Official Robert Saleh Thread for 2022 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Sep 7, 2022.

1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I am going to chalk this up to playing two run first teams until proven otherwise.

WilsonJetsFan and The Waterboy like this.
  2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Honest question - how good are the OLs of the Browns and Ravens? I don't subscribe to PFF or Football Outsiders so I can't see beyond their top 5 OL rankings but neither team is in the top 5 of PFF OL ranking or FO DVOA OL ranking.

3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Not sure that's relevant since two of these stats account for number of passing attempts. The only one that doesn't is sacks.

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Really? When you play a team like Baltimore and Cleveland and your first responsibility is the run. If you overcommit you get burned. Not only that but pounding the rock also tires out your pass rushers. The only saying running the ball slows down the pass rush is true.

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

So I heard this on the radio this morning and I'm curious what the rest of you think about it:

I'm paraphrasing with this--
    Miles Austin said as soon as Chubb scored, "they gave us a chance"
    Saleh in the presser after the game, "that was the best missed tackle I've ever seen (in regards to Chubb scoring at the end)"

Why does our WR coach know they gave us a chance and the HC doesn't? Why wasn't the D told to let them score to try and get the ball back? The game was over if Chubb doesn't go in. I remember last year Ekeler was carried into the endzone against the Browns (ironic) to try and give them a chance to come back and win vs LAC. Am I nitpicking Saleh over this or does this actually show he doesn't know the hell is he doing?

Jojo likes this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Coming from the defensive side of coaching... Saleh may not realize that when you have the ball... you control the clock to a large extent.

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like they are saying very similar things. If you put them together as one sentence it's even more evident, 'That was the best missed tackle I've ever seen, they gave us a chance'.

Looks like they both realize it's what's saved the game. I also don't think the coaches would think, let them score we'll still have 1:55 to score a TD, recover the inside kick and then score another TD.

#267 The Waterboy, Sep 22, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yes, you are incorrect. The very phrase best missed tackle implied that he knew we got a miracle chance on account of it. As to why the D was not told to not tackle ( we don't know that for a fact) was the same question as why did the O not told to score by the HC. Rookie mistakes.

#268 LAJet, Sep 22, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I’m going to chalk this up to overthinking what happened, scoring a TD with minutes to go in a game is always the best thing to do.

Browns win this game if there is no 66 yard TD on a broken play by their defense.

The Jets caught a break, there is nothing that says Jets and Flacco are a powerhouse offensive juggernaut teams need to be afraid of.

Good for them and thankfully they got a win early in the year, otherwise it would be demoralizing for fans and team to be out of playoff contention early in the year again.

10. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Honest answer - I've no idea. I don't subscribe either and would take their rankings with a huge pinch of salt at season end, let alone after 2 games. They looked reasonably proficient to me, not great but not terrible either. The Jets D did a decent job of shutting down the run until the end of the Browns game, but may have focussed on it.

Edit - looking back maybe you have misconstrued my point. I wasn't implying that either team had great OLs. I was implying that the Ravens have a (the, maybe) top tier rushing QB and the Browns a great run game. The lack of pass rush was more due to a focus in shutting down the run.

REVISion likes this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Actually yes…Bridgett is not exactly mobile and we couldn’t get to him…

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

... and let's not forget the missed x-pt.

That sure helped.

JETFUEL1580 and The Waterboy like this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

ravens are solid and browns are one of the best. cincy is bad so we'll see on sunday if our d-line is good. we should have constant pressure and about 4-5 sacks IMO

KingRoach likes this.
  14. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

5. CLEVELAND BROWNS (NO CHANGE)
    Weakest Link: C Ethan Pocic
    Upcoming Opponent: Pittsburgh Steelers

The Browns still have a very good offensive line, but there are areas to be attacked this season. Jedrick Wills Jr. has allowed seven pressures, including a sack and a hit, through two games, and James Hudson joins him in having a PFF pass-blocking grade in the 50s. The good news is that the Browns' strength lines up with Pittsburgh’s best defensive lineman — Cameron Heyward — in T.J. Watt‘s absence, so they should still be in line for a good game this week on Thursday night.

18. BALTIMORE RAVENS (UP 1)
    Weakest Link: G Ben Powers
    Upcoming Opponent: New England Patriots

Injuries are a struggle for the Ravens, who are down to their third-string left tackle until Ronnie Stanleygets back into the lineup. Even when Stanley returns, it will have been two years since he was last fully healthy. Lamar Jackson and the unique offense help this line across the board, but three of the starters have earned sub-55.0 PFF run-blocking grades. The Patriots always pose a challenge, and Deatrich Wise Jr. has been one of the surprise elite performers of the young season on the edge.

Edit :21 Jets
    Weakest Link: T Max Mitchell
    Upcoming Opponent: Cincinnati Bengals

This isn’t the line the Jets expected to have before the season began, but it took a step in the right direction this week. Rookie Max Mitchell has surrendered seven pressures and a penalty, and George Fant has coughed up nine pressures and two penalties. But perhaps the biggest disappointment so far is big-money free agent Laken Tomlinson, who has surrendered 10 pressures and carries a 35.0 PFF run-blocking grade. If Tomlinson doesn’t improve quickly, that will have been a disastrous addition.

22. CINCINNATI BENGALS (DOWN 12)
    Weakest Link: G Cordell Volson
    Upcoming Opponent: New York Jets

For the second week in a row, you wouldn’t have known that the Bengals upgraded at least three spots along the line over the offseason. This week, Micah Parsons was unstoppable whether he was beating up on La’el Collins at right tackle or Jonah Williams at left tackle. The Jets don’t have anyone who can match Parsons, but they can bring enough juice up front that life won't get much easier for this Bengals' line this week.

#274 KingRoach, Sep 23, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    Lon Chaney likes this.
  15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

@Brook! can I use one of my weekly cunts here, please?

Ralebird and Brook! like this.
  17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Don’t. Or else One week vacation! :)

K'OB likes this.
  18. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I gathered:

Didn't watch the game, or highlights, which is fine.
    Doesn't know who the coach of the jets is
    Doesn't know who the GM of the jets is
    Definitely didn't call either

Poeman, Ralebird, mute and 1 other person like this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

SNL got there first.

mute, cmcm750203 and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  20. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

How have I not seen this before? it's pretty funny

HomeoftheJets, mute and cmcm750203 like this.