Schefter: Zach Wilson with Bone Bruise & Meniscus Tear (out 2-4 weeks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Aug 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This ^ a 1000%.

One of the biggest problems with this franchise historically is that the fans are so willing to settle for mediocrity. Sure, they SAY they want another SB, but most don't have the patience to put up with what it takes to build a SB team. Who gives a rat's ass if Flacco wins a few games? He sure as hell isn't taking them to the SB. Maybe Zach won't either but we need to find out if he's capable, and if he's not make plans for finding a QB who is, either by drafting another one or signing or trading for one.

I still believe Zach has what it takes, but he needs to prove it and stay healthy. Those are two big hurdles he needs to clear. The sooner he gets back out there and is given the opportunity to prove it. the better.

LAJet, Borat, KY Jets Fan and 2 others like this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

First, Zach hasn't played two seasons, so saying: "but not one young guy out there today that’s dominating at his position still had questions after 2 years in the league." is flat out wrong.

Second, only someone who hasn't paid any attention to Zach's career going back to HS would accuse him of being a "baby". If anything his tendency to prove his toughness has added to his injuries. I'm pretty sure if it were left up to Wilson he'd be out there starting already, it's the CS that's being prudent, and rightfully so.

I get that you're frustrated being a fan of a team with such a long history of failure, but you're emotions are overriding your ability to reason.

LAJet and KY Jets Fan like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

NVM.

4. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I was responding to someone who said Zach should sit on the bench until not only his knee heals completely, but also until he’s mentally able to play without fear of re-injury. I think that’s nonsense, you don’t treat these guys like babies. If his injury is healed and cleared by the doctor for full contact then he needs to be on the field. Sitting Zach for any longer than he needs to heal his knee is a massive detriment to the long term success of this team. Zach needs to be on the field and producing, showing by the end of this season without a shadow of doubt that he’s going to be the guy. If we’re still questioning whether he can play competent football at the end of the year then it’s highly unlikely he’ll become a franchise level QB.

5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Great to hear but man what the fuck is the medical staff doing with their estimates. 2-4 weeks turned into 2+ months. This is a trend.

7. ColoradoContrails

This seems to implicate not the medical staff but the people in charge of messaging, ultimately the Johnsons).

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

They said 2-4 weeks?

That's just goofy.

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

They said 2 to 4 for the meniscus tear. It is the bone bruise that appears to be taking longer and reports around the surgery said it would typically take longer for a bone bruise to heal. A few people pointed this out around the time of the surgery. I for one did want to believe them but was hoping for the 2-4 week timetable with the bone bruise not being an issue.

It seems they made the call that bone bruise was still an issue 2 days after putting ZW through his 1st workout prior to week one.

The real question is why are they managing fan expectations so poorly. Is it to sell tickets? Is it to just give limited medical info or do they simply give out best case medical scenario info?

#1089 Noam, Sep 25, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    Acad23 likes this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Being routinely incompetent on the field the Jets have become a marketing based franchise.

In the 00's they were a mix of marketing and competence.

11. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Zach had surgery on Aug 16th. That's not anywhere close to being 2+ months.

Tuesday will be 6 weeks from surgery. Being off by 2 weeks isn't that crazy IMO.

12. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I don’t want to see one comment about starting the “hot hand” Joe Flacco.

13. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Josh Allen now Tua is looking like the Dolphins may have something there we need to get the QB position figured out. Wilson gotta show he’s the guy.

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

It is not.possible for Tua to be good. Go read Njjets posts.

Noam likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Huh? They were talking about him being ready to play versus the Ravens. From initial injury that would’ve been about a month.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Talk is cheap.

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

he missed the final two weeks of practice. Between that and ramp up, this was necessary. Bring on Zach.

18. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Watching a game against an elite QB who is playing well, like Burrow today, reinforces the theory that the only way to combat that is with good offensive play and good QB play. The game has changed a lot and some of these QBs are pretty much unstoppable. I sure hope Wilson shows progress as otherwise it looks like a very long year.

19. Jaybranch23

Jaybranch23 Active Member

It’s always has been ridiculous. I hope people on here just stop with the Flacco nonesense

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Which nonsense should we expect next week? White or Wilson?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.