Here is a question that can never be answered...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ROCCO, Sep 19, 2022.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

2. ROCCO

ROCCO Active Member

Dan Marino is a cunt.

stinkyB likes this.
  3. K'OB

Careful, they don't like that word around these parts, Brits get a special dispensationary rate of 10 uses a week

Might of just made a new word up tbh lol

cval and Ralebird like this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The word is totally allowable when referencing Marino, Brady, Gase, Kotite...

stinkyB likes this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Of course ZW is the 'future'. But even at 37 I'd have no issues with keeping ZW on the bench if Flacco were just a tiny bit better throughout an entire NFL game. But his age is no issue really. He's nearly a decade younger than Brady, and he's in the same general age category as some other starters like Matt Ryan (37) and Arron Rogers (38). Wasn't that long ago we rode with 'not the future' Fitzmagic to a 10-6 finish (shoulda been 11-5 :mad: -> Playoffs -> SB!!).

There's a real argument to be made that Flacco's calming influence on a very young team is beneficial, especially for the other youngins trying to develop their own selves.

I don't think Flacco is good enough to keep on winning, but who knows....it's the NFL. Perhaps our oline will start playing better like they did in the Browns game keeping old Joe upright and giving him time to throw. Perhaps our other stars like Garrett, Moore, Hall and others will give Flacco the real weapons he needs to score points and pull a few more wins. I guess if all that happens, and Joe is the man, I'd probably keep him under center until (at least) the bye. Let young gun Zack Wilson watch and learn from the sidelines how a vet QB keeps winning and stays calm and carries on. Then, decide during the bye week. Ride out the season with Flacco or make the switch to Zack.

If Flacco's play has us in decent expectation of a PO birth, then gotta stay with him even after the bye. If we fall out of the PO conversation later on, thank ol Joe and insert the future under center. When Zack finally comes in, the team will be much better than it was opening day and our stars will be a bit more developed, which will benefit Zack too.

Ralebird and ouchy like this.
  7. K'OB

It was his first win as a Jets QB, why do people think it likely another is following swiftly?

That is why I would have no hesitation in putting Wilson back in, when he is 100% fit and not any sooner.

We need to see Wilson in action so we can judge him going forward, if he doesn't play because he is sat behind the new living God, Flacco, then what are we doing in year three of his contract?
    Still hoping he is going to take a step?
    If he doesn't play this year the only step he takes is a huge backwards one and that is just shooting ourselves in the foot.
    Give me a J

KY Jets Fan and cval like this.
  8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Stop listening to these idiots. Flacco is awful. We lose that game Flacco is the worst QB on the planet. These are the guys the NY post article get riled up about QB controversy. Heck, as soon as Zach got hurt the stories started. The idiots were just waiting for a Jets to win publish was written in that NY Post article.

K'OB likes this.
  9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

No you go with Flacco one more week.

Ralebird likes this.
  10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

When Wilson is healthy and ready to play, he plays. This isn't rocket science.

KY Jets Fan, Acad23, stinkyB and 2 others like this.
  11. ROCCO

ROCCO Active Member

After the Jets win this coming Sunday and Flacco has another good game, he will then be named the starter against Pittsburgh the following week. This isn't rocket science.

12. ROCCO

ROCCO Active Member

If the Jets lose this Sunday and Flacco doesn't play well, then Zach Wilson will be the starting quarterback against Pittsburgh.

This isn't rocket science.

13. bicketybam

It does not matter if the team wins or loses. Once Wilson is ready, he will play. This isn't a playoff team that needs all the wins they can get with the starter out. You're just stirring shit.

K'OB and KY Jets Fan like this.
  14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

While I do agree....It could be a coach that needs wins ;)

15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I like Wilson and wanted the Jets to draft him. First, he needs to not be rushed back too soon. I think the problem with the offense is up in the booth with LaFleur. His playcalling is awful hopefully he leaves.

16. ROCCO

ROCCO Active Member

I'm doing nothing of the sort. I am without question peering into a potential crystal ball and understanding that IF Flacco throws for 300 yards and 3 TD's while winning this Sunday - then there is NO WAY Saleh is going to yank him just because Wilson is ready- or they think he's ready.

I was thrilled when they drafted Wilson, I still love the pick at #2, however the name of the game is winning and not disrupting a good roll while we're on it. Flacco is going nowhere until he lays an egg - he will be the starting quarterback - and should be.

Lastly, I disagree with your presumption that this is not a potential playoff team - I'll insist that they have an opportunity to make the post season and snag the final WC berth. Before the season I had the Jets projected at 9 wins, and if they are in site of that coming down the homestretch then they will have a shot.

The team is still obviously a work in progress and not a slam dunk for anything at this point, however, I like to think this team will get better as the season moves along.

Provided Flacco balls out this Sunday and leads the Jets to a victory, I can guarantee you that calls for Zach Wilson against the Steelers will be few and far between.

17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

of course they are, Just like Miami did with Tua and Fitz

18. K'OB

[​IMG]

bicketybam likes this.
  19. bicketybam

@ROCCO Do the Jets score 2 touchdown in the final quarter, on the road in Pittsburgh, to erase a 10 point deficit with Flacco as QB? Hmmm

I am waiting for you to make the thread!

K'OB likes this.