Jets also took full advantage of the Browns shitting the bed last weekend.

Both are true.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

More meme...
    [​IMG]

bicketybam and NYJFOREVER like this.
  16. CaptainCap

CaptainCap Well-Known Member

We're 1-2 but we've not been blown out. Small steps yes. But there is progress. You can't fix a total mess in just one season.

JETS1116 likes this.
  17. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

This is 100% correct. The Browns screwed the pooch last weekend but the Jets also took advantage of the opportunity they were given.

Everyone can dismiss last week until the cows come home but that’s not gonna change the final result which is now cemented into the record books.

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

he's probably injured and unable to catch you though

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

tbf I'm not that old and I enjoy that as well ;):D

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Not surprised we lost but man this team sucks - OL is abysmal (mostly down to injuries but those seem to happen every year since Ferguson retired), Flacco is terrible (but query whether Wilson will be any better - can only pray for some improvement there but not expecting much), the coverage was terrible (no-one covering Chase in the end zone?) - and to make it worse the Fins and Bills both look to be on the rise (after waiting over a decade for the Pats to decline we are still the worst team in the division)

Typical Jets luck would be for that fluke Browns game to cost us the #1 pick in the draft at the end of the year and the chance to either take Stroud or trade the pick for a King's ransom.

Wahoo and REVISion like this.