Garrett Wilson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Sep 18, 2022.

1. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I think that throw was the exact play call. Flacco knew where he was going with the ball before he finished his dropback.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Actually I think THATS the throw Zack makes. It's the other throw to Corey Davis that I wonder about. Flacco had TWO lineman baring down on him and in his face between him and Corey. Flacco saw Corey over top of the defense and got off a great wind up, right on target. I think if that were Zack, he'd have pulled the ball down and tried to spin away from that 'in-his-face' pressure. MAYBE he sees Corey after he spins out and re-sets his vision down field. Maybe. But Flacco being a foot taller (and a statue who doesn't spin out) just let it rip right then, right there. Personally, I'm not so sure Zack pulls off that 65 yarder to Corey Davis.

3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Anybody else get the feeling that, now that Garrett Wilson has demonstrated what he can do defenses are going to start to key on him, and Elijah Moore is going to light it up?

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I think It's an excellent problem to have. This should open things up so much more for this offense. This team may not be completely full of shit after all. Cautious optimism feels gross. lol

LAJet, Brook!, Noam and 3 others like this.
  5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

It SHOULD happen that way... I'll give Mike LaFleur the benefit of the doubt that he's thinking the same thing. if you were the Browns you didn't go into Sunday's game thinking "stop Garrett Wilson" since there was nothing to stop yet. Now there is.

6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Someone did a breakdown of Moore's routes vs. Cleveland and apparently he was open a ton also. This is why it's important to stack weapons on offense - defenses can't stop all of them.

jackie1013, Brook!, Noam and 5 others like this.
  7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

If they try to key on Wilson and Moore, then Breece and MC have more room to run. Been a long time since they have had these weapons. Doesn't even take the TEs into account. Can't believe I am saying this about TEs on the Jets.

jackie1013, dmw, Noam and 8 others like this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The guy has massive pearls ;)

Lon Chaney likes this.
  9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Before the draft, I kept saying he looked the part of someone who could contribute in year 1 ala Jefferson and Chase. It's early, but so far so good.

ukjetsfan, jackie1013, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  10. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Elijah Moore should EAT after this Wilson breakout game. Wilson is more the homerun, so D will let Moore try beat them consistently. Both are such dangerous wide receivers tho.

dmw and Jets79 like this.
  11. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Agreed. Yes, but Zach hits the rollout to right to Davis…Flacco badly missed in the 3rd qtr for an easy TD. Different game.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This young man is a Building Block for the Jets future

Thank you Mr GM ...you picked a winner on this one;))

Can he have the same chemistry with ZacH or Strevelor ?

I look forward to finding out once Flacco stops winning for us ...but frankly who needs to know sooner if we are beating other teams ?

JetsNation06, LAJet and Ralebird like this.
  13. LogeSection2RowJ

Another cool aspect about Garrett Wilson for some of us here who are also NY Mets fans: He and Brett Baty, the Mets rookie and future third baseman are childhood friends who played on the same youth football teams from the same town in TX. Garrett tweeted congrats to Brett on his first HR, and Brett was on the sidelines for the Jets home opener. I don't recall a friendship like this before between two young potential franchise players playing for both my teams before. I think it's great.

Lon Chaney, NY Jets68, ouchy and 2 others like this.
  14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Breece will have some long runs. The Jets offensive CS must be licking their chops.

The Waterboy likes this.
  15. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

GARRETT WILSON...THE JETS ODELL BECKHAM....

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Without the drama I hope

17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Garrett Wilson got rookie of the week. Good shit. :)

18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

That slant route he ran for the winning TD was a beauty. Think we had a great draft. Sauce looks good and Wilson should see more action going forward. Johnson and Clemons are getting major minutes and Max Mitchell is locking down a tackle spot. Hall is looking like he is adjusting to the NFL life. Johnson had a sack or half sack first game. Hopefully he will start making an impact.

Brook! and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  19. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Loved the pick at the time. He was absolutely the WR I wanted them to draft.

Wilson and Moore can be a legit 1/2 punch in the NFL. Throw in Berrios in the slot and it makes sense that the Jets might be shopping Davis. If a desperate team offers a 2nd (I'm looking at you Packers), then you jump on it and don't look back.

20. LogeSection2RowJ

Good time to trade Davis - the fanbase hasn't warmed to him yet, and no rhythm was developed with our franchise (I mean young) QB.