Possible Mims sighting this week?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Sep 22, 2022.

1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The Mims thing feels so redundant these days that its hard to get excited. We don't play him and clearly the coaches don't want him. He probably cant wait to get out of here.

If were trying to develop Zach we need to keep Davis this season. If/when injuries strike we don't want to be thin at WR when Zach is playing. If there is a potential trade partner I'd say it would be the Bears.

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

davis is stupidly cheap though TBH.

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

True. $37.5M for 3 years with $27M guaranteed is certainly not a heavy contract by a long shot. Great Kudos to JD for his acumen in that area. People would be crucifying him if his contract was much higher and God forbid any where near some of the big boys. Those are the kind of dumb ass splash moves some of our prior GMs did with impunity. Insert Brown, Bell, you name it. Kind of massively overpaying moves teams like Cleveland and Washington and Tennessee are making know.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

we also have "extra money" considering our QB and top 2 WRs are all on rookie deals and berrios is cheap
    we have about 31 million cap hit between our top 4 WRs and QB. most good teams are paying more then that for their QB alone. a couple of top WRs like hill and adams are making that much alone

LAJet likes this.
  6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I have 0 interest in trading possibly the best #3 receiver in the league who we have on the cheap for the next two years. If I move him, I’d need to be blown away.

I still think Mims has talent and potential. If someone else is going to utilize that talent they need to pay for it.

Jojo likes this.
  7. burf

burf Well-Known Member

(USAToday)

I'm at a point where I'm giving less & less credence to Jets injury reports. Judging by recent reports on other players, this may mean CDs knee needs to be replaced. Becton, Zach, Brown, etc... lots of "gamesmanship," ummm, BS.

ouchy likes this.
  8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Mims got caught in a numbers game. You don’t take away reps from Davis, Moore and now Wilson…hell even Berrios showed he can step in and be good.

REVISion and Lon Chaney like this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

That is true. The only way he sees the field is if one gets injured and that is not something we want, period. Bad for him too, but if the opportunity comes his way, he better make the best of it.
    Now, here is my thing, if there is any concern at all about Davis being 100%, why can’t he be activated.sure they can find one slot if they wanted.

burf and KingRoach like this.
  10. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Spot on

I don't even know why anyone even brings up Mims. It's just better that he's off this roster for both parties.

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Davis is either healthy enough to play or he isnt.

And if he is healthy enough to play, there is no reason for Mims to be active.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

LAJet likes this.
  13. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Could be GB or LA. Either way they should hold out for a 2nd round pick. I guess they can cave in for a 3rd right at the deadline.

Davis is gone next year anyway. Wilson Moore and Berrios are the starters. Mims and Smith can be the backups. Might as well get something in return for him

wewantsapp and Royal Tee like this.
  14. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Trading Corey Davis could make sense in some ways, but unless they're itching to get Denzel Mims on the field, I wouldn't do it. This is a deep, talented WR group for the first time in a long time. Let's keep it that way especially with Zach Wilson returning and needing all the help he can get to develop. I'd prioritize the impact CD would have for Zach and the offense over the draft pick he might bring in (would be surprised if it's higher than a 4th personally)

15. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

After that unnecessary roughness flag -- I'd definitely trade Corey Davis. 3rd rounder would be fine. Guy is gone after this season since we'd be able to save $10 mil vs the CAP if we cut him, -- but getting a draft pick would be so much better.

And then I'd put in Denzel Mims to join Garrett Wilson & Elijah Moore.

cmcm750203, burf and bicketybam like this.
  16. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

If the Jets are considering trading Davis why don't they at least take a test drive with Mims and see what he's got instead of idling him on the bench.

burf likes this.
  17. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Why??? Because the CS hasn't a clue how to use the talent they have, case in point Elijah Moore. Why is he wide, so often? Why no screens? Why don't they just spread the ball around? They finally have some talent, yet they feed certain players, & ignore others. And then there's Mims, who they've pissed all over. Nobody has any idea how good or bad he is. He showed some flashes in year 1, then last season he was sick, injured or whatever, & it was a washout. And with a healthy off-season & training camp, they decided not to give him any opportunities... rather to throw him in garbage time, & then sit him. That's a very smart way to evaluate talent, & raise a player's value to the team (or as trade bait)... NOT. As you can tell, I'm not very bullish on this CS. And this time, the Jets actually have talent, which may have to wait until (if ever) management hires an NFL-ready coaching staff.

Royal Tee and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

davis is not the only guy they should be selling at the trade deadline!

even if they send a pick and the player to get back a higher pick, they should do it.

davis, flacco, joyner, are the first 3 that come to mind, but not the only ones expendable

LAJet likes this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I would be ok with the moves. Davis in his tenure has under achieved. Joyner is a big disappointment. Flacco is exactly the wrong type of QB for us. MLF needs to restructure the game plan around a Mobil QB. Also Moore is completely misused out wide all the time.