2022 crow thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JackBower, Sep 18, 2022.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Wow that woulda been devastating. Can you imagine? ohh man I woulda been sick if that happened haha

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Yes! I imagined it so clearly. Their defense was atrocious yesterday. Cade York could probably hit from 65. I was mentally preparing myself. But then Ashtyn Davis, of all people, saved the win. Could not write a better script

BrowningNagle and Jets79 like this.
  3. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

The Browns had 2 chances to literally end the game. Chubb going out of bounds at 2:02 and then not kneeling on the next play after getting the first down.

I actually flipped over to the Mets game after the Chubb first down. Figured it would be three running plays and FG attempt with like 40 seconds left in the game. I flipped back and Corey Davis is streaking down the sideline lol.

I was encouraged by some things today, especially Wilson and Hall. But the run defense stinks like we thought it would. And absolutely no pressure on Brissett until late in the game.

4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

How can anyone blame Chubb? I'm sure he was thinking that going up by (potentially) 14 with 2 minutes left and the Jets having no timeouts was a good thing. But I guess he should have considered the 0.1% chance that it left the Jets to win the game.

Brook!, Jets79 and Acad23 like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It was Hunt that went out of bounds for the 1st down not Chubb. He was replaced by Chubb because the Browns coach was upset that he went out of bounds.

Chubb, you can't blame him for running it in, especially since he really should've been tackled in the backfield by Reed, who wiffed then he had a clear path to the end zone.

Jets79 and Lon Chaney like this.
  6. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

For those Flacco haters: any of you notice that Flacco is now 3rd in yards and 7th in touchdowns?

7. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Yea because that's when people started to write them off, with 1.5 minutes left. Nailed it. With selective memory like yours no wonder you consider Mims a great wasted talent.

My life feels pretty real to me

#87 JackBower, Sep 19, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
    KingRoach and bicketybam like this.
  8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

There were calls that it was over before half. You can look for yourself.

Not to mention the call-out of players who were cogs in the comeback. There's a difference between saying it's over when the chance of winning in like .1 percent to just bitching it's over after every bad play or saying so and so is useless because they didn't contribute enough in 1.5 games or had a bad play. One is reactionary and the other is not.

This place has been a bunch of whiners lately, just doing my part.

#88 JackBower, Sep 19, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You’re whining about the whiners.

Not untrue though. Week to week this is a stomping ground for everyone to try to prove they were right depending on whether we won or lost.

Hemi and BrowningNagle like this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I went for a swim at halftime so I watched the 2nd half on dvr and followed along in sync while reading the game thread.

There's a shit-ton of receipts on the last 20 pages... :confused:

bicketybam likes this.
  11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Did you say receipts? Our HC will want to take a look at them.

Jojo likes this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Saleh collects the media receipts.

@bicketybam handles the fans... ;)

13. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

would have liked to see the Jets do a squib like kick with 22 seconds left. We almost gave the Browns a chance at a long FG try, and I wouldn't have been all that confident in a miss as time ran out.

Dierking likes this.
  14. Skicats

It certainly makes a huge difference when the OL plays well.

15. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

No Flack this week for Flack-o

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  16. Skicats

Wouldn't call it a laser. More like, so freakin wide open, he would have had to run to the locker room if they had missed that one.

17. Skicats

It does feel good though, to have your team have some high quality players.

Jojo likes this.
  18. Skicats

Not that many players, and coaches for that matter have clock management ability (remember Herm, who got axed yesterday by the way).

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Fellas, believe it or not I was at Citi Field at the Mets game (wife bought the tix as a birthday present for me, figuring it would be OK since they were away :() I was following along on my phone until power ran down to 3% at 2:33 when I turned off. What a great shock it was when Citi Field's scoreboard showed the Wilson TD and final score.

Should I stop watching games?
    Could any team other than Cleveland have given us that gift? And I know what you're thinking...
    Have we ever lost a game that way? I'm trying to recall. I mean, that was epic.

I watched the game early this morning. What a great feeling even though i saw all the highlights last night.

Acad23 likes this.
  20. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

My wife had been pleading with me to go for a bike ride all day, but I had managed to keep her at bay - "After the game. After the game", followed by her stomping off and mumbling something about the stupid loser Jets. When Chubb scored the TD to make it 30-17, I relented and we went for the bike ride, so I missed the missed PAT, the Davis TD, the onside kick, and the Wilson TD - I didn't even DVR the game.

After we got home from our ride and I learned of what I missed, she couldn't figure out why I was so mad, so I told her it was because for the first time in who knows how long, the goddamn Jets won a game they always lose. We broke someone else's heart and got all the bounces and made all the right plays at the end. I missed the chance to see a goddamn unicorn, but we had to leave early to go on a stupid bike ride. I slept in the spare bedroom.