2022 crow thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JackBower, Sep 18, 2022.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Fun fact: The last time a Jets QB threw 4 TDs and 0 INTs for over 300 yards was Ken O'Brien in 1986 against the Seahawks. The last time before that was Joe Namath in 1967 against the Chargers. And that's it.

2. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Isn't Flacco older than those two?

cval and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Nah, Namath is closing in on eighty and O'Brien has to be in his sixties.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  4. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Jets are 1-1 and won a game in September for the first time since 2018 and we have to eat crow already?

Fun win. Let’s keep it rolling now.

Jojo, Ralebird, NYJFOREVER and 3 others like this.
  6. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Some people in the GameDay thread, absolutely

KingRoach and bicketybam like this.
  7. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

1 game.....16 more...
    This team is still far away from anything special. Best to take it in stride, with humility. We been here before.
    Excellent win, do it AGAIN...and again..

JetFanInNE likes this.
  8. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I think at this point in his career its fair to say he's a very poor NFL starter, but a very solid NFL backup.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

In the gameday thread people are reacting in real time. In real time the Jets had a 0.01% chance of winning at one point.

It was a miracle win. If your reaction to that is find people on the internet who thought they were going to lose before that miracle happened then you need to get a real life because that’s just plain sad

Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.
  10. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

This is the best crow I've ever eaten!

11. Jonathan_Vilma

I wasn’t following the game thread. A lot of people thought the Jets were coming back from a 13 point deficit with less than 2 minutes left? And the ones who thought we were going to lose that game need to eat crow?

PJ4Ever, Ralebird and Acad23 like this.
  12. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

People were burying the Jets when they went down 7 with 9 minutes left in the game.

Acad23 and KingRoach like this.
  13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

SCP-01969 - The SOJ (same old jets)

Object Class: Thought Safe (Possibly Euclid)

SCP-01969 is a nemonic entity that seems to cause the repeated failure of teams in Americas National Football League. SCP-01969 is named for the American Football franchise The New York Jets. This is because, to date, no other male professional sports team has been proven to fail in multiple aspects of its own sport, and in more spectacular ways, than The New York Jets. SCP-01969 is believed to have been in existence for over 50 years.

Symptoms of exposure to SCP-01969 include but are not limited to:

Incompetent ownership
    Hiring incompetent leadership
    Keeping incompetent leadership for longer periods than their competitors would
    Consistently losing games
    Losing games in which most teams would emerge victorious
    Consistency failing in at least one phase the game
    Typically failing in multiple phases of the game
    Poor planning
    Poor time management
    Failing at what would be considered “routine” aspects of the game
    Fielding less talent than their competitors given the same resources
    Fielding less talent than their competitors when possessing more resources
    Inability to develop talent

It is believed that SCP-01967 is a nemonic entity that enters the consciousness of those in the employee of male professional sports teams. It is believed that SCP-01969 enters the mind as a false memory of previous failure and develops into the minds expectation of future failure. It has been observed that when players, coaches, and office staff become part of the franchise, they begin to suffer failures in ways including but not limited to injuries, poor physical fitness, mental mistakes, exhibiting poor judgment, briefly forgetting often used skills such as catching or running, or even a basic understanding of how time functions.

Attempts to remedy these issues have all been met with failure.

Some of these attempts have included:

Waiting for the owner to die
    Replacing high level management (multiple attempts)
    Providing large cash incentives to players for better performance (multiple attempts)
    Drafting a kicker in the second round

*Players, coaches, and management who change teams, leave the team, or leave the league often seem to resume performing at the levels they had prior to being employed by the New York Jets. The reasons for this have yet to be resreseched.

Though the exact date and time of creation of SCP-01969 is unknown, interviews with those who have followed The New York Jets believe it began around the time of what they refer to as “The Guarantee”.

The Guarantee

The Guarantee refers to a proclamation made by a former New York Jets player named Joe Namath. In 1969 The New York Jets were to play the Baltimore Colts in the final game of the season. The Baltimore Colts were believed to be a much better team so many believed they would win this game with ease. While being interviewed, Namath responded to a heckler by stating the following:

“Hey, I got news for you. We’re going to win Sunday, I’ll guarantee you…”

It is believed that SCP-01969 was created shortly before or after this statement was made.

Though SCP-01969 seemed to manifest within a short period of time after “The Guarantee”, leads based around it have gone nowhere. There is a belief among followers of The New York Jets that Namath made a deal with REDACTED in order to secure a win for his team. Others theorize that the deal may actually have been for fame or fortune, and “The Guarantee” along with the win was simply a vehicle for Namath to obtain it.

Until recently it was believed that SCP-01969 affected only The New York Jets. More recently, however, some teams that have come in contact with the New York Jets have begun to show similar symptoms. The most recent documented case includes a team (American Footballs Cleveland Browns) losing to The New York Jets after having achieved a win probability of higher than 99% while the game was still in progress. This has lead to speculation that other teams may not be immune to SCP-01969 as previously believed.

SCP-01969 does not seem to be a threat to those who encounter it, though followers of the New York Jets believe it can lead to a shorter life expectancy. It is unknown whether the foundation with dedicate any additional resources to its study.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Pretty much every Jets fan who stuck around to watch the last 1:55 thought we had a chance. The rest turned it off, and missed the miracle!

15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Both

Jets81 and James Hasty like this.
  16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

When wilson dropped the third down pass.

17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I also turned it off and found out much later that the Jets pulled off a miracle win.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

We’ve had 5 fourth quarter comebacks since 2017 in 82 games. I understand why there was an assumption that the game was over.

19. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

No one thought the Jets were coming back after the Browns went up by 13 with 2 minutes left. And no one is ragging on the people that said it was over at that point. Take a stroll through the game day thread and you'll see what Bower is talking about. It was constant bitching and moaning the entire game. If you decide not to,l go back and read though it, I dont blame you. I find the game threads to be occupied by people that rarely post outside of them and all they do is fucking whine.

JetFanInNE, KingRoach and MoWilkBeast like this.
  20. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I mean, even 31-30 with 22 seconds left I thought Cade York was going to bomb another FG at the buzzer to win 33-31. So that's one.

One of the most incredible comebacks we'll ever see and we should enjoy the heck out of it.

Braden Mann had a nice game punting to recover, but the fake punt and onside kick were over the top. Just amazing. Little crow to eat there for me! I didn't want him cut yet, but have been very disappointed in him.

Ashtyn Davis is where I'll eat crow though. I'm not giving him enough credit for his ability to make plays. Even had some nice plays last year. Huge pick

James Hasty and Jets81 like this.